I'm not the most interesting person ever, but here we go...
1) When did you start watching tennis?
My family has been tennisTarded since Laver's era I think
so it was always a part of my life, I guess my first conscious memories of watching matches are from Edberg/Becker in the early 90's
2) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most? (Though I probably don't have to ask a Fedal fan this one, but you probably like to see your favourite players against a few more players )
My favorite Fedal match
: Rome 06
My favorite Roger matches:
Wimbledon 01 against Sampras, USO 04 against Hewitt, AO 05 against Safin, Miami 05 against Rafa, Hamburg 07 against Rafa, RG 09 against Toad and AO 10 against Murray
My favorite Rafa matches:
Rome 05 against Coria, RG 05 against Roger, IW 07 against Nole, Olympics 08 against Gonzo, AO 09 against Roger, Madrid 09 against Nole
3) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
For Roger? maybe he should have stuck with Tony Roche? I dunno, if he has won like 9 Slams without a coach maybe he's doing something right
For Rafa? ANYONE but Toni, I've always been pretty vocal with my displeasure about the guy
, someone who can teach him how to shorten the points and SLICE
4) Why do you think people seem to have a problem with it when someone likes Roger and Rafa equally? A lot of the people here on MTF probably like two players equally, yet nobody seems to have a problem with it.
the tards of either player are usually haters of the other, so most of them can't conceive that someone likes them both
God forbid if you try to be reasonable and objective in MTF, that's what is not well received
5) What is your current desktop picture?
the standard Windows one of the green hill and the blue sky
6) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?
A lot of organizations need help, but more than give money, I'd rather give them everything they need but bought by me, there's corruption around some of those so it's better to be safe
To me top priority: AIDS research, education in poor countries, farming programs for them to learn to cultivate their own food...
7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?
I drooled over Rios' play, he was so talented but I got to meet him twice and realized how much of an asshole he was and he lost me as a fan then
Nole used to annoy me a LOT for his loud ways and his obnoxious family but nowadays he's grown on me, specially since he stopped retiring
8) If you were a dancer on Dancing with the Stars, what celebrity would you want to dance with?
9) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?
Laptop, mobile and wet tissues (if you're a mother, you'd understand why)
10) If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Why did you create the Universe? What was the point of doing so?
11) How long can you go without being on the internet?
1 day or less, I'm pretty much addicted
12) List the 3 qualities you like the most and the least about yourself.
1. Foot in mouth
13) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?
From Spain: I love Corretja and dislike Nacho Calvo
From LA: I love Frana and abhor Varela/Clerc
Worldwide: I like Mac and Stich and dislike Wilander and Mary Jo Fernandez
14) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?
The schedule, it is killing the players, we're not even two months into the season and a LOT of them are already screwed
Less mandatory tournaments and shorter season
15) What beliefs do you stand very strong for, and stand strong against?
For: I'm Catholic, so I stand by my faith (though I have disagreed with the church more than once in several subjects as celibacy and birth control), free will, freedom of speech, respect
Against: Tardism and Racism of any kind
16) What do you think people think of you?
That I'm a loud, smart and funny Spaniard who carries a bow, likes to bitch at a heat exchanger and loves her family and her country
17) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
When I was like 10? at least my first personal one, internet about the same time (mid 90's), X Files
18) What is the most valuable thing you own?
in terms of money? my BMW bike and a Rolex watch I got for my wedding
in terms of emotional attachment? the first dress my husband gave me, a signed bandana Roger gave me in 2002 and my archery kit
19) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?
20) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?
Check the gas stove and water heating about 5 times before leaving or going to bed
21) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Being a plant manager, living with my husband while we raise our teenaged kids (
), traveling more, working less
22) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
Queen Elizabeth II: that woman has seen like 11 PM, lived the WWII, has been in the center of power for over 50 years, just to know what she knows and what she's seen, it'd be amazing
Isaac Newton: this guy set the foundations for a lot of the math/science work we have nowadays, someone who made such contributions for mankind deserves my praise
Bertrand Russell: his principia mathematica is a work of art, not to mention anti-war statements and his contributions to the philosophy of science
23) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?
LiveJournal, MTF, ArcheryTalk, Wikipedia, AspenTech
24) Who are your Top 10 favourite retired players?
the list of the ones I actually saw playing in my time, no matter how briefly:
25) What do you think is the meaning of life?
as clichéd as it might sound, to search for one's happiness without making others unhappy