Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 2 (!!) Billion views! - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: How do you feel about this song?
I love it! The song, dance and the video are all awesome 39 41.94%
I only like the lyrics 3 3.23%
It's okay, but I don't understand the fuss about it 23 24.73%
What the.. I don't even.. Huh? 12 12.90%
It's awful and I hate it! 10 10.75%
Other 6 6.45%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
But it is often I have terrible typing skills... Not because I can't write, but because I type too fast and rarely read a post before submitting it. The fact that I often post from my phone also helps.
Tell me about it...

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,975
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

On topic, I really wonder who that one person that voted for the "I only like the lyrics" option is.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #228 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
If this isn't a debate, then I don't know what is.

Terrible analogy.

Woah, you've just upped the stakes with that one.

There is evidence that Nole is NOT a "terrible player" after all that he has achieved. Saying that Nole is NOT terrible is a pretty objective assessment. Now not being terrible doesn't necessarily mean he is great and awesome... Some people don't think he is that great and I disagree, but it's their opinion.

Oh, you really do get stuck behind this 'it's their opinion' nonsense. Yes people can have their opinion but it doesn't mean it's always valid. Opinions can be wrong!

Now tell me about Glee. What evidence do you have that it is such a terrible show? Give me a thousand reasons,and I bet 90% of them are relative.

I've given you plenty already. The script is useless, gives the actors and actresses no help whatsoever and causes them to give dreadful performances. The sings are insulting, yes they are insulting. Insulting to the original versions.

Superficial? I have the same opinion. Silly? I agree too! Stupid? I probably agree too.And guess what, I still like it most of the times. I must be an alien with terrible taste.

So you've all but admitted its perpetually shit (superficial, silly & stupid), yet you still like it? That is not a pleasant reflection on yourself, young lady.

Having such a limited view on things is not good. Obviously I don't like Glee for the same reasons I like game of Thrones. And I still like both shows. Maybe one day you will come to the conclusions that it is possible to like opposite things for different reasons.

When I say proper television, I don't mean that it all has to be the same. They can be of different genres and styles. However, none if them are likely to be as lacking in quality as Glee.

Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges. When did I ever say one couldn't like things for different reasons? Never. I love different genres of novels and television fir different reasons, different styles of food for different reasons. Got the picture yet?

He sure is. He has a crowd target that admires him immensely, I fail to understand what is wrong about being a kid or a teenager...

There's nothing wrong with being a teenager. I am one myself. However there is a lot wrong with being an annoying, self-promotional, talentless swine.

Obviously you had come up with that argument. Let's all base our opinion on what critics say. Great idea!

I've got a better idea! Let's all base our opinion on what arm says! :clap:

And just so you know, that isn't necessarily right. Glee has 78% on metacritic, which is not abad score at all.

Woah, meta critic is really going to make me think differently.
This is so funny. I love bitchy George.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #229 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
On topic, I really wonder who that one person that voted for the "I only like the lyrics" option is.
Did you make this poll? Should've made it so that the identities of the voters can be known.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #230 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Good to find out that is your opinion on me, George. I not only like "shit" but I am also a diva. (Funny how all I have been trying to say is that to each their opinion and preferences.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Well then I'll have to read your posts more carefully.
Anyway, typos are tolerable, bad grammar on the other hand is not.
You and trips might really be vmeant to be! grammar police
arm is offline  
post #231 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Tell me about it...
It's the only reason you like me. Once I stop making typos I will no longer get goodreps from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
On topic, I really wonder who that one person that voted for the "I only likeS the lyrics" option is.
Someone Korean. Maybe my dear Hana (shurat)

I have to say that the first personto show me.this song was Hewitt =Legend back when nobody knew about it here in Portugal
arm is offline  
post #232 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Good to find out that is your opinion on me, George. I not only like "shit" but I am also a diva. (Funny how all I have been trying to say is that to each their opinion and preferences.)
Hey, let's cut off the heads of all the African children. I'm entitled to that opinion, though, aren't I? It's just as valid as yours?
The Prince is offline  
post #233 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,975
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Did you make this poll? Should've made it so that the identities of the voters can be known.
Yes. I know, one of my biggest mistakes ever. I guess now we'll never know.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #234 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Registered User
 
Hewitt =Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal (at heart)
Posts: 10,504
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

What the f*ck happened in here..?

Raquel you made a spelling mistake in the latest good rep. But I wouldn't have it any other way...

Life is an orange and you're just a little pip.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline  
post #235 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,975
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You and trips might really be vmeant to be! grammar police
From your lips to God's ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post

Someone Korean. Maybe my dear Hana (shurat)

I have to say that the first personto show me.this song was Hewitt =Legend back when nobody knew about it here in Portugal
That's a possibility. Or maybe someone jokingly voted for that option. Why, oh why didn't I make it public?

This comes as no surprise because I always knew Hewitt =Legend is a very cool guy.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #236 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Hey, let's cut off the heads of all the African children. I'm entitled to that opinion, though, aren't I? It's just as valid as yours?
Now you're just being ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
What the f*ck happened in here..?

Raquel you made a spelling mistake in the latest good rep. But I wouldn't have it any other way...
I probably should stop giving you green... I just mentioned you here, did you notice?
arm is offline  
post #237 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Why, oh why didn't I make it public?
Most likely you didn't foresee it becoming such a craze?
The Prince is offline  
post #238 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Good to find out that is your opinion on me, George. I not only like "shit" but I am also a diva. (Funny how all I have been trying to say is that to each their opinion and preferences.)
You like Suits, so you don't like "shit" (except when it's Glee).

Sorry just joking.

Quote:
You and trips might really be vmeant to be! grammar police
Guys who value good grammar =

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
It's the only reason you like me. Once I stop making typos I will no longer get goodreps from you
It's one of the MANY reasons I like you. Other reasons include your constant lecturing me on my shopping.

Quote:
I have to say that the first personto show me.this song was Hewitt =Legend back when nobody knew about it here in Portugal
Oh my god, me too. It was all over my Facebook but I couldn't be bothered finding out what it was, then one day Andrey posted it in AS and I was really bored at work and he said that I had to watch it, and I watched it...and the rest is history.

Andrey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Yes. I know, one of my biggest mistakes ever. I guess now we'll never know.
The sad thing is, I don't even remember what I voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
What the f*ck happened in here..?

Raquel you made a spelling mistake in the latest good rep. But I wouldn't have it any other way...
Can't wait to read your Mr MTF intro.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #239 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Gangnam style is the most viewed song on Youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Now you're just being ridiculous.
They were your words not mine. "Each to their own opinion."
The Prince is offline  
post #240 of 322 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,975
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Most likely you didn't foresee it becoming such a craze?
It was already a craze when I opened this thread though. I really don't know what's the reason behind my poor decision. Actually I'm more curious to find out who are those that voted that they hate the song.


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome