Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 27
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

I'm an atheist and Christmas is my second favourite holiday after Thanksgiving.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Registered User
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 5,453
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
No, no I meant you haven't had the experience of not celebrating Christmas in a Christian society.
This is probably not quite the same but actually there's one public holiday I don't care too much about. It's the midsummer fest. Originally a pagan celebration, it was later Christianized, but I don't think meny people think about that Christian side of that weekend. (At least I don't.) For many people it's just a three-day weekend during which you drink a lot and go to your cottage on the shore of a lake if you have one. My family doesn't have a cottage so in that sense it isn't special.

Yep, it's a good weekend for socializing but there are many other good weekends in the summer anyway. As a lazy guy, I usually dedicate that weekend's evenings every second summer only for watching football Euro or World Cup.

Still, as it's a puclic holiday on Friday, I like it. Not that it really has affected on me very much but once I'll get a permanent job, for sure I want that public holiday to stay. And of course, it will stay.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion | 2015 French Open Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion

My Twitter
August is offline  
post #33 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,417
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
I'm an atheist and Christmas is my second favourite holiday after Thanksgiving.
Celebrate, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
This is probably not quite the same but actually there's one public holiday I don't care too much about. It's the midsummer fest. Originally a pagan celebration, it was later Christianized, but I don't think meny people think about that Christian side of that weekend. (At least I don't.) For many people it's just a three-day weekend during which you drink a lot and go to your cottage on the shore of a lake if you have one. My family doesn't have a cottage so in that sense it isn't special.

Yep, it's a good weekend for socializing but there are many other good weekends in the summer anyway. As a lazy guy, I usually dedicate that weekend's evenings every second summer only for watching football Euro or World Cup.

Still, as it's a puclic holiday on Friday, I like it. Not that it really has affected on me very much but once I'll get a permanent job, for sure I want that public holiday to stay. And of course, it will stay.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #34 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 27
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Celebrate, no?
I don't celebrate the religious aspects, but considering Christianity stole traditions from pagan religions, I don't feel bad about adopting my own traditions. I have a tree, give and receive presents and have a big dinner with family. I actually love Christian music, even the religious music.

Freakyman banned again

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #35 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,682
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Freakyman banned again
mods

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #36 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
mods
I know which poster to thank for this. That thread is even deleted.

As for Christmas, I don't celebrate it. My family is not Christian and we're Asians, so... It only became a deal at all when I started dating my boyfriend (who's Christian).

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #37 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,682
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I know which poster to thank for this. That thread is even deleted.
tell me!!!

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #38 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 12,897
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Yeah it kind of pisses me off. It was much better when it didn't cost me anything and everybody in sight was throwing gifts at me

Now it's just all unmet expectations and a painful reminder that I'm not a kid anymore

Eating turkey for three straight days is good though
Ben. is offline  
post #39 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
tell me!!!
The banned poster got all pressed at what I said and told me personally that he got banned for forum disruption, so I guess I was wrong. The reason, though, is irrelevant; what matters is the result.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #40 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

I never celebrate christmas but always look forward to it since it gives us a long break of holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
post #41 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,682
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
The banned poster got all pressed at what I said and told me personally that he got banned for forum disruption, so I guess I was wrong. The reason, though, is irrelevant; what matters is the result.
true enough. hope it's for more than a few days; would like some peace & quiet and break from his constant insults.

His previous ban is still on the list

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #42 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
true enough. hope it's for more than a few days; would like some peace & quiet and break from his constant insults.

His previous ban is still on the list
It's still only for a few days. The mods can just keep his name on the list perpetually since it looks like he's never gonna leave it.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #43 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

has never pissed me off but the last few years are when i have started to appreciate it for what its all about - being with the whole family and nothing else, see my old granny's happy face as she gets to run around the house fussing after everyone
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #44 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Kowchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 5,808
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Amen to Freakyman being gone.

Christmas only annoys me when I see the rich spoiled 13's-Early 20's get amazing presents and are ungrateful about it. Not all of us are getting a payed off mustang or a new ipad each Christmas.

The giving part of Christmas has become way more fun for me, now that I can actually afford decent gifts my family will enjoy, instead of corny homemade cards . Don't get me wrong homemade cards are great but families truly appreciate $ for what they want.

If you have an issue with a report/infraction, a user, a moderator or just want to talk, PM me.

I support Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Del Potro.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple


* Slams Do Not Exist!
Kowchi is offline  
post #45 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: Does Christmas Piss Anyone Else Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
The banned poster got all pressed at what I said and told me personally that he got banned for forum disruption, so I guess I was wrong. The reason, though, is irrelevant; what matters is the result.
you got him banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome