Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

I blame political correctness. I weep for my country.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,557
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
if that's how the British civil courts treat them might as well leave them to Islamic judges, at least they would be lashed 80 times each according to Sharia law for drinking
The kicking of a woman in the head would probably not warrant any charges according to Sharia law, just the drinking?

Until I looked at the video I assumed the attackers were men. Surprise!

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 12-10-2011 at 10:07 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,557
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
"A girl gang of Somali Muslims who repeatedly kicked a woman in the head during a drunken attack were spared jail after a judge heard that their religion meant they were not used to drinking."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ked-woman.html

What kind of world are we living in? Beyond stupid.
This atheist says the title of your thread should be ''Another reason why Britain is a joke."

Seems the judge said, "Oh, it wasn't a hate crime, that's all right then. Carry on."

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered User
 
vucina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dairich!!
Posts: 760
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

And how far has Britain gone down the shitter when an English woman is beaten in her own country by hostile invaders just for being English and white. Unbelievable but not surprising. Britain has done injustice to other nations that had the courage to defend their countries, and this is the divine punishment. What goes around, comes around.
vucina is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
"A girl gang of Somali Muslims who repeatedly kicked a woman in the head during a drunken attack were spared jail after a judge heard that their religion meant they were not used to drinking."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ked-woman.html

What kind of world are we living in? Beyond stupid.
Religion was always a joke, especially Islam and their horrific violence towards "infidels", which is making its way into Western world. And with so many soft cock politicians, I wouldn't be surprised if free and democratic countries will adopt Sharia law in the future. If these immigrants want to worship some non-existent deity and some joke prophet, they should stay in their own countries and not try to impose their backward ways upon normal people.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Here's another rant: there is a great saying: "When in Rome, do as Romans do".

It's a saying that I always respected. When I lived in Japan and visited Japanese associates, I was expected to take my shoes off when entering their home. I was expected to bring gifts, so I did. I tried my best to master keigo and tried my best to lose the image of the ignorant gaijin who disrespected the local customs, citing ignorance.

I am absolutely disgusted at the people arriving to Australia on good faith and then trying to force their customs and beliefs upon the local population. We shouldn't be forced to tolerate it. We shouldn't be forced to accomodate these violent, backward religions, who are only promoting violence in peaceful, countries like Australia. If you come to us, be ready to follow our laws, our customs, or we don't want you. The levels of political correctness the West has reached is ridiculous. I feel like we are losing our cultural identity. And why? We never invited boatloads of refugees into our country. Yet once we accept them, they bitch about their rights being oppressed. What's next? Sharia law for the West? This is getting ridiculous.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
The kicking of a woman in the head would probably not warrant any charges according to Sharia law, just the drinking?
I said that in jest
habibko is offline  
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS
 
Mae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Dark Side
Posts: 35,462
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Here's another rant: there is a great saying: "When in Rome, do as Romans do".

It's a saying that I always respected. When I lived in Japan and visited Japanese associates, I was expected to take my shoes off when entering their home. I was expected to bring gifts, so I did. I tried my best to master keigo and tried my best to lose the image of the ignorant gaijin who disrespected the local customs, citing ignorance.

I am absolutely disgusted at the people arriving to Australia on good faith and then trying to force their customs and beliefs upon the local population. We shouldn't be forced to tolerate it. We shouldn't be forced to accomodate these violent, backward religions, who are only promoting violence in peaceful, countries like Australia. If you come to us, be ready to follow our laws, our customs, or we don't want you. The levels of political correctness the West has reached is ridiculous. I feel like we are losing our cultural identity. And why? We never invited boatloads of refugees into our country. Yet once we accept them, they bitch about their rights being oppressed. What's next? Sharia law for the West? This is getting ridiculous.
Wow I didn't know all this was happening in Australia. In the U.S. we are getting mad that when we call a company we are told to press 1 if we want to continue in English! And then those of us that are getting mad are called intolerant And our government won't make English the National Language to put a stop to all of this now. If I had the money to visit let alone live in another country; I would follow their ways instead of expecting them to follow mine, but that is not the way the world works any more

“I have a, shall we say, morbid personality.”
― Novala Takemoto, Missin' (Novel)
Mae is offline  
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

There is actually no such thing as Islamic law, but of course the Western media which wants only a convenient term to characterise one very extreme interpretation of the Koran doesn't understand this - or more likely, doesn't really give a shit.

Way to go, also, to make this stupid ruling about religion when it's really the judge who made a joke of a ruling.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Here's another rant: there is a great saying: "When in Rome, do as Romans do".

It's a saying that I always respected. When I lived in Japan and visited Japanese associates, I was expected to take my shoes off when entering their home. I was expected to bring gifts, so I did. I tried my best to master keigo and tried my best to lose the image of the ignorant gaijin who disrespected the local customs, citing ignorance.

I am absolutely disgusted at the people arriving to Australia on good faith and then trying to force their customs and beliefs upon the local population. We shouldn't be forced to tolerate it. We shouldn't be forced to accomodate these violent, backward religions, who are only promoting violence in peaceful, countries like Australia. If you come to us, be ready to follow our laws, our customs, or we don't want you. The levels of political correctness the West has reached is ridiculous. I feel like we are losing our cultural identity. And why? We never invited boatloads of refugees into our country. Yet once we accept them, they bitch about their rights being oppressed. What's next? Sharia law for the West? This is getting ridiculous.
I respect the first half of your post. The second half is just a bunch of generalising bullshit. I might be more inclined to be sympathetic to your cultural identity being eroded by these backwards and violent immigrants if you actually gave concrete examples.

The last time I visited Australia, those of the same race as me spoke with an Australian accent. Forgive me if I fail to see what you're complaining about.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
There is actually no such thing as Islamic law


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia
habibko is offline  
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
This was what I meant:

Quote:
Muslims believe sharia is God's law, but they differ as to what exactly it entails.
According to Western media, Islamic law = Taliban's interpretation. That is simply not true. There is no one Islamic law, but many different interpretations. In this sense, the term Islamic law is actually quite meaningless.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
This was what I meant:



According to Western media, Islamic law = Taliban's interpretation. That is simply not true. There is no one Islamic law, but many different interpretations. In this sense, the term Islamic law is actually quite meaningless.
big difference between saying "no such thing as Islamic law" and "no one Islamic law"

no Muslim can deny direct laws such as flogging for adultery or drinking alcohol, amputation for theft etc, some argue about how much proof is needed for its implementation, but once enough proof is presented no Muslim can say "there is no punishment for adultery, drinking or theft according to Islam"
habibko is offline  
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
big difference between saying "no such thing as Islamic law" and "no one Islamic law"

no Muslim can deny direct laws such as flogging for adultery or drinking alcohol, amputation for theft etc, some argue about how much proof is needed for its implementation, but once enough proof is presented no Muslim can say "there is no punishment for adultery, drinking or theft according to Islam"
Okay, I should have phrased my original post better. My problem, though, with the way the phrase "Islamic law" is used in the media is that it implies a fixed interpretation of the rules that applies to Muslims which is a very narrow view of the Islamic legal tradition. I wish they'd say Islamic law instead of Shari'a law too, because the latter phrase is quite inaccurate. But I realise this is just a question of semantics.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mallorca (Spain)
Posts: 2,075
                     
Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
The kicking of a woman in the head would probably not warrant any charges according to Sharia law, just the drinking?
That is simply not true.
peribsen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome