The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

for Final Fantasy fans:

[youtube]pNzFE8rNPQU[/youtube]

[youtube]iUB18Y8Ik0M[/youtube]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition unboxing

[youtube]uPt7zghT4Ac[/youtube]
Bilbo is offline  
post #108 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Habib

And how much will that be Bilbo?
Certinfy is offline  
post #109 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Habib
habib trying to improve final fantasies lacking popularity. will be hard with games like world of warcraft and starcraft 2 around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
And how much will that be Bilbo?
60 pounds in england

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

normal box 35 pounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
Bilbo is offline  
post #110 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Haha yeah, well FF died after how bad 13 was IMO, unless Versus 13 makes up for it, R.I.P FF.

Oh, doubt I'll get it then, I'll rather put £25 and get another game or something I guess.
Certinfy is offline  
post #111 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Oh, doubt I'll get it then, I'll rather put £25 and get another game or something I guess.
why buying a game which is finished after 20 hours? i would rather invest in a game like starcraft 2 and have fun for a few years.
Bilbo is offline  
post #112 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Fair enough, but I'll buy a game like Call of Duty or something, the online in that never gets old and lasts a few years, not 20 hours.
Certinfy is offline  
post #113 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
habib trying to improve final fantasies lacking popularity. will be hard with games like world of warcraft and starcraft 2 around.
I've never been a fan of MMORPGs, the only online game I played for a while was Maplestory, I think FF and games like it will always have their loyal fans, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Haha yeah, well FF died after how bad 13 was IMO, unless Versus 13 makes up for it, R.I.P FF.
..... I'm afraid that's true, FF has been gradually losing its spirit since FFX with the lame FFX-2 sequel and an online game (really?), and then the sad excuse of an FF title that is FFXII, and then the spectacular movie released on PS3 and called FFXIII, although the fighting system was fun and solid but most of what made FF the legend it is has been lost, it turned into a massive monster hunt title to please the Japanese otakus who seem to live for monster hunting for some reason, where are the fun side quests and character in-depth side stories, all the quirkiness and funny jokes and deep interactions between characters and character-driven stories, I'm afraid FF will never be the same.

so you are right Jase, RIP FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline  
post #114 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
I've never been a fan of MMORPGs, the only online game I played for a while was Maplestory, I think FF and games like it will always have their loyal fans, but....
FF is dead since many years which is not surprising imo. Making one part after another can only end like this. 4 or 5 parts is ok but over 10? Look what happened to command&conquer or other games which have more than 3 parts (i.e. Age Of Empires, Civ, Settlers etc.). Also the rendering scenes in FF are no more something special. Many games already have better ones (i.e. Starcraft 2).
Bilbo is offline  
post #115 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
FF is dead since many years which is not surprising imo. Making one part after another can only end like this. 4 or 5 parts is ok but over 10? Look what happened to command&conquer or other games which have more than 3 parts (i.e. Age Of Empires, Civ, Settlers etc.). Also the rendering scenes in FF are no more something special. Many games already have better ones (i.e. Starcraft 2).
the games hardly had anything in common between them, each game brought a new vision with only similar themes (chocobos, summons, moogles etc), each time the story, characters and fighting system were vastly different, all 10 installments were major successes, in fact even titles hated by some hardcore fans like FF12 and FF13 were highly successful, FF12 sold over 5.2 million copies as of 2007 and was the fourth best-selling PlayStation 2 game of 2006 worldwide, FF13 sold more than 5.55 million copies worldwide and became the fastest selling title in the franchise's history, to put the numbers in perspective this means those two titles has sold as many copies as the whole God of War series, going by numbers alone the series is growing not dying.

so no it's not about having over 10 parts, it's about the direction the series is heading to, it's alienating their older fans and turning into a more mainstream series, in other words Square-Enix is whoring out FF rather than maintaining what made it so popular in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline  
post #116 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

[youtube]-gB-NQyvpgA[/youtube]

[youtube]scXe4dBOBu8[/youtube]

[youtube]fnVqXSPgZ7Y[/youtube]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline  
post #117 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Screenshots taken from GT5, and yes these are actual in game screenshots taken via the Photomode.















Last edited by Certinfy; 07-25-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Certinfy is offline  
post #118 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Registered User
 
superslam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out of this world
Posts: 6,488
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STARCRAFT 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
the games hardly had anything in common between them, each game brought a new vision with only similar themes (chocobos, summons, moogles etc), each time the story, characters and fighting system were vastly different, all 10 installments were major successes, in fact even titles hated by some hardcore fans like FF12 and FF13 were highly successful, FF12 sold over 5.2 million copies as of 2007 and was the fourth best-selling PlayStation 2 game of 2006 worldwide, FF13 sold more than 5.55 million copies worldwide and became the fastest selling title in the franchise's history, to put the numbers in perspective this means those two titles has sold as many copies as the whole God of War series, going by numbers alone the series is growing not dying.

so no it's not about having over 10 parts, it's about the direction the series is heading to, it's alienating their older fans and turning into a more mainstream series, in other words Square-Enix is whoring out FF rather than maintaining what made it so popular in the first place.
Don't listen...Jase and Igor care mostly about graphics and what is hip/new

For me a good game is about gameplay or an exciting story...people who care about full motions so much better go see a 3d movie instead.

justin bieber is not the best in history.
funk was better than rap.
techno not better than classic rock.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline  
post #119 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Registered User
 
straitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 8,877
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE PC GAME OF THE CENTURY!

The GT5 pics look fantastic...too bad I'm stuck with 4
straitup is offline  
post #120 of 823 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 335
                     
Re: The Gaming Thread - OMG ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE PC GAME OF THE CENTURY!

Wow, GT5 kicks ass!
MariusD is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome