Hockey thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Do you support any specific team, or just certain players?
Penguins and then want Chara,Hossa,Gabrik to do well,you?

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,531
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Penguins and then want Chara,Hossa,Gabrik to do well,you?
Canucks, favorite players right now are Yakupov, Schroeder, Sedins, Crosby, Karlsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Benn, Luongo.

Slovakian players for you to watch for are Tatar of Detroit and Marincin of Edmonton.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 01-27-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Transcender is offline  
post #63 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Yeah keeping eye on him a lot too Crosby is my fave if I had to pick,amazing player

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #64 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 7,800
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Canucks, favorite players right now are Yakupov, Schroeder, Sedins, Crosby, Karlsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Benn, Luongo.

Slovakian players for you to watch for are Tatar of Detroit and Marincin of Edmonton.

That guy is truly something special. Karlsson is lightning fast, outskating him is almost impossible and can be very offensive too without needing someone to cover for him. Great on the PP. Amazing playmaker and puckcarrier. Can handle tons of ice-time. So valuable it's crazy...

On top of that 22 years old and was voted best defenseman at 21. What the hell? Sky is the limit for Karlsson
MaxPower is offline  
post #65 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,531
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
That guy is truly something special. Karlsson is lightning fast, outskating him is almost impossible and can be very offensive too without needing someone to cover for him. Great on the PP. Amazing playmaker and puckcarrier. Can handle tons of ice-time. So valuable it's crazy...

On top of that 22 years old and was voted best defenseman at 21. What the hell? Sky is the limit for Karlsson
Yeah, giving Lidstrom a serious run for his money, maybe still not as good as Nik on defense though.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #66 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 7,800
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yeah, giving Lidstrom a serious run for his money, maybe still not as good as Nik on defense though.

Yeah absolutely not as good as Nik on D. That guy had such good position and amazing with his stick. Karlsson still got a lot to learn.


Speaking of that I think Detroit could see some problems this year. Nik is retired, not that many new additions and some of the core players getting older. But everytime I've doubted them they still made the playoffs.


I'm mostly rooting for Detroit but ofc support some swedes too so got a good eye to Vancouver, Ottawa, NYR

Think we're in for a crazy season. The match schedule is very intense for most teams
MaxPower is offline  
post #67 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,531
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Yeah absolutely not as good as Nik on D. That guy had such good position and amazing with his stick. Karlsson still got a lot to learn.


Speaking of that I think Detroit could see some problems this year. Nik is retired, not that many new additions and some of the core players getting older. But everytime I've doubted them they still made the playoffs.


I'm mostly rooting for Detroit but ofc support some swedes too so got a good eye to Vancouver, Ottawa, NYR

Think we're in for a crazy season. The match schedule is very intense for most teams
Hagelin fan?

Yeah, Detroit does look pretty weak on the back end so far, have had trouble getting the puck to the forwards, I think they will be in the fight for 8th.

Yeah, I like a shorter season myself, like the Swedish league and the KHL, the NHL games are more intense because of it, it would be better for the league if the season was shorter.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #68 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Hockey thread

I miss wayne and mario...ALOT. Those were the days.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #69 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 AM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 7,453
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Well that's how it is with hockey, cause the game hasn't developed to a high level in most places, it's going to be the same countries fighting it out for awhile longer, so you outta be interested in it.

NHL's back, is anyone watching?
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant that hockey will become much more interesting once other countries start to get better teams.

Don't follow NHL but my team Jokerit is leading the Finnish league at the moment . Though we lost a few players to NHL, among them this guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
That guy is truly something special. Karlsson is lightning fast, outskating him is almost impossible and can be very offensive too without needing someone to cover for him. Great on the PP. Amazing playmaker and puckcarrier. Can handle tons of ice-time. So valuable it's crazy...

On top of that 22 years old and was voted best defenseman at 21. What the hell? Sky is the limit for Karlsson
Karlsson . He was amazing for us in the Fall.

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #70 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,531
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Don't forget King Henrik in the goal. He had an amazing season in 2012. Shame they failed in the playoffs.
Doesn't bother me at all, I'm a nucks fan, so you might understand.

Who do you think will have a better NHL career, Hedman, Larsson or Karlsson?

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #71 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 7,800
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Hagelin fan?

Yeah, Detroit does look pretty weak on the back end so far, have had trouble getting the puck to the forwards, I think they will be in the fight for 8th.

Yeah, I like a shorter season myself, like the Swedish league and the KHL, the NHL games are more intense because of it, it would be better for the league if the season was shorter.
Don't forget King Henrik in the goal. He had an amazing season in 2012. Shame they failed in the playoffs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I miss wayne and mario...ALOT. Those were the days.
I miss Peter Forsberg.

imo the complete hockey player. Too bad all the injuries got the best of him. I really liked Lindros too. But same with him :/ Both Forsberg and Lindros could have had such great careers but they played in an era that was more brutal.

Forsberg took like 6-7 concussions, had to remove his spleen and pretty much had injuries over his entire body until finally it was the foot problems that ended his career. Lindros had to stop because of the concussions I think.


Shame really. The skilled power forwards are the best kind of hockeyplayers. Those who can light it up on the scoreboard but also run someone over if they have too.

Ovechkin had something going on his first seasons but now I don't know about him anymore. Seems too much of a one-trick-pony. If he had some more playmaking ability he'd be a lot harder to defend against but he's RW and not C so I guess it can be forgiven
MaxPower is offline  
post #72 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 7,800
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Doesn't bother me at all, I'm a nucks fan, so you might understand.

Who do you think will have a better NHL career, Hedman, Larsson or Karlsson?


Karlsson for sure. Hedman was pimped as the next big thing and drafted very high but not so sure. At the same time defensemen take longer to develop.

Nik Lidstrom himself pretty much had his best years from 34->

Larsson is Ekman-Larsson right? yeah he's developed very fast. Looks more promising than Hedman atm.

But Karlsson is just on another level
MaxPower is offline  
post #73 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,531
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Karlsson for sure. Hedman was pimped as the next big thing and drafted very high but not so sure. At the same time defensemen take longer to develop.

Nik Lidstrom himself pretty much had his best years from 34->

Larsson is Ekman-Larsson right? yeah he's developed very fast. Looks more promising than Hedman atm.

But Karlsson is just on another level
I know most D men take longer.

I was talking about Adam Larsson of New Jersey, E-L is very good too.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #74 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Half my kingdom for anyone who can give a good answer as to how gretzky could remain behind the net unmolested, time and time again...

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #75 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,573
                     
Re: Hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Yeah absolutely not as good as Nik on D. That guy had such good position and amazing with his stick. Karlsson still got a lot to learn.


Speaking of that I think Detroit could see some problems this year. Nik is retired, not that many new additions and some of the core players getting older. But everytime I've doubted them they still made the playoffs.


I'm mostly rooting for Detroit
but ofc support some swedes too so got a good eye to Vancouver, Ottawa, NYR

Think we're in for a crazy season. The match schedule is very intense for most teams
Smoke944 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome