Any other writers out there? - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
dunlopkickserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 242
                     
Post Any other writers out there?

Anyone else write just for the hell of it? I find it to be one of the hardest and most fulfilling things to do. Currently, I'm wrapped up in Flash Fiction and Prose. If anyone cares to critique some of my stuff for me, check out g6v608.tumblr.com
dunlopkickserve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 40,978
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Hey man.

I'm a writer as well, and some of MTF's finest could vouch for me and my....ahem...work

I will check out your tumblr site, but I also encourage you to read a book called "The Writer's Journey" or "Aristotle's Poetics", both books aided me greatly as a writer, and still are. I thought I knew it all until I read those books.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
dunlopkickserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 242
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Hey man.

I'm a writer as well, and some of MTF's finest could vouch for me and my....ahem...work

I will check out your tumblr site, but I also encourage you to read a book called "The Writer's Journey" or "Aristotle's Poetics", both books aided me greatly as a writer, and still are. I thought I knew it all until I read those books.
Thanks, I will definitely check those out. I'm an accounting major and I had a few free electives last semester so I decided to give it a shot. Somehow I ended up falling in love with the idea of being able to say whatever I want. It's so much more fun the doing Debits and Credits all day every day.
dunlopkickserve is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Registered User
 
Tulipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ostrava, The Czech Republic
Posts: 4,740
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Here! I'm into novel writing, I used to write poetry when I was younger, but stopped a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered User
 
Li Ching Yuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down Low.
Posts: 5,250
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

I write lyrics. I've amassed a few thousand pages since I've started when I was 16.

It is indeed a beautiful hobby.
Li Ching Yuen is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
dunlopkickserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 242
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
Here! I'm into novel writing, I used to write poetry when I was younger, but stopped a few years ago.
Ever have any of your stuff published? I've been working on an idea for a short novel but I can't seem to make any progress because I keep getting marred down in the editing phase. I'm never happy and can't seem to move on until I'm completely satisfied.
dunlopkickserve is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered User
 
Tulipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ostrava, The Czech Republic
Posts: 4,740
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
Ever have any of your stuff published? I've been working on an idea for a short novel but I can't seem to make any progress because I keep getting marred down in the editing phase. I'm never happy and can't seem to move on until I'm completely satisfied.
I've never found the courage to submit my work to a publisher. I'm working on that now

It's true that the editing phase is the worst. Sometimes it can make you hate your own work. But truth is you have to do many drafts to polish the thing, and one advice I received from a publisher is that if you want to submit your work, you have to be absolutely sure that it's done and you don't want to change anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Racquet smash enthusiast
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 20
Posts: 48,370
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

i write, but badly
i've been told my humorous works are good, but i don't like writing those



Matosevic, Hanescu, Lorenzi, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Rosol, Zeballos, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem, Seppi
emotion is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
dunlopkickserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 242
                     
Re: Any other writers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
I've never found the courage to submit my work to a publisher. I'm working on that now

It's true that the editing phase is the worst. Sometimes it can make you hate your own work. But truth is you have to do many drafts to polish the thing, and one advice I received from a publisher is that if you want to submit your work, you have to be absolutely sure that it's done and you don't want to change anything about it.
I feel like I'm never really finished. I'll look at something I thought I was happy with a year ago and want to tweak a few things.
dunlopkickserve is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome