Thanks for making this thread man
1. OMG, you are brown?! I know this one brown guy in Canada named Anoop--do you know him? You look just like him.
OMG yes I am brown but no I don't know anyone named Anoop. I seem to have a lot of lookalikes though, one girl I know swears to this day that she saw me in the mall here about a month ago when I wasn't, she refuses to take no for an answer. Maybe that was your friend
2. You sort of dodged Snoo's question earlier, so I'll ask again--how good are you at math? Do you think you can compete with Leng Jai and his (presumably) fierce math skillz?
I dodged her question because she asked me if I thought I was smarter than tennizen, not if I was good at math. I'm not from Leng Jai's part of the world (I know, I'm a racist
) so he has the genetic edge... but no seriously I'm ok at math but it wasn't my strongest point in school.
3. What guitars/gear do you own?
Guitars: Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, a PRS Standard 24, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
Amps: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec and Engl Powerball
Also I own a pearl export drumkit, cheap bass, and a shitton of recording gear which I won't get into so no one falls asleep.
4. What are some Canadian stereotypes that apply to you?
I like to think that no stereotypes apply to me, my personality and interests are kind of the product of a weird combination of influences. I'm sure if you asked someone objective though, they'd reveal the truth that I live in an igloo, am a lumberjack, say "eh" 24000 times per day, and only drink Molson Canadian.
5. I’ve been to West Edmonton Mall. That shit didn’t impress me.
Lol yeah, its not like it has the best shopping but it's a really popular place to go for people in junior high or high school since there's a whole bunch of shit to do in one place.
6. I was going to ask how you reacted when Gretzky was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, but you were probably in utero at the time.
Yup, I wasn't alive yet but I do know my family was
about it for like the next 5 years after I was born.
7. Do you follow the CFL? What about the NFL? MLB? NBA? WTA? PGA? NCAAB? NCAAF? EPL? UFC?
I just follow tennis and hockey, I used to follow the NBA and MLB (I used to play basketball and baseball as well), but I'm busy with too many things in life to play or pay attention to most sports anymore.
8. Okay, I’ll be honest—the only thing I really know about you is that you’re Canadian. I don’t really feel like asking a bunch of generic questions (MMM will be along shortly with those ) or questions about lumberjacks and maple syrup. (GhostUnholy: ) This is your thread. Introduce yourself to prospective voters. Please feel free to mention anything that you left out of your Mr. MTF profile. How many siblings do you have? When/why did your parents move to Canada? How did you meet the guys in your band? What are they like? Just talk about basic shit like that, I guess.
Sounds good, I'll start by answering those questions. I have 1 sibling, an older sister. My parents moved to Canada maybe 6 months before I was born, because my aunt already lived here.
The guys in my band either applied to be in or are people I met randomly. I had originally formed this band at 15, and the other original members are all gone for various reasons, but I was always the main writer and liked our material enough that I didn't want to give up on it. Even now that we have a full lineup, I recorded the majority of the guitars and bass, wrote the lyrics most of the drum parts, and produced/engineered our album.
Other things about me...
I'm 100% obsessed with music, I something like 1200CDs and am always looking for more music. My favorites styles are metal and indie rock, but listen to everything from jazz to trance to world music to hip hop.
I love traveling, and last time I bothered trying to count the places I'd been it turned out I've so far been to something like 70 cities in 17 countries. Just like 300 more countries to go or something
I'm an atheist, and really interested in philosophy, but at the same time don't really have a problem with religion the way some atheists do. I was very interested in religion when I was 15-16, and read the Qu'ran, the Gita, the New Testament, and ridiculous amounts of philosophy trying to figure out what the point of life was. I didn't understand enough of the philosophical arguments at the time though for it to be that useful, and still am not really sure why we're all here, and that's something I think about any time I have time to think really. Random thing to include, I know, but I think that process is important determining factor my personality.
I'm tired of typing now so I'll wait for some more questions