Any Nigerians? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
@Sweet Cleopatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in your nightmares
Posts: 5,492
                     
Any Nigerians?

What is the origin of boko haram problem? Why are they so violent?
Please I want to understand.

...... .........♥..♥... .. ...........♥..♥.. ♥
...........♥......... ...♥. ..♥...♥................♥
..........♥.......... ..... ... ♥......
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
...............
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 AM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
What is the origin of boko haram problem? Why are they so violent?
Please I want to understand.
Anti-western Islamic fundamentalism. Why is Al Queda so violent? Same answer applies to boko haram.

Oh, and their leader rejects Darwinism.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 12,839
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Anti-western Islamic fundamentalism. Why is Al Queda so violent? Same answer applies to boko haram.


nothing to do with the fact that the western powers have been meddling, stealing and killing people in their nations for decades of course...

your simplicity in argumentation clearly shows once again your obnoxious right wing anti-Islamic ideology

abraxas21 is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 31
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post


nothing to do with the fact that the western powers have been meddling, stealing and killing people in their nations for decades of course...

your simplicity in argumentation clearly shows once again your obnoxious right wing anti-Islamic ideology
You're under an illusion that history cares about losers. The fact that western powers dominated is of no consequence.

Ultimately, supporting Islam or Christianity is stupid in modern era. It's like arguing whose imaginary friend is better. An analogy: I say 2+2 equals 4 and you say 3+3 equals 6. We are both 'right' but neither of us are willing to compromise. If it were up to me, all religion would be banned.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post


nothing to do with the fact that the western powers have been meddling, stealing and killing people in their nations for decades of course...

your simplicity in argumentation clearly shows once again your obnoxious right wing anti-Islamic ideology
I said Islamic fundamentalism, the kind that leads to deranged fanatics declaring jihad on all and sundry for not kneeling before their agenda of spreading sharia law around the world. And you don't have to be right wing to detest that abomination. It is a simple argument.

If you think that is obnoxious, it must be because your own ideology is pro-terrorism, pro-Islamic fundamentalism. Unfortunately, in your hate for all things western, you end up approving terrorism and defending the atrocities of boko haram, who, incidentally, unleash their hate on innocent fellow Nigerians, not on the big bad west. Is that a force for good?

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 11-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 40,977
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Didn't take long for this one to get heated.

Poor Sweet Cleo, she just wanted to understand

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Didn't take long for this one to get heated.

Poor Sweet Cleo, she just wanted to understand
I didn't expect any Nigerians to reply and for my own interest did a web search.
They would like to kill everyone who does not pay total devotion to their interpretation of the Koran. In essence, they would kill an infidel like abraxas if given the chance.
Even though they share the same view with abraxas - that western culture is what's wrong with the world.

But any suggestion that their agenda of death is understandable because of Nigeria's colonial past is absurd, because, as I said above, for now they are quite happy just killing fellow Nigerian muslims. Some blow against western education that is!

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 27
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Poor Sweet Cleo, she just wanted to understand

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Registered User
 
zeleni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,190
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?



This documentary film may help. Disclaimer: politically incorrect content.

Gioco Giocovich
zeleni is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
@Sweet Cleopatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in your nightmares
Posts: 5,492
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

I don't think anyone in the forum agrees to violence or extremism. I don't want the simple answer of fundamentalisms are evils. It's a known fact and we are not going to turn the discussion into bashing a whole group of people because a percentage of them are evil.

I want to understand the background of this particular problem, who are the people who join boko haram, what is the situation in Nigeria now, what do they expect, and what is the solution, etc
I want Nigerians to reply to me cause they are the closest to the situation, they may know someone in boko haram for example, they also know the historical background of north and south problems, poverty in north, oil, etc

I think the real problem is using religion in any political situation, because religions which are hundred years old can be interpreted differently. Unfortunately there is a current version or understanding of Islam that is so violent, it started to widespread in many communities from 70s as it is financially helped by radicals in Saudi Arabia or other countries. There are many schools that teach violent and hateful ideas. It was also complicated after using of jihadists in Afghanistan to fight communism, using of fundamentalism in middle east to fight Arabism, etc.

The Muslim communities have a responsibility now and they should fight radicalism in schools and other areas, a peaceful version of Islam should be financially helped. Princes or businessmen who help spread extremism should be in prison really.

At the same time, hot political problems should be solved by other means than using religion. Someone or groups going violent shouldn't stop us from studying the underlying social and political problems in that area. I read that relations between north/south, Christians/Muslims in Nigeria is bad from a very long time. I also read that particular areas in the north roll in poverty. The government in Nigeria should start a healing campaign that is based in unity, they should ask help from UN to reconstruct poor areas in the north. If they think north and south can never live with each-others they should just split.

...... .........♥..♥... .. ...........♥..♥.. ♥
...........♥......... ...♥. ..♥...♥................♥
..........♥.......... ..... ... ♥......
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
...............
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 12:03 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I don't think anyone in the forum agrees to violence or extremism. I don't want the simple answer of fundamentalisms are evils.
But that is the simple answer. Looking for more politically correct answers in underlying social problems is not the answer. The Christians have the same social problems as the Muslims, but in this case at least, I don't see any reports of Christian bands murdering Muslims because ''Islamic education is evil.''

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
@Sweet Cleopatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in your nightmares
Posts: 5,492
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

I don't like to generalize and it's impossible that a whole group of people share same ideas.

I am just asking about the current situation in Nigeria from Nigerian people.

...... .........♥..♥... .. ...........♥..♥.. ♥
...........♥......... ...♥. ..♥...♥................♥
..........♥.......... ..... ... ♥......
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
...............
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,109
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

There probably are no Nigerians on MTF.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Registered User
 
shiaben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,039
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Anti-western Islamic fundamentalism. Why is Al Queda so violent? Same answer applies to boko haram.

Oh, and their leader rejects Darwinism.
I'm not a big fan of any kind of fundamentalism, be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, or anything else but you should consider your comments carefully.

What I want to add is that Al Qaida's fundamentalism was not strictly Islamic in origin, it's true creator was this man: Zbigniew Brzezinski. He created these nuts in the first place. They didn't come out of the air.
shiaben is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 03:58 AM
Registered User
 
shiaben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,039
                     
Re: Any Nigerians?

To answer the mod. I don't know too much about this group so I will refrain from answering in depth. I don't know if they are a synthetic group like Al Qaida and the Taliban which were created by the West, or if many of these African Islamist ideologies are strictly of their own. I'm going to assume the latter for now since Africa is historically notorious for diverse groups fighting for power before colonialism, during, and even after, it's a perennial thing sadly to say.
shiaben is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome