World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped acid" - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,785
                     
World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped acid"

http://politics.salon.com/2011/10/08...icy/singleton/

I found this very interesting article not only on Steve Jobs, but also on international drug policy in general. A good read.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches

Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Last edited by Johnny Groove; 10-12-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Johnny Groove is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

Jobs seemed to rate ppl in terms of their drug use, I wonder if this is relevant to your women rating thread...
JolánGagó is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,785
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

Try again, Jolan.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches

Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,501
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

It seems that everyone who knows has to keep silent out of respect for the moment, but soon we will apparently be hearing a lot about what a nasty person he was on a social level. Something I have yet to hear whispered about Gates.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 7,480
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It seems that everyone who knows has to keep silent out of respect for the moment, but soon we will apparently be hearing a lot about what a nasty person he was on a social level. Something I have yet to hear whispered about Gates.
I don't really think it's a secret that Jobs was one of the biggest jerks in Silicon Valley, I've even read some texts about it in the past few days.

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered User
 
pray-for-palestine-and-israel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk, north
Age: 34
Posts: 3,728
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

like everyone else

he was no saint but he wasn't the devil either

just another guy who had charisma by the bucketload

God is Love. To know Love is to know God. So ask yourself if you hold any hate for another in your heart how can you have room for Love, room for God
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:57 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I don't really think it's a secret that Jobs was one of the biggest jerks in Silicon Valley, I've even read some texts about it in the past few days.
Indeed, this is hardly a secret. But it is also hardly relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 7,480
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Indeed, this is hardly a secret. But it is also hardly relevant.
Yeah sure it's not relevant . Just wanted to report to buddyholly since he talked about "something coming up" when it indeed has already come up many times . Not saying it has anything to with his drug use though!

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: World Drug Policy: Steve Jobs- "Bill Gates would be a broader guy if he dropped a

It's public knowledge he refused for decades to acknowledge a daughter after unsuccessfully trying to get her aborted.
JolánGagó is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome