Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo massacre - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #451 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 12,934
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
"He has killed 77 people, most of them youth, who were shot without mercy, face to face. The cruelty is unparalleled in Norwegian history," Judge Arne Lyng said. "This means that the defendant even after serving 21 years in prison would be a very dangerous man."
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/B...#ixzz24UYbDsFF

funny how that judge already has his mind set that the man should be kept in jail after his sentence. shouldn't that have to be decided after completing the sentence?

abraxas21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 12,934
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
You are using your own definition of "sane". The Norwegians certainly do not consider him to be "normal", but he might have gotten another kind of punishment if he had been labeled "criminally insane". This is better.
i don't care about the punishment myself. i care more about the image it gives to other nutcases like him.

fact this, this trial went exactly as brevik wanted it to be. he got his chance to speak up and then be declared sane, as he wanted as well. if he had been declared insane, his cause would be more widely perceived a crazy. right now there's a slim chance that far right groups will make a hero out of him in the future, as he wanted as well.

take this guy for example:


"It was obviously wrong what he did, but there was logic to all of it," said Stephen Lennon, the 29-year-old leader of the English Defense League, an anti-Muslim group. "By saying that he was sane, it gives a certain credibility to what he had been saying. And that is, that Islam is a threat to Europe and to the world."

abraxas21 is offline  
post #453 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

[youtube]yamVsQyUnWU[/youtube]
Jimnik is offline  
post #454 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
[Trollspindoc]21 years? That's just a slap on the wrist. This guy deserves to be hanged.[/Trollspindoc]
Hanged? No, that's far too kind. In middle ages, skilled torturers could make their victim last for weeks, I think their skills would be appreciated in this particular case - of course in liberal, Euro prison the guy will probably die from overeating
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #455 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/B...#ixzz24UYbDsFF

funny how that judge already has his mind set that the man should be kept in jail after his sentence. shouldn't that have to be decided after completing the sentence?
You are just whining for the sake of whining. If he was declared insane then there was no responsibility for the crimes which were clearly planned out over an extended period of time. The victims of the families are happy he was declared sane.

Pretty obvious that this guy is going to be a menace to society without any chances of reformation. Since there is no death penalty nor should be, then he isn't getting out.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #456 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 7,805
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

It's gonna be interesting to see what we do in Sweden with the so called "Laser man" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ausonius who was sentenced to life but has already served 18 years now. Also a serial killer with some ideological issues but is according to himself a very changed man now. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to keep him in for life anyway.

In 2010 he attempted to get his life sentece changed to a fixed term sentence but was rejected. He will no doubt try that again every chance he gets.

In Norways case one could wonder why they don't have an actual "life-sentence"

In Sweden life sentence "usually" means 12-20 years in prison but for very severe criminals we got the option to hold them. Until death.


In Breiviks case he will no doubt serve the full 21 years but after that what will they do? invent some stuff so they can add more years to the sentence? That's a bit backwards. Time for Norway to learn from their neighboor again.
MaxPower is offline  
post #457 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

What I don't understand is why he's not serving a life sentence for each of his victims. 77 people x 21 years (10 years minimum) should mean he never gets released.
Jimnik is offline  
post #458 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
It's gonna be interesting to see what we do in Sweden with the so called "Laser man" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ausonius who was sentenced to life but has already served 18 years now. Also a serial killer with some ideological issues but is according to himself a very changed man now. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to keep him in for life anyway.

In 2010 he attempted to get his life sentece changed to a fixed term sentence but was rejected. He will no doubt try that again every chance he gets.

In Norways case one could wonder why they don't have an actual "life-sentence"

In Sweden life sentence "usually" means 12-20 years in prison but for very severe criminals we got the option to hold them. Until death.


In Breiviks case he will no doubt serve the full 21 years but after that what will they do? invent some stuff so they can add more years to the sentence? That's a bit backwards. Time for Norway to learn from their neighboor again.
Learn from Sweden, yes come over to Norway to work and pay lower Swedish taxes, that's the way Norway has to learn. Yes, can also send people back to countries where they can be tortured. Though Norway did learn the state sterilisation of the invalid, Romany, orphans and the poor in the 30s to the early 70s.

Invent stuff, what part of he is a danger and a menace to society do you not understand? How is something so simple to understand yet so difficult.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
What I don't understand is why he's not serving a life sentence for each of his victims. 77 people x 21 years (10 years minimum) should mean he never gets released.
Reading comprehension I didn't think was a weakness of yours.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Action Jackson is offline  
post #459 of 459 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,543
                     
Re: Anders Behring Breivik declared sane, sentenced to 21 years in jail for Oslo mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post



Reading comprehension I didn't think was a weakness of yours.
Jimnik was referring to the difference between consecutive and concurrent sentences. What part of that did you not understand?

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome