Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
 
safin-rules-no.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,645
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I really support Blacks as a community because they are one of the few community which give it back to the Whites in equal Measure as apposed to Asians.
What do you mean by 'give it back'?
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This is outrageous.

I can't let that pass. People in my country are not racist towards Arabs. It's a terrible insult. I had an opinion on you but you've lost all my respect with that quote.
errr, even if i were wrong here (which i seriously doubt), i don't see the reason to be so outraged. americans are much more self aware of racism than europeans (i'd include australians too, easily the more racist country of the western white world) and because of that are generally much less permissive about it sometimes to be point of being overly PC. in europe there is a lot of hypocritical racism where the vocal people won't claim to be racist but will continually hide the real motives of the policies they advocate. For this point, read my other posts in this thread.

As for Belgium in particular, i find it hard to believe that they're not racist towards arabs. I mean, you people, Flemish and Wallons, can't even stand each other so i suspect you don't have much acceptance towards outsiders.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

Surely a good sign. Dramatic rise in unemployment, wars everywhere (Lybia, Afghanistan, Syria) with drones and everything killing thousands of civilians, women, children and oldies; liberticid acts. But he's entitled to all this because he's Black.
Obama is responsible for the conflict in Syria? I love how you lump Libya and Syria together despite the fact that there hasn't been a similar Resolution 1973 with respect to the conflict in Syria. So are you blaming Obama for action or inaction?

In any event, I believe that the OP had a point in his initial post: the election of a black president arguably points, at least prima facie, to some elimination of racism within the population.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Sure. And next what? More gays, more women, more blue-eyed people, blonds? Politics is not a matter of communities whether based on colour skin, gender or sexual orientation. It's about assuming the reality of productive work.


Politics, at least in a democratic society, is about representing the people. How can everyone in the US feel represented when most of our politicians are rich, middle-aged white guys? You don't need to get down to each tiny little detail but we need more representation from women and minorities and non-Christians and LGBT members of society as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I can't let that pass. People in my country are not racist towards Arabs. It's a terrible insult.
Ah, the old "being called a racist is more offensive than racism itself" line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
In any event, I believe that the OP had a point in his initial post: the election of a black president arguably points, at least prima facie, to some elimination of racism within the population.
Sadly, this isn't true. Since he's been elected, racism in this country has gotten more vocal.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 7,266
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budddyholly
The US is clearly the most open and welcoming country in the world when it comes to immigration. The problem is the legal immigrants, who reduce the chances of people wishing to immigrate illegally.
What? Surely you mean it the other way round?

There an only be One Nadal
Quote:
Nadal, Roddick, Tsonga, Del Potro & Safin
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline  
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,778
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
What? Surely you mean it the other way round?
Thanks. Yes I did. But nobody else noticed, so I suspect a lot of posters agree with the way I wrote it.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered User
 
Echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 1,902
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
errr, even if i were wrong here (which i seriously doubt), i don't see the reason to be so outraged.
You are wrong and if you don't see that reason, put on your glasses, or read history and you'll see which period racism is associated with.

You did not even use the term 'xenophobia' (which does not apply to my people either), you and the OP used the term 'racism'. It's much more serious. You and the OP did not refer to a minority (neither even the elite, which is where I see that socialists dropped the class conflict) but to the people (or majority of). How arrogant and elitist can that be ??

Do you know the true definition of 'racism'? It's very precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
americans are much more self aware of racism than europeans (i'd include australians too, easily the more racist country of the western white world) and because of that are generally much less permissive about it sometimes to be point of being overly PC. in europe there is a lot of hypocritical racism where the vocal people won't claim to be racist but will continually hide the real motives of the policies they advocate. For this point, read my other posts in this thread.
Which policies? Which motives? If there's anybody in my country that advocate the supremacy of the Aryan race, you should introduce him to me, right.

Racism no longer exists, except for a handful of retarded punks, who don't matter at all, right? I don't believe Americans are awared racists because I do question the article posted by the OP.

It's very easy today to dismiss an opponent as racist. You call that Godwin's Law, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires
Obama is responsible for the conflict in Syria? I love how you lump Libya and Syria together despite the fact that there hasn't been a similar Resolution 1973 with respect to the conflict in Syria. So are you blaming Obama for action or inaction?
You've gotta follow the news, sometimes. Even CNN now knows that Obama brought logistic aid to the evildoing terrorists destabilizing Syria. And he surely would've loved to destroy the country like he's done in Lybia. Thank God, Putin was there to stop him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata.
Politics, at least in a democratic society, is about representing the people.
Repetition of my former post: representation based on professional categories and NOT colour skin, gender, sexual orientation or whatever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata.
Ah, the old "being called a racist is more offensive than racism itself" line
The "more...than's" do not matter. I even wonder where I used any "more...than's".

Again, if you think that racism is not a serious accusation against someone, than read history and you'll understand. And read the definition of it. You are really unconscious of what you're saying.

If you accuse somebody of racism, you'd better be right...
Echoes is offline  
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 223
                     
Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

And what exactly is odd about that? Racism is nothing but a survival technique. When times are tough you will get more racist feelings amongst the population. It is to be expected.

Richard Gasquet Rafael Nadal
My two faves

______________________________

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
lalit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome