I guess yeah.
Ah the good old summon necro. I've dueled with them before, but they lag like a bitch. Despite that, they're not too bad IMO. Probably difficult with a sorc though, unless you're a cold sorc and perhaps cast blizz on where you stand and a dumbass summon necro might be stupid enough to tele right into the sorc. I think trapsins, hammerdins, and WW barbs like you mentioned, can finish the job with relative ease. However I don't believe I've faced one that's "pretty much immune to most kind of damage". If that's the case, maybe only a WW barb can handle it.
That's a pretty fair point yeah, I forgot about that. Auto-aim blizz cast is cheap. Yep like you said...to sum up, if you're lagging and the blizz sorc isn't, then you're screwed essentially (unless, you got max cold resist and decent cold absorb). What I do to beat cold sorcs is a decent charger/smiter. I just hold my mouse onto that cold sorcs health bar with the charge skill and eventually I'll floor it. Same thing with pu55y runner bowzons at any level, and your using a WW barb. Hold your mouse onto the name of the bowzon you're targetting with WW, and eventually you'll nail it -- and serves them right for running away and auto-aim guided arrow.
Regarding the three top tier bad mannered duelers:
1. Bone necro - I find that bone spear is way better than bone spirit. Sure b-spirit does more dmg and auto-guides to the target, but b-spear's trajectory travels way faster. Just need good anticipation like certain Koreans
. But yeah with bone prison, I guess it's useless when your high lvl dueling since everyone has enigma. I'm not sure...can you life leech from bone prison other than casting life tap on it (eg. exile on smiterdins)? Well on LLD's (lvl 30), b-prison is very useful (unless some asshole has a tele charged staff on their weap switch or something
2. Barb - Yep you summed that all up in a word, "tank". Absorbs everything. To top it off, if you wear maxed, eth leviathan kraken against melee duelers, I bet they can't even take 1 hp from the barb
. Lol if you pot up with juvies (that's incredibly tight, but good way to troll I guess), I agree you are pretty close to immortality.
3. Ele druid - Exactly. In that case with WW barbs, you gotta hope for two things - 1. You have gear that's got high fast hit recovery (fhr), 2. It's not one of those tank ww barbs. Other than that, you're screwed unless you have massive lady luck against them (eg. he lags, take advantage of it).
4. Hammerdin - Their hammers are deadly (I think the max with conc aura, can go at least 30k+? Correct me if I'm wrong), but like you said, there's a dead spot which is really up-close and personal with the pally. So yep, tele on top of them and the deal is sealed. Yeah...but in general, a hammerdin without decent fhr, is essentially fucked if hit hard with physical damage (ranged or melee).
Trapsin is probably one of my favourite chars to duel, not only for the reason that they're excellent town guarders (especially in hell mode, and if mercs got conviction
), but I find them fairly simple to control. Get your shadow warrior/master ready somewhere, bo, cast speed burst/fade. Then after that, all you need in your fingertips is: lightning sentry, mind blast, and tele. If you can time all those skills right, you can pwn badly with it. Course, with the exception of absorbers
Speaking of town guarding, what else is excellent is have a summon druid with maxed heart of wolverine/oak sage spirit with maxed summons of wolves and bear. Have as many + skill boost items as much as possible as well as heaps of summon GC's in your inventory. Stand at town, cast bear and oak/wolv quickly on the top of who you hosted, and let the bear tear them apart by surprise
. Then walk out, take their gold, etc, etc if you want to.
Anyways, high lvl char builds for dueling I've never tried before (FYI):
2) Bear sorc
3) Warcry barb
4) Melee druid (of any sort)
Always thought they (the first 3) were expensive and time consuming to build.