OMG hi hi hi
I am so excited to have a spotlight thread, I am prepared to make my splash on MTF in style and win over legions of fans like I have on WTAworld (where I am also known as MH0861, that's OH-EIGHT-SIX-ONE)
Down to business! Keep in mind I had 50 emoticons in this and had to take out MANY
1) You and I both know that you are an awesome guy and fully deserving of this thread. However, due to your inactivity some people may be inclined to disagree. Please explain in detail why you think you are worthy of this thread.
It is time for the wonder that is MHpi (people, if you want to know why this is my nickname, ASK! : D ) takes over MTF! I am full of interesting life experiences, many near death experiences and generally live my life WITH THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON IT which provides for endless fun and hijinks
I feel like I am that awesome independent movie that only 6 people saw illegally but feel it changed their life forever. It's time for the James Cameron of MTF, adee-gee, to turn my little private tales into a MAJOR BLOCKBUSTER (except no blue people pls) : D
2) Can you please share 5 interesting facts about you?
1. I was born on Easter Sunday, which may not seem like a big deal but I'd like to know what holiday YOU people were born on, especially a revolving one : D My 12th birthday was on Easter, and I looked it up online and it won't happen again until I'm in my 80s
2. Forget about Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Kris Allen etc, MY AMERICAN IDOL IS LINDSAY DAVENPORT and I have this uncanny ability (and unintentional ability) to reel off match scores from her matches from about 2004 onwards, from the smallest of tournaments : o I swear I never ever study these or anything, they have just stayed in my mind
3. Going with the above, I happen to have an excellent memory -- I have 3 siblings, did you ever used to play the card game memory? Anyways they wouldn't play with me because I would always win : (
4. I am a survivor! I think if I were to go on a reality show it would be survivor because I survive many near death experiences. Off the top of my head, I have survived: Almost being run over by a bus, almost falling onto subway tracks, almost being run over by a taxi-cab, almost being run over by Alisa Kleyabnova, being in a serious head-on car collision, watching the 2007 Anna Chakvetadze vs. Sveta Kuznetsova SF.
5. I have been working since I was 14 (I'm 24 now) but have only ever had 2 jobs. I would say my loyalty extends past work/employers as well : worship:
3) Who are your 5 favourite WTA and ATP players of all time?
1. Lindsay Davenport
2. Mary Pierce
3. Maria Kirilenko
4. Monica Seles
5. Martina Hingis
1. Patrick Rafter
2. Pete Sampras (don't hate)
4. Andy Roddick (I have come around to him lately, especially after the Wimby final)
5. Tommy Haas
I am not nearly as much into following particular players on ATP as opposed to WTA (though I enjoy ATP matches more - I just don't have that personal vested OMG IF MARIA KIRILENKO DOES NOT BREAK SHARAPOVA FOR THE MATCH RIGHT NOW AND STOP CHOKING I AM GOING TO JUMP OUT A WINDOW interest.
4) Ok so we've now established you love Lindsay. If you were offered the chance to spend a day in the company of Lindsay, or a day with Jess and I, which would you choose?
Oh, a day with Jess and Adam for sure : worship: NO CONTEST. At least you two wouldn't go whore it up and have kids and leave me alone like she has : (
5) What are your 5 favourite movies of all time?
As Jess will tell you, I am just not a big movie person. I have missed many "classics" and rather watch a TV show than a movie. In no order, I quite enjoy:
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Fight Club
- American Beauty
- Finding Nemo
- Kill Bill (vol 1+2)
6) What are your 5 favourite songs of all time?
I don't think I can order this:
U2 - "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)" OMG I couldn't believe this was part of the encore when I saw them in September. An awesome album track on my #1 album of all time, Achtung Baby. I also adore "Stay" and "Angel of Harlem" from U2 - I always think of you as my Angel in Harlem
No Doubt - "New": This isn't very well known, I love No Doubt and the obvious choice would be Don't Speak but I just adore this song - love the dark feel to it, the riff and the double chorus. I think it's just a personal choice for me, most people I play it for don't really rate it. WHATEVS.
Sting - "Fields of Gold" - OMG this is just a gorgeous and heartbreaking song
The Cardigans - "Communication" - See above, I am sorry for all my Debbie-Downer choices here but this is such a beautiful song. Most people thought the Cardigans went away after Lovefool but they produced much better music after.
Coldplay - "Strawberry Swing" - OMG I know this is very recent and Coldplay is not a cool band to like but this song is so fun, very Beatles-esque, I played this non-stop when I bought the very good album it comes from. The end of the song gets me every time, very lovey dovey in a non-cheesy way.
Sixth would be Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire and Seventh Mariah Carey featuring ODB - Fantasy (REMIX).
7) What are your top 3 tv shows?
Currently, or of all time? In any event I think they may actually be the same:
It's not a show I particularly have an interest of watching past seasons ever again because it's really an "in the moment" type of show - but OMG 24 has changed my TV life. I am particularly proud of this because I watched the very first episode when it premiered in 2001 so I have been there since the very beginning.
2. Dexter. A new edition to the Matty collection but I've really, really been digging this show. I hope it maintains the momentum and/or stops before it ruins itself.
3. Lost. Loved the first season, almost gave up on it during seasons two and three, but totally back on board again. I can't wait to watch all the seasons back to back once it ends as well.
Honorable mentions: 30 Rock, American Idol, Beverly Hills 90210 (YEAH I SAID IT)
8) If Jack Bauer was a tennis player, would anyone be able to win a point against him?
No one would win a point, but everyone would win because he'd be defaulted in the first point of every match, taking Serena Williams USO OH NINE to a whole new level: GOD DAMNIT THAT SERVE WAS IN I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR GOD DAMN ARM OFF
9) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? (and I don't want a cheesy answer like "London to be close to you"
I've really been digging the idea of living in Miami lately, thanks to Dexter and also an episode of Top Chef where there was an outdoor dining party. Second choice would probably be Manhattan actually because it's still close enough to my friends/family/current job and life etc. After I visited Montreal I really had the desire to live there too. I think the 8 months of beyond miserable weather is the deciding factor against that though, if I move away it has to be somewhere warm and vibrant.
10) Bibberz seems very interested in you. In fact, he seemed strangely keen on this thread being started. Why do you think this is?
I don't know, I would be interested in me too! Bibberz reminds me of someone who is reading an issue of US Weekly and is looking at the paparazzi photos of my antics and hot looks and wants to join in. JOIN IN BIBBZ, JOIN IN! I think Bibberz just recognizes talent when he sees it
11) If I started dating your sister, how would you feel?
I would be disturbed that you thought it would be OK to date a 16 year old
But notwithstanding age, I wouldn't have a problem with it, I think common friends dating siblings can work out just fine. But if you hurt her I'd beat you down worse than Maria Sharapova at 2005 Indian Wells
12) If you could change 5 things about yourself (appearance, personality, character etc) what would they be?
Umm, I would like to:
1. Be Taller
2. Have more muscle/sculpted body. I want another 6-pack in my life besides the Diet Coke in my kitchen! : D
3. Be less judgmental, I know we all do it but I think I can give people a chance more often and not be so quick to judge people just because they think orange crocs are an acceptable purchase. Also I have heard I have a "look" when I am judging/in disgust of someone : rolls:
4. Be more of a free spirit in more aspects of my life besides the little things in life. I think in many ways I can hold myself back sometimes.
5. Have a bigger shoe size!
13) Would you rather Lindsay comes out of retirement and wins Roland Garros or MK to win Wimbledon?
Definitely Lindsay winning RG (or any slam), too many sad sad losses and close calls in the last few years for that elusive 4th. She is a much better player than a 3-slam winner.
14) Are you eternally grateful to me for recommending Muse? What are your favourite songs?
Well, I knew them and a few of their songs, but yes I didn't really discover them any further until you raved on and on. My favorite songs are:
1. "Map of the Problematique"
2. "Time is Running Out"
4. "Undisclosed Desires"
5. "Knights of Cydonia"
I apologize if those are not very critically acclaimed but WHATEVS.
15) What is your dream profession?
Oh, I'd love to be a really successful chef, no doubt. : D I'd also like to be a Jon Wetheim and get paid big bucks to predict Na Li as an Aussie Open semifinalists : haha :
16) Do you still play golf? How is your game?
I didn't play in 2009 at all I don't think
My game is not very good but OK - however as I always say if you want to know my handicap in golf it's a wheelchair. : D
17) Same question for tennis.
I played a bit through early summer, but annoyingly all the free public courts in my area began requiring paid permits to play
We don't play enough to buy one, but we'll see about this year. My game is OK, I think I am capable but I'm sure a Jewish Olympics star would make me look like Brie Whitehead
I am definitely very quick around the court and my serve can be pretty good when it's on. Solid backhand, forehand I usually have to pray that it will go in if I go for any type of pace on it
I am a very broody player too, I get very annoyed with myself and talk to myself etc even if it's a friendly little match with my brother or something, I'm very competitive and don't like to lose. I am also superstitious : D
18) Why do you think Americans still haven't embraced "soccer"? Do you think it will ever take off?
OMG my brother is a MASSIVE football fan (stop speaking American). I should ask him his opinion of Spurs and Snooker and whatnot next time I talk to him : D I don't know, it's weird because football is like the #1 sport kids play growing up in school. Part of me thinks there's just too much competition for general interest out there.
19) What are your 3 biggest regrets in life?
1. I have been horrendous with keeping in touch with friends from long ago. I now find myself with most of my good/best friends as those I went to college with. The problem is, we do not generally live too close. I feel like I could've done a better job keeping in touch/staying close to a lot of people. It's my New Year's Resolution to re-connect with more people from back in the day, and I recommend everyone else try doing this too.
2. UGH I find myself with a stalker and it's all because of a very very poor choice at a bar and got super drunk and did naughty things with a girl
I don't even like chicas but when I'm drunk I will get friendly with anything
Anyway I should really just own up but it provides for very amusing stories
3. I've been blessed with a very good job, a well-paying job and one that I am good at - but I am bored to tears there and very disconnected and disinterested in what I'm doing. I do regret going the business/accounting route (I actually realized this a year before graduation but it was too late). Apart from cooking (which honestly feels more like a feel-good fantasy and not a real option and I feel like I may not end up enjoying it anyway) I don't know what I'd do otherwise though.
20) Acting, singing, dancing, sport, cooking....put them in order of best ---> worst.
Although to be fair I don't know if I have ever tried acting : rolls: