I see that the Shinoj - Tripwires romance hasn't died off yet. Still some funky mtf foreplay going on.
Good to see. Strippy needs all the man juice she can get.
Shinoj thinks I'm a lesbian so this "romance" is pretty much DOA.
Haven't asked spotlight questions for ages
1) If you could go on a one week vacation with Leng Jai or Roger - who would you go with?
Sorry, I don't want to answer this.
2) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Singapore (http://www.spca.org.sg/
) and some brain cancer research foundation. I'm generally quite a bleeding heart, but nothing - NOTHING - upsets me more than animal cruelty; I literally cannot even listen to a story about it, let alone watch videos/see photos of such things.
Brain cancer because brain cancer sucks.
3) Imagine you wouldn't have been a tennis fan already. Do you think you would get interested in tennis these days?
Since Roger is so good-looking, yes.
I became a tennis fan after I was a Federer fan anyway. Objectively, I would probably be bored by the AO and FO finals if I wasn't already a tennis fan.
4) How similar is your online personality to your in-person persona? For instance, on the boards, are you more shy/reserved, or more open/expressive, or maybe even meaner/more abrupt?
Probably more open online; I don't like to talk much, especially not to strangers and I hate making small talk. Also probably nicer online; I'm sure it helps that people can't see the bitch face that I have on by default.
5) When did you start watching tennis?
2008 when I randomly chanced upon Roger's Wimbledon SF with Marat Safin. I honestly started following him because I thought he was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen in my life.
6) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
Favourite match - USO 2008 final because that tournament was the first I ever watched. Opponent - David Nalbandian. If I were in a facetious mood I would say Andy Roddick.
7) Best childhood memory?
Running around Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall in Taipei.
8) Best and worst characteristic trait?
My honesty, both best and worst.
9) What’s your philosophy of life?
Life is a debacle.
10) Which vices do you have?
Caffeine. I can't do without coffee. Other than that I'm bloody straight-edged as hell.
11) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
Roger didn't have a coach when I started following him but I got the sense that Lundgren was pretty good for him when I read his biography (yeah the one by Rene Stauffer).
12) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Absolutely no idea but hopefully far away from Singapore.
13) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?
My boyfriend says I have OCD. Let's see...
- I have to wash my hands before I eat or I'd feel very uncomfortable
- When I adjust the volume of anything - car stereo, TV, laptop volume - it has to be a number that ends in 2, 5, 8, or 0 (e.g. 15, 18, 20)
- When I get dressed I have to put on my bottom first
- When I go shopping and see something crooked on a display shelf, e.g. a shoe that sticks out of a row of shoes, I have to adjust and straighten it
- I wipe my mouth with two hands and always from left to right
- When I see a grammatical/punctuation/spelling error, I feel a very strong urge to correct it
- I automatically correct other people's language errors in my head
- It drives me quite nuts when I see the word "would" in place of "will"
- It also drives me absolutely nuts when I see things like "I will revert to you by next week" in formal correspondence
- When I watch Roger's matches I have to watch them from the very first point; I used to watch them from the start of the warm-up
- I cannot watch a movie sequel without having seen its predecessor
- I cannot start watching a television show from the second episode; it has to be the first
- Sometimes I find myself arranging my dollar bills in my wallet so that they all face the same way
14) What is one thing you want to do in your lifetime?
Publish a novel to considerable literary
acclaim. I don't care about being popular.
15) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?
That it was the best thing ever omg.
Obviously I was wrong.
16) How would your friends describe you?
Loyal, smart, arrogant, pessimistic.
17) What do you value most in a person?
Integrity, followed closely by intelligence.
18) What is your favorite quote?
I don't have a favourite.
19) What was your favourite subject in school?
Literature by a mile. I hated Mathematics.
20) If you could spend one day with a celebrity who would it be and what would you be doing?
Embarrass myself on the tennis court with Roger at the other side of the net.
21) Which movie have you seen most often?
Probably a Joaquin Phoenix one. There was one that I watched 7 times...I think it was Quills. I can't remember.
22) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?
I was 12.
23) Have you ever had surgery?
24) What's your biggest regret?
This is a very loaded question. I don't think I have committed it yet and I hope that I won't.
25) Which 10 places of your country are a must-see when someone is visiting ...
I'd actually tell them not to bother coming, and if they insist I couldn't think of 10 anyway.
26) What's your favorite smell?
Freshly brewed coffee.
27) What's a word that you say a lot?
It's something in local slang.
28) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?
29) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
This is mega embarrassing but...it was something Backstreet Boys related. This was in 1997.
30) What is your current desktop picture?
At work - Roger at the 2011 FO
At home - Roger at the 2011 WTF
31) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
I need more time to think about this.
32) Out of your five senses, which one would you say is your best?
Probably sense of taste. I'm sensitive to foods with a strong taste, especially one that I dislike. For instance, there was once when my mom put some lemon seasoning in one of her dishes. I ate it and tasted celery immediately (I hate the taste of celery). When I checked the ingredients of the seasoning it confirmed that there was indeed celery in the seasoning.
33) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?
I think I'm someone who pretty much marches to the beat of her own drum.
34) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
leng jai (private), Nathaliia (private also), Li Ching Yuen (whether he's really like this
in real life and what's with the Chinese username), Thanos (when he's sending me his pic), and I'll leave the last one open.
35) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel? (Apart from
Something similar actually - my cow.
36) How long can you go without being on the internet?
A few hours?
37) If you had the opportunity to travel the world to watch tennis with 10 MTFers, who would you pick?
I don't think I could even list 10. There are only one or two that I would actually want to do this with.
38) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?
I used to hate Nadal but I don't anymore, because my hate for him was really childish and tardish. Now I just dislike him.
Djokovic used to be one of my top favourites but not anymore; I tend to root for the underdog (Roger being the exception) and he doesn't exactly fit that description these days. Also, I used to like Wozniacki but absolutely loathe her now because her game sucks and it just wasn't right as a matter of principle that she was #1 for 2 years with her shitty game.
39) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?
Clothes that I want but don't need.
40) What is your favourite sound?
The sound of a tennis ball being struck.
Sorry, I didn't made it to 148
Thank you for not making it to 148.