1) How did you discover MTF and what was the reason that you decided to join?
I can't really remember. I don't have any real time friends who are active over here. I just came across it I guess and I thought it was interesting to see other people discuss one of the 2 sports I really love.
Haven't really been active in the chat threads in the past, maybe more in the GM area but I'm planning to get to know some more fabulous persons over here.
2) When did you start watching tennis?
I became a fan of Federer after his (RG match?) against Haas. I think he was 18 at the time. I started watching tennis when Federer was still number 3 in the world, Hewitt #1 and Ferrero #2 I guess.
But really intensively following all tournaments since 2005.
3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
The best considered quality wise from both sides. I guess the Rafael Nadal - Fernando Verdasco SF at the Australian Open 2009.
Best quality wise from 1 side, Roger Federer - Andy Roddick in the 2007 SF at the Australian Open.
4) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
The match against Soderling in the Final of RG 2009. Simply because it meant so much to him and to me too. He was so nervous in his last service game and when he achieved his lifetime goal as a sportman I can't deny I got a little emotional. Not crying but felt something in my throath you know.
I like it when he plays Roddick because Roddick brings in the best of Roger.
Same way I hate it when he plays Rafa because Roger never plays a full match decently against Rafa but all credit to him for bringing the worst in Roger.
5) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
Paul Annacone is doing a great job at the moment. I definately wanna see Tim Henman coach somebody in the future. His serve&volley game was really electric although his mental abilities were not that great as well as his play from the back of the court.
But Roger already has those 2 abilities so maybe it would be nice if Henman could learn him to use his S&V some more often which Annacone already trying to do right now.
6) Who are your favourite top 5 active and who are your top 5 retired players?
Active players =
1. Roger Federer
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Fernando Verdasco
4. Juan Martin del Potro
5. Andy Roddick
Retired players =
1. Gustavo 'Guga' Kuerten
2. Andre Agassi
3. Marat Safin
4. Gaston Gaudio
5. Mario Ancic
7) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
* Clay Death - I don't want to know what he looks like, because CD is already an epic member here and this keeps his whole mystery thing intact. But I would like to know what he wants to achieve in his life since he's such a stronghearted warrior.
* Eden - Doris, since you're such a sweetheart. You always have been nice to me and everybody. I want to know if you're happy with your life and if you search for some improvements in 2011? If yes, I hope they will come reality cause if anybody deserves it, it's you.
* Nole Fan - I want to ask Nina for a kiss. First on the cheek of course, cause I'm a gentleman and she's a total babe
* Planet Funk - Dani, how does it feel to be MTF's most wanted, most outspoken youngster in the world. You're a nice dude though. Keep being how you are, you shake up things though.
* Stupid Dream/BonnieTheCat (if that's still her nickname) - Karen where the f*ck are you?!
8) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?
Yes, I used to really hate Rafa because he spanked Roger all the time and almost kept him from his career Slam. But I started to think about it and Rafa deserves all but praise. Roger finally won his CGS and Rafa has done it too.
All but respect for the Majorcan Minotaur
9) List the 3 qualities you like most and the least about yourself.
Not to sound cocky or conceited but I'm happy the way I look. I never have to complain about interest and attention from women so that's 1 thing.
I'm honest I guess and very loyal to the people I like/love.
So 2 good things about me, now the least thing about myself.
I'm pretty impulsive as in I said I'll do something, I do it for 2 weeks and then quit. Not that I'm a quitter but I get another idea and I will chase that, you know what I mean?
10) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?
Hmmm that's a hard one. I can't go without my car, phone, medical insurance or going out. I think I would give up my motor cycle.
11) Which are your favourite tournaments?
GS: Roland Garros
Masters 1000: Montreal/Canada
ATP 500: Rotterdam
ATP 250: Doha (the 1st one of the year, with the top players
12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which ones would it be?
Masters Rome Final 2006: Epic match where Roger held M.P's. One of the few masters he failed to win to this point but that day was his best chance to do so.
Wimbledon Final 2008: If Roger could have snatched that maybe he already had 20 slams right now and 7 consecutive Wimbledon's but we'll never know.
US Open Final 2010: I like the fact that Rafa also has won the CGS but I picked this one because I wanted Rafa to win it a little later in his career and also the fact that Nole deserves a second grand slam since it has already been 3 years since his last GS win.
13) What do you value most in a person?
In friends: Honesty, humor and loyalty.
In a girlfriend (relationship): Honesty, humor, loyalty, looks (she has to be a little bit cute), well educated (not blonde bimbo dumb like Paris Hilton) and spontanious.
14) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
Haha I think I got my first PC in 1996. The was not windows and all I could do were some really terribly graphiced games in MS Dos.
I started using internet in 1997 or 1998 I guess when Windows first came out and all I did back then was downloading music at a really low speed ( 30 minutes to download a song of 3MB :lol ) @ Napster.
15) How would your friends describe you?
Funny, a little bit crazy, Honest, trustworthy and kind.
16) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
* Nikola Tesla - Boosted our lifestyle in a huge manner. Very underated inventor
* Michael Jackson - Just a boy trapped in a man's body. Very kind person and I respect him in a big way. Forget Martin Luther King and stuff this guy together with Nelson Mandela made it possible for all the coloured people to get recognizion and possibilites in this world.
* My dad - Just one more dinner for me with him would be great. I miss him a lot for the past 6 years
17) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?
My phone, currently a Blackberry. Can't go without it.
18) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?
Be kind to everybody and have respect for the people. I never ignore people I don't know doesn't matter if they are ugly, gorgeous, thick, thin, short, tall. I try to be as kind to everybody as possible.
19) What is your New Years Resolution?
To finish my study, I'm in my last year and begin with my Masters.
I'm not fat, I don't smoke, I go to the gym, I'm not an alcoholic so I don't need any improvements in that area.
20) When are you going to open a new tournament thread for Roger?
Haha the last 2 times weren't a success right?
But I did contribute to the epic 2009 RG thread and the Australian Open was also a success so I don't know.
You tell me ! Maybe the Australian Open 2011 is a new fresh start and he will rise to new heights.