Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 276 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4126 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Too bad Montenegro didn't get their bronze in the water polo, very heated match up.

Love how the Serbian and Croatian sides aren't even looking at each other.

Lebron is a special case.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4127 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Dosen't mean these golds mean nothing
Read what I wrote carefully. Yes, they won gold but the Dream Team nonsense needs to stop.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #4128 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
To their credit, Spain did what they had to do to slow the game down and play it to their tempo, and played to their strengths.

As crucially, the refs helped them by calling fouls incessantly, slowing the game down as well.
The refs have been helping the USA all tournament long by not calling the gazillion travels the Americans commit.

Let's call it like it is, Spain are a fantastic team and played a great game, the US is the best basketball nation in the world and won a deserved gold medal.
Har-Tru is offline  
post #4129 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
 
out_here_grindin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cedar City,Utah
Posts: 11,999
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
yep, and Lebron was talking before Olympics how they are better than '92 team . Two Gasols and Ibaka were making troubles to USA, dying to see Chandler, Love and Melo defending Robinson, Ewing, Barkley and Malone. Croatian team which were better than this Spain got trashed +30
Kobe was saying that. Was more of a publicity thing to spark some debate.

Paradorn Srichaphan
Kei Nishikori, Donald Young, Somdev Devvarman, Dustin Brown, Steve Johnson, Yannick Maden
Robert Farah, Clement Reix, Alexander Dolgopolov, Nathan Thompson


Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline  
post #4130 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
 
Trollin Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,454
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Too bad Montenegro didn't get their bronze in the water polo, very heated match up.
Yeah, they were leading by 2 few minutes to finish, lost by 1 'Only' 4th like in Beijing.
Trollin Stone is offline  
post #4131 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Where was Croatia in these olympics? First time ever with no teams from the former Yugoslavia.
Har-Tru is offline  
post #4132 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
 
Tommy_Vercetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 33
Posts: 1,564
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

That's such garbage Har-Tru.

I just wish to God someone on Team USA has called out the Spanish team for it's lack of integrity in this Olympics. And their endless flopping.

Signature Censored
Tommy_Vercetti is offline  
post #4133 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
 
wfrw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 727
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
The refs have been helping the USA all tournament long by not calling the gazillion travels the Americans commit.

Let's call it like it is, Spain are a fantastic team and played a great game, the US is the best basketball nation in the world and won a deserved gold medal.
I'm not saying the calls favored Spain. Fouls and FTs were even, I just think the refs should let the teams play in the gold medal game, and if they had it would have helped the US And the US got called for a ton of travels this tournament. Part of the adjustment from NBA to International ball.

Spain certainly played well, take nothing away from them.
wfrw07 is offline  
post #4134 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
We all know there is only One Dream Team and it was in 92, nothing before or after.
I cant believe any one doubted that .The 92 team is the best basketball team ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
post #4135 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered User
 
Machiavelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 10,391
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Where was Croatia in these olympics? First time ever with no teams from the former Yugoslavia.
In Basketball? We did not qualify;

overall 6 medals;

3 golds (womens discuss, water-polo, shooting), 1 silver (rowing), 2 bronze (Handball, Taekwondo)


Our best Olympics so far, not bad for a population of 4.5 mil people;

Shame for the sailing disappontments (4th, 5th and 6th, all were faves) and the womens handball team..

Alla ricerca di un piccolo grande amore....
Machiavelli is offline  
post #4136 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

commentators saying the 92 team was the best when asked if this was the best team or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
post #4137 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollin Stone View Post
Yeah, they were leading by 2 few minutes to finish, lost by 1 'Only' 4th like in Beijing.
Can't complain overall the Olympics were positive. Montenegro, Brazil and Sweden losing today won't change. Sweden never expected to win but Brazil losing the volleyball that one is going to sting so much. Montenegro as well.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #4138 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Posts: 6,118
                     
Agnel is the king of these Olympics in my hearth.
Gagsquet is offline  
post #4139 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered User
 
out_here_grindin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cedar City,Utah
Posts: 11,999
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
In Basketball? We did not qualify;

overall 6 medals;

3 golds (womens discuss, water-polo, shooting), 1 silver (rowing), 2 bronze (Handball, Taekwondo)


Our best Olympics so far, not bad for a population of 4.5 mil people;

Shame for the sailing disappontments (4th, 5th and 6th, all were faves) and the womens handball team..
That is pretty good. It'd be like my state South Carolina(roughly 4.5 mil people) getting golds.

Paradorn Srichaphan
Kei Nishikori, Donald Young, Somdev Devvarman, Dustin Brown, Steve Johnson, Yannick Maden
Robert Farah, Clement Reix, Alexander Dolgopolov, Nathan Thompson


Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline  
post #4140 of 4382 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
That's such garbage Har-Tru.

I just wish to God someone on Team USA has called out the Spanish team for it's lack of integrity in this Olympics. And their endless flopping.
I honestly have never believed you are a real person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
I'm not saying the calls favored Spain. Fouls and FTs were even, I just think the refs should let the teams play in the gold medal game, and if they had it would have helped the US And the US got called for a ton of travels this tournament. Part of the adjustment from NBA to International ball.

Spain certainly played well, take nothing away from them.
I don't think the refs made any unfair calls. I'm in favour of calling violations of the rules, as many or as few as they are, period.

And the game was very high-paced. A 107-100 score in a 40 minutes game... that would be like 128-119 in a 48-minutes NBA game, which would be a very unusual score, especially in a decisive game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
In Basketball? We did not qualify;

overall 6 medals;

3 golds (womens discuss, water-polo, shooting), 1 silver (rowing), 2 bronze (Handball, Taekwondo)


Our best Olympics so far, not bad for a population of 4.5 mil people;

Shame for the sailing disappontments (4th, 5th and 6th, all were faves) and the womens handball team..
Excellent performance.
Har-Tru is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome