My eating habits. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Does Filo V. have an eating disorder?
Yes 15 65.22%
No 4 17.39%
I'm not a doctor, why ask me? 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: My eating habits.

My breakfast: hot chocolate or herbal tea, bread or a kind of corn bread called arepa, scrambled eggs with vegetables (3 times a week give or take), chorizo (cooked not fried), fruit.

Mid morning Snack: juice and crackers.

Lunch: whatever is on the menu, I really like all kinds of meat with maybe a carb and lots of vegetables, maybe a crepe if it strikes my fancy.

Midafternoon snack: depends on whether I'm still hungry or not, maybe a protein bar if I want to.

Supper: it's a family meal so both Mikel and I cook for us and the kids, make things from scratch, usually some kind of meat with a nice salad (I make a kickass mango vinaigrette that my kids love), a glass of wine for us, juice for them and if we're feeling like it, we make a dessert, tonight it was lemon pie.

I prefer cooked, steamed or grilled food to fried, like to eat vegetables and fruits every day but I don't really cut back on anything, the fried thing is more about me not liking the flavor than an actual calorie count.

My fave dish is this:



It is called Sukalki and is a traditional Basque dish, consists in a stew of meat, potatoes and vegetables, I was brought up in that stuff

I also love paella and all kinds of seafood as well, tapas are awesome.

Again, I'm very active physically speaking and my metabolism is fast so I can pretty much eat what I want with no problem.

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,350
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Hello experts...

I need a good breakfast suggestion which is low in iron and has all the other traits of a good breakfast.
finishingmove is offline  
post #48 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:45 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Cauliflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Hello experts...

I need a good breakfast suggestion which is low in iron and has all the other traits of a good breakfast.
Egg whites are low in iron, I've heard. Maybe maybe some fried egg whites with some apple slices or half a grapefruit.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #49 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Hello experts...

I need a good breakfast suggestion which is low in iron and has all the other traits of a good breakfast.
Well I definitely can't be considered an expert at all But I read that dairy is low in iron, also orange juice, and some fresh fruits like apples and blueberries. I'm not that creative so I'm not exactly sure what I'd make to eat from these options but yeah...........I hope I've helped

You're right, Arsen, in that we're approaching summer...........time for everyone to start toning up and get prepared to show off their beach bodies! When I start seeing guys with their shirts off that's when I know cold days and winter is finally over

Last edited by Filo V.; 03-03-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Filo V. is offline  
post #50 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Again, I'm very active physically speaking and my metabolism is fast so I can pretty much eat what I want with no problem.
You're very lucky, Nat, a lot of people would envy your ability to eat as they please without worrying about weight, but being active certainly helps a ton as well. I didn't freak out as I said I would reading you generally eating routine, but I definitely couldn't do the meat and carbs thing as often as you do
Filo V. is offline  
post #51 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
You're very lucky, Nat, a lot of people would envy your ability to eat as they please without worrying about weight, but being active certainly helps a ton as well. I didn't freak out as I said I would reading you generally eating routine, but I definitely couldn't do the meat and carbs thing as often as you do
I mean I guess you probably thought I was the queen of the quadruple bypass burger

Honestly, that's the way I was brought up, in Spain you eat lots of light things as snacks and have boiled/stewed/cooking dishes with vegetables and olive oil all over the place.

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #52 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,738
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Have you thought about just writing a blog? Or do you have one already that we can log in to.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #53 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I mean I guess you probably thought I was the queen of the quadruple bypass burger
Nah..........I didn't have you pegged for that I just wasn't sure, but I expected a lot of meat, because that's what I think is popular in Spain, or at least from what I've seen. A lot of meat. Reading it from behind a computer, it sounds delicious, like regular food. But actually being in the presence of that much meat would be a different story
Filo V. is offline  
post #54 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Have you thought about just writing a blog? Or do you have one already that we can log in to.
Well, I have been asked regularly about starting a blog or putting my thoughts to paper and publishing my stories, but I don't want to handle the upkeep it would take to do that, plus I don't have the energy to do so. Also, I don't really want the pressure that would come with that. I like my anonymity and the freedom to say what I please when I please without having to be on a schedule.
Filo V. is offline  
post #55 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,738
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Well, I have been asked regularly about starting a blog or putting my thoughts to paper and publishing my stories, but I don't want to handle the upkeep it would take to do that, plus I don't have the energy to do so. Also, I don't really want the pressure that would come with that. I like my anonymity and the freedom to say what I please when I please without having to be on a schedule.
A blog would allow you do exactly what you already do on MTF without pressure, need for increased energy or scheduling.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #56 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Well, the difference is, having a blog requires upkeep. You have fans to consider. And you're speaking to a larger, more public audience. Whereas here, I can just login whenever I want, without thinking of any of these things. Fewer strings attached.

I want to keep this thread OT, so I will be starting a personal chat thread again, where I can discuss all things like this there.
Filo V. is offline  
post #57 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,903
                     
Re: My eating habits.

just one note about fat and looks, Filo.
I used to work with a lady who ate "no-fat" and "low-fat" everything and was obsessed with cutting fat, because her doctor said she had high cholesterol.* Her skin always looked dry and dull to me, and her hair was dead like straw. Good that you're eating fish, as there are healthy fatty oils there. So make sure you're getting some fat and that it's the healthy kind.
http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/...re-skinny-fats
I'm sure you want nice skin and hair

*she didn't have high cholesterol because she ate badly before; others in her family had it, too. There is a genetic disorder where the body just can't process cholesterol properly.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #58 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
just one note about fat and looks, Filo.
I used to work with a lady who ate "no-fat" and "low-fat" everything and was obsessed with cutting fat, because her doctor said she had high cholesterol.* Her skin always looked dry and dull to me, and her hair was dead like straw. Good that you're eating fish, as there are healthy fatty oils there. So make sure you're getting some fat and that it's the healthy kind.
http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/...re-skinny-fats
I'm sure you want nice skin and hair

*she didn't have high cholesterol because she ate badly before; others in her family had it, too. There is a genetic disorder where the body just can't process cholesterol properly.
Funny that you brought up fat...............I just discussed that a few days ago with my folks, and I was like, I hate fat and anything that has fat in it, I don't want to eat it. Anything with fat, sodium or high-sugar content I run away from. I actually have great skin, very smooth.........my face, I always lotion it every morning when I wake up and every night before sleep, my hands too. My hair definitely feels more stringy than it used to be, though. My hair traditionally curled and got tight when long but it's easier for me now to comb through my hair or put my hands through it.

Maybe I'll take a fish oil pill every morning. I think that would be a good way to add some healthy fat into my diet. Thanks for telling me that story, I'm sorry for your co-worker. Is she doing better now?
Filo V. is offline  
post #59 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Today I had two small-ish sized bowls of oatmeal and spicy peas+broccoli and a salad with some tomato. I've changed my routine a little bit in that I've finished eating around 6:00 PM the last few nights. So now I can have 5 bottles of water per day.

Tomorrow I'm having strawberries for sure (either during the morning or afternoon, not quite sure yet but I'm thinking afternoon), and fish for dinner, with probably a salad with it.
Filo V. is offline  
post #60 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Nah..........I didn't have you pegged for that I just wasn't sure, but I expected a lot of meat, because that's what I think is popular in Spain, or at least from what I've seen. A lot of meat. Reading it from behind a computer, it sounds delicious, like regular food. But actually being in the presence of that much meat would be a different story
I eat meat and ham but I also mix it with fish and seafood which is very common in Spain to do

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome