South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
 
_maxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 253
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Unfortunately it's crumbling economies that cause these irrational conflicts. President Kirchner is probably losing support and this is the easiest way to score political points.

Notice how Argentina brings this issue up every time there's a recession.
1) The president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner is having right now her best public image ever. More than 68% of aprobation. And the number is arising every month.
2) We don't have a recession. Our economy gets better and better every year. What kind of newspapers do you read? the daily lie? we have social disparities which are a different thing, and some measures have been taken about it, such as giving money to the population if they send their children to school, but the capitalists are enjoying big times here in this country.
3) Argentina is ALWAYS asking for negotiation about this issue. All the years we ask for negotiation. Some years we ask for it several times.


Keep the lies away.

Last edited by _maxi; 02-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
_maxi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

the Argies better behave or we brits will go back and kick their asses again

Last edited by Corey Feldman; 02-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered User
 
ballbasher101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 4,894
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Oil glorious oil. Oil you sexy thing. Oil you make the world go round LOL.
ballbasher101 is offline  
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
1) The president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner is having right now her best public image ever. More than 68% of aprobation. And the number is arising every month.
2) We don't have a recession. Our economy gets better and better every year. What kind of newspapers do you read? the daily lie? we have social disparities which are a different thing, and some measures have been taken about it, such as giving money to the population if they send their children to school, but the capitalists are enjoying big times here in this country.
3) Argentina is ALWAYS asking for negotiation about this issue. All the years we ask for negotiation. Some years we ask for it several times.
1) Probably because of the Falklands ban. What was it before the issue came up?
2) I was talking about the UK's recession. Argentina figures every time UK has an economic downturn they can take advantage. Unfortunately they came up against the iron lady in 1982. This time it might work.
3) If that's true, what are Argentina's terms? Are they offering economic freedom, self-determination or just money?
Jimnik is offline  
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User
 
Roadmap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,236
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Britain doesn't rule the Falklands. They are self governing. Argentina wants the kind of control over the islands that we DON'T HAVE, against the wishes of virtually every man, woman, dog and child who live there. An infantile attitude, no doubt. This is simplistic, but let Argentinians settle. Perhaps they don't want to. Falklanders are not foreign in their own lands.
Roadmap is offline  
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 12,934
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
1) Probably because of the Falklands ban. What was it before the issue came up?
you do know that the president is continuing the work of her deceased husband, right?

it's obvious that the kirchers have been quite popular in argentina or else cristina wouldn't have won the presidential election.


Quote:
2) I was talking about the UK's recession.
such BS

this is what you said earlier :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Unfortunately it's crumbling economies that cause these irrational conflicts. President Kirchner is probably losing support and this is the easiest way to score political points.

Notice how Argentina brings this issue up every time there's a recession.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

OK, I might have been wrong on President Kirchner's popularity. I said "probably" not "for sure" because I never claimed to know the exact figures.

But the facts are Argentina brings this up every time there's a bad recession in the UK.

I really don't give a shit about this issue so I'm not going to bother fully educating myself on all the details.
Jimnik is offline  
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 12,934
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
OK, I might have been wrong on President Kirchner's popularity. I said "probably" not "for sure" because I never claimed to know the exact figures.

But the facts are Argentina brings this up every time there's a bad recession in the UK.

I really don't give a shit about this issue so I'm not going to bother fully educating myself on all the details.
fair enough

i actually dont know that much about it either. however, there has always been bad blood over the falklands. i actually think that the main reason some argies dont like chile very much is that chile supported and collaborated with the brits during the conflict...

it just something that doesnt go away. then again, i think the brits have scalated the conflict by bringing that war ship to the area and many threatening comments. no need for that yet, imo.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 7,266
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
fair enough

i actually dont know that much about it either. however, there has always been bad blood over the falklands. i actually think that the main reason some argies dont like chile very much is that chile supported and collaborated with the brits during the conflict...

it just something that doesnt go away. then again, i think the brits have scalated the conflict by bringing that war ship to the area and many threatening comments. no need for that yet, imo.
You'll notice it all kicked of with Argies chatting shit. No discussion is ever gonna happen and of course Argentina will be schooled when it comes to war. Again.


i thought the sore loser thing was just limited to sports...

There an only be One Nadal
Quote:
Nadal, Roddick, Tsonga, Del Potro & Safin
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline  
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered User
 
_maxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 253
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
You'll notice it all kicked of with Argies chatting shit. No discussion is ever gonna happen and of course Argentina will be schooled when it comes to war. Again.


i thought the sore loser thing was just limited to sports...
I give you 24 hours to quote me exactly what was the "chatting shit" from Argentina. Otherwise you are just lying.
_maxi is offline  
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
 
_maxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 253
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
1) Probably because of the Falklands ban. What was it before the issue came up?
2) I was talking about the UK's recession. Argentina figures every time UK has an economic downturn they can take advantage. Unfortunately they came up against the iron lady in 1982. This time it might work.
3) If that's true, what are Argentina's terms? Are they offering economic freedom, self-determination or just money?
1) Hell, no. Her image is getting better since two years ago I think. He won an election few months ago with the higher % ever here.
2) I won't judge Tatcher. The people from the UK should. And I repeat, Argentina brings this issue every year several times so you are wrong.
3) Honestly I don't know. But a negotiation should start to see how to make both Argentina and the Kelpers happy, that's what I think. UK can't do whatever they want with the lands and the resources that are few miles away from our country. So we need to talk about it that's what I think. But no one is planning a war for this issue. At least not Argentina. That why I'm asking for the "chatting shit" because there wasn't any chatting shit from Argentina. All we did was to ask for negotiation as we always do. And to respect the UN resolution that every year tells the UK to negotiate with Argentina and the UK never listen to.

Peace.
_maxi is offline  
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,557
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
1) UK can't do whatever they want with the lands and the resources that are few miles away from our country. So we need to talk about it that's what I think.
Uruguay and Chile are zero miles away from your country, but I doubt that they get approval from Argentina before doing what they want with their lands and resources.
Distance is not a valid argument.
And I think the Kelpers, as you call them, have already made clear what will keep them happy. Neither Britain nor the Falkland Islanders has any obligation to keep Argentina happy.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:12 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,081
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
1) Hell, no. Her image is getting better since two years ago I think. He won an election few months ago with the higher % ever here.
2) I won't judge Tatcher. The people from the UK should. And I repeat, Argentina brings this issue every year several times so you are wrong.
3) Honestly I don't know. But a negotiation should start to see how to make both Argentina and the Kelpers happy, that's what I think. UK can't do whatever they want with the lands and the resources that are few miles away from our country. So we need to talk about it that's what I think. But no one is planning a war for this issue. At least not Argentina. That why I'm asking for the "chatting shit" because there wasn't any chatting shit from Argentina. All we did was to ask for negotiation as we always do. And to respect the UN resolution that every year tells the UK to negotiate with Argentina and the UK never listen to.

Peace.
We in the north hate her more than you do probably.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered User
 
GugaF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,155
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

As a Brazilian this "issue" is mind boggling to even have an argument over something. I have some Argentinian friends and I can only understand this in speaking with them, they grow up in Argentina with the Malvinas/Falkland being a question of pride, something that is unjust. But from a neutral standpoint it seems just so incredibly small to argue, much less fight over it. A cold, small, Alaska like little island. I wouldn't want it even for free.

South Americas is one of the only and fastest growing region in the World. Nearly all the countries are growing economically, Brazil is growing, Argentina is growing, come on, UK has its own issues to solve economically nowadays, Who gives a f*ck about this little island.
GugaF1 is offline  
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 7,266
                     
Re: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
As a Brazilian this "issue" is mind boggling to even have an argument over something. I have some Argentinian friends and I can only understand this in speaking with them, they grow up in Argentina with the Malvinas/Falkland being a question of pride, something that is unjust. But from a neutral standpoint it seems just so incredibly small to argue, much less fight over it. A cold, small, Alaska like little island. I wouldn't want it even for free.

South Americas is one of the only and fastest growing region in the World. Nearly all the countries are growing economically, Brazil is growing, Argentina is growing, come on, UK has its own issues to solve economically nowadays, Who gives a f*ck about this little island.
It's about the Principle.

Here's the Foreign Office's statement:
"The people of the Falkland Islands are British out of choice. They are free to determine their own future and there will be no negotiations with Argentina over sovereignty unless the islanders wish it."


There will be no talking with Argentina. The military ships are there to make sure if things escalate, the British citizens and interests are protected. Argentina is being a war-monger in this case.

There an only be One Nadal
Quote:
Nadal, Roddick, Tsonga, Del Potro & Safin
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome