Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works? - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 367
                     
Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

It just tells me everyone "has a reputation beyond repute", so I don't really get the significance of it?

...and 'credits'...no idea?

EddceLLent is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,883
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

You gain credits when you post. You can use your credits in the gambling section as play money and gain more of them. You can also give them away as a gift.

You can give good or bad reputation to a certain post by clicking the v/x button next to the exclamation mark below the user information to the left of the post in question. If you think someone has said something good, you click on that button and give them a goodrep. You can also add a comment. The goodrep will show as a green dot on the other guy's User CP. You can also give someone a badrep if you dislike the post. But of course no one likes receiving badreps so dishing them out really only results in a circle of animosity and hostility. If someone has more badreps than goodreps on their user CP, their reputation bar turns red. In most cases it's green though, which is called a "reputation beyond repute".

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 367
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
You gain credits when you post. You can use your credits in the gambling section as play money and gain more of them. You can also give them away as a gift.

You can give good or bad reputation to a certain post by clicking the v/x button next to the exclamation mark below the user information to the left of the post in question. If you think someone has said something good, you click on that button and give them a goodrep. You can also add a comment. The goodrep will show as a green dot on the other guy's User CP. You can also give someone a badrep if you dislike the post. But of course no one likes receiving badreps so dishing them out really only results in a circle of animosity and hostility. If someone has more badreps than goodreps on their user CP, their reputation bar turns red. In most cases it's green though, which is called a "reputation beyond repute".
Thanks for explaining. Don't think i've seen anyone with a red reputation bar! On forums like these that surprises me greatly haha.
EddceLLent is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,883
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddceLLent View Post
Thanks for explaining. Don't think i've seen anyone with a red reputation bar! On forums like these that surprises me greatly haha.
Well, even the most moronic poster has people who think he is funny. Either that or they just enjoy watching that poster hate on certain players/fangroups. So they keep his reputation bar green.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

... as for the 'credits':
Every time you post, you get 5 credits. When you start a thread and people reply to your thread you get them as well (don't know how much though, never payed attention).

You might think, well, what's the fun in that?
With those credits, you can start virtual betting (i.e., with virtual cash, = credits) over here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php?, betting on which player will win a match, set scores, or whatever - and make even more credits, or lose 'em all, if you suck at the bets, .
Might not mean anything, just for fun, but I've personally experienced that at times, a completely meaningless match between two players which you don't care about at all, but on which match you've put on a lot of vCash (= credits) suddenly becomes very interesting...

It's fun.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 367
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
... as for the 'credits':
Every time you post, you get 5 credits. When you start a thread and people reply to your thread you get them as well (don't know how much though, never payed attention).

You might think, well, what's the fun in that?
With those credits, you can start virtual betting (i.e., with virtual cash, = credits) over here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php?, betting on which player will win a match, set scores, or whatever - and make even more credits, or lose 'em all, if you suck at the bets, .
Might not mean anything, just for fun, but I've personally experienced that at times, a completely meaningless match between two players which you don't care about at all, but on which match you've put on a lot of vCash (= credits) suddenly becomes very interesting...

It's fun.
I'm sure that before long i'll be a gambling addict haha . Thanks for the explanation though.
EddceLLent is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddceLLent View Post
I'm sure that before long i'll be a gambling addict haha . Thanks for the explanation though.
The good thing about vBetting is that it's just for fun. So no bankruptancy, heart attacks, homelessness or anything else *bad* at stake, just the mockery of your fellow vBetters.

Oh and as you're new here... have fun, just enjoy the silliness that goes on over here.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,130
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

I call them 'links', after LinkMage.
finishingmove is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

No one has told you about the only real use of credits?

You can use them to buy votes for you or your fave posters in all forum contests (ACC, Popcon, Mr and Ms MTF, etc) the season for which is about to start.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered User
 
Getta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,983
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

you better know the right MTFers, who know the right MTFers so you can find the right MTFers to bribe cause not all MTFers are susceptible to nepotism and other quasi-corrupt practices.
Getta is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

credits can also be used to cast spells on hated players before important GS matches.

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 367
                     
Re: Can someone explain to me what 'credits' are and how the reputation thing works?

Revelatory stuff
EddceLLent is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome