1. if sicily wants to, do you think it should be able to secede? do you generally believe it would be an alternative for italy to just split up again?
2. do you support any italian football club?
3. do you happen to know anyone who lost money by investing in madoff?
4. i take it you didn't grow up jewish. did you convert after your marriage? if so, what did your parents say?
5. do you have that typical italian-american new yorker accent, the one many guys from "the godfather" display?
6. how has the subprime crisis affected your job in real estate? must have had quite an impact.
7. i didn't know you basically grew up completely in italy. do you still feel somewhat "at home" over there when you visit?
8. do you think bernanke should get another term?
9. name the 5 major powers on the planet in 100 years' time.
10. who would you want to run for president on the republican side in 2012?
1. I think Italy's reputation and wealth would be greatly enhanced by minimizing it to all countries north of Toscana (Toscana would be included as well);
2. Calcio is a little too barbaric for my taste;
3. Half-a-dozen or so;
4. I converted prior to marriage, and my Mother was happy to learn of my decision;
5. I grew up in Manhattan and Connecticut to white-collar parents, not in a working-class borough (where such a vulgar accent abounds);
6. No tangible impact, the company for which I work is owned by my in-laws;
7. Actually, my mentality is more American than Italian. Although I tend to lean European in musical and culinary preferences;
8. Indifferent, although I must say the man is beloved by academia (many of my professors are quite proud of the fact that he ascended to the chairmanship of the Fed from well, head of the economics department at Princeton);
9. In this order: China, United States, Russia, India + a dark horse (perhaps Brazil);
10. Mitt Romney