GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
 
Bibberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,971
                     
GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

I was hoping someone else would start this thread. Whatever.

1. OMG, you are brown?! I know this one brown guy in Canada named Anoop--do you know him? You look just like him.

2. You sort of dodged Snoo's question earlier, so I'll ask again--how good are you at math? Do you think you can compete with Leng Jai and his (presumably) fierce math skillz?

3. What guitars/gear do you own?

4. What are some Canadian stereotypes that apply to you?

5. I’ve been to West Edmonton Mall. That shit didn’t impress me.

6. I was going to ask how you reacted when Gretzky was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, but you were probably in utero at the time.

7. Do you follow the CFL? What about the NFL? MLB? NBA? WTA? PGA? NCAAB? NCAAF? EPL? UFC?

8. Okay, I’ll be honest—the only thing I really know about you is that you’re Canadian. I don’t really feel like asking a bunch of generic questions (MMM will be along shortly with those ) or questions about lumberjacks and maple syrup. This is your thread. Introduce yourself to prospective voters. Please feel free to mention anything that you left out of your Mr. MTF profile. How many siblings do you have? When/why did your parents move to Canada? How did you meet the guys in your band? What are they like? Just talk about basic shit like that, I guess.


Bibberz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Thanks for making this thread man

Quote:
1. OMG, you are brown?! I know this one brown guy in Canada named Anoop--do you know him? You look just like him.
OMG yes I am brown but no I don't know anyone named Anoop. I seem to have a lot of lookalikes though, one girl I know swears to this day that she saw me in the mall here about a month ago when I wasn't, she refuses to take no for an answer. Maybe that was your friend

Quote:
2. You sort of dodged Snoo's question earlier, so I'll ask again--how good are you at math? Do you think you can compete with Leng Jai and his (presumably) fierce math skillz?
I dodged her question because she asked me if I thought I was smarter than tennizen, not if I was good at math. I'm not from Leng Jai's part of the world (I know, I'm a racist ) so he has the genetic edge... but no seriously I'm ok at math but it wasn't my strongest point in school.

Quote:
3. What guitars/gear do you own?
Guitars: Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, a PRS Standard 24, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
Amps: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec and Engl Powerball
Also I own a pearl export drumkit, cheap bass, and a shitton of recording gear which I won't get into so no one falls asleep.

Quote:
4. What are some Canadian stereotypes that apply to you?
I like to think that no stereotypes apply to me, my personality and interests are kind of the product of a weird combination of influences. I'm sure if you asked someone objective though, they'd reveal the truth that I live in an igloo, am a lumberjack, say "eh" 24000 times per day, and only drink Molson Canadian.

Quote:
5. I’ve been to West Edmonton Mall. That shit didn’t impress me.
Lol yeah, its not like it has the best shopping but it's a really popular place to go for people in junior high or high school since there's a whole bunch of shit to do in one place.

Quote:
6. I was going to ask how you reacted when Gretzky was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, but you were probably in utero at the time.
Yup, I wasn't alive yet but I do know my family was about it for like the next 5 years after I was born.

Quote:
7. Do you follow the CFL? What about the NFL? MLB? NBA? WTA? PGA? NCAAB? NCAAF? EPL? UFC?
I just follow tennis and hockey, I used to follow the NBA and MLB (I used to play basketball and baseball as well), but I'm busy with too many things in life to play or pay attention to most sports anymore.

Quote:
8. Okay, I’ll be honest—the only thing I really know about you is that you’re Canadian. I don’t really feel like asking a bunch of generic questions (MMM will be along shortly with those ) or questions about lumberjacks and maple syrup. (GhostUnholy: ) This is your thread. Introduce yourself to prospective voters. Please feel free to mention anything that you left out of your Mr. MTF profile. How many siblings do you have? When/why did your parents move to Canada? How did you meet the guys in your band? What are they like? Just talk about basic shit like that, I guess.
Sounds good, I'll start by answering those questions. I have 1 sibling, an older sister. My parents moved to Canada maybe 6 months before I was born, because my aunt already lived here.

The guys in my band either applied to be in or are people I met randomly. I had originally formed this band at 15, and the other original members are all gone for various reasons, but I was always the main writer and liked our material enough that I didn't want to give up on it. Even now that we have a full lineup, I recorded the majority of the guitars and bass, wrote the lyrics most of the drum parts, and produced/engineered our album.

Other things about me...
I'm 100% obsessed with music, I something like 1200CDs and am always looking for more music. My favorites styles are metal and indie rock, but listen to everything from jazz to trance to world music to hip hop.

I love traveling, and last time I bothered trying to count the places I'd been it turned out I've so far been to something like 70 cities in 17 countries. Just like 300 more countries to go or something

I'm an atheist, and really interested in philosophy, but at the same time don't really have a problem with religion the way some atheists do. I was very interested in religion when I was 15-16, and read the Qu'ran, the Gita, the New Testament, and ridiculous amounts of philosophy trying to figure out what the point of life was. I didn't understand enough of the philosophical arguments at the time though for it to be that useful, and still am not really sure why we're all here, and that's something I think about any time I have time to think really. Random thing to include, I know, but I think that process is important determining factor my personality.

I'm tired of typing now so I'll wait for some more questions

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

-What does Rohan mean?
-Who are your favourite tennis players? Can you rank them?
-Have you been to any tournaments live? If so, which?
-What's the qualities you most like in people?
-What do others do to annoy you?
-What would you do if you won Mr. MTF?

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
-What does Rohan mean?
-Who are your favourite tennis players? Can you rank them?
-Have you been to any tournaments live? If so, which?
-What's the qualities you most like in people?
-What do others do to annoy you?
-What would you do if you won Mr. MTF?
1) Well, the only players I can be called a fan of are Rafa, who I've supported since 2004 when he impressed me with his athleticism and fighting spirit, and Marat, whose tennis and antics I love. I don't dislike any player though and in general I just like to see high quality tennis, I don't care who's playing.

2) I've been to the ATP 250 tournament in Sydney in 2000, and Roland Garros in 2008, but that's it. Its hard for me to coordinate my travel with the dates of tournaments, and there aren't any big tournaments close to home.

3) The most important thing to me is for people to be unique, but beyond that I tend to value intelligence, humor, and open mindedness.

4) People who are close minded irritate me, and people who are openly rude or hostile. Otherwise I'm good with most things.

5) Well, Ted is willing to date someone from MTF if he wins, how about I one up him and marry someone from the forum if i win

Oh, and I forgot to answer about my name. I never bothered to ask what it means, but I know my parents named me after a cricket player from the West Indies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,675
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

1. What made you decide to become a doctor?
2. Any idea what type of doc you want to be?
3. Any brothers or sisters?
4. Given your primary music genre do you consider yourself yo be an agressive man if you really want something, or passive and que sera sera or in-between.
5. Are you excited that Bibbir man is excited to have another male Indian around MTF or does it disturb you that he fingerred you?
6. Do you always make promises you know you can't keep? Marriage to an MTFer?
7. Who is you fav trance band?

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
 
Bibberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,971
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
I dodged her question because she asked me if I thought I was smarter than tennizen, not if I was good at math.
Snoo cited Tennizen's prodigious math skillz as the only example of her intelligence. In fact, Tennizen is something of an idiot savant; she excels at math, but she's useless in every other intellectual field and social situation. Thus, there would have been no point in asking whether you were smarter than Tennizen in any non-mathematical discipline.

Quote:
Guitars: Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, a PRS Standard 24, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.


Quote:
I'm an atheist, and really interested in philosophy, but at the same time don't really have a problem with religion the way some atheists do.
I'm leaning toward Clydey now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
3. Any brothers or sisters?
Try to keep up, Sue.

Bibberz is offline  
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,675
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post

Try to keep up, Sue.
I am slumming for votes I see I have lost yours.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
1. What made you decide to become a doctor?
2. Any idea what type of doc you want to be?
3. Any brothers or sisters?
4. Given your primary music genre do you consider yourself yo be an agressive man if you really want something, or passive and que sera sera or in-between.
5. Are you excited that Bibbir man is excited to have another male Indian around MTF or does it disturb you that he fingerred you?
6. Do you always make promises you know you can't keep? Marriage to an MTFer?
7. Who is you fav trance band?
1. For me, it was between music, social work or working for the UN, or Medicine. Choice one was selfish and I can do it on the side anyways, social work or global health work and so on would allow to me to make a difference in people's lives but probably wouldn't be that intellectually stimulating, while medicine gave me the option to do both. Seemed like the right blend for me.

2. Right now I'm thinking Orthopedics, we just did musculoskeletal and I loved it, and I like hands on stuff so surgery appeals to me. I've only been in school for 4-5 months though so I haven't really made up my mind.

3. 1 sister as said above

4. Not really, I'm not a competitive person or anything, lots of people have told me I'm the most chilled out people they know. But I guess I can get pretty aggressive if someone fucks with me.

5. maybe a bit of both

6. No, only in this contest I keep fairly strict rules for myself, one being that I should never lie, and I don't except when I'm depressed every now and then and decide to abandon my principles. To me, reality is in many ways defined by what we believe is true, and as such I feel like lying makes life "less real".

7. I have a hard time picking favorites cause I listen to way too much music but two trance albums I'm digging right now are "Northern Exposure" from Sasha & Digweed and "Snivilisation" from Oribtal (yeah they're pretty old I know)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
Snoo cited Tennizen's prodigious math skillz as the only example of her intelligence. In fact, Tennizen is something of an idiot savant; she excels at math, but she's useless in every other intellectual field and social situation. Thus, there would have been no point in asking whether you were smarter than Tennizen in any non-mathematical discipline.
ouch.

Quote:
I'm leaning toward Clydey now.
Sorry to disappoint
There are many things I dislike about organized religion, but at the same time I can understand why people are drawn to them as I sometimes feel that way myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered User
 
Minn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,665
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Hi Rohan.

1. Do you have any relatives in the USA? If so, can you tell us in what states they live?

2. You said you don't really fit into any Canadian stereotypes. Do you think you fit into any East Indian stereotypes?

3. How old were you when you started playing guitar?

4. What made you become more active on MTF?

5. Oilers, Flames or other?

Thanks.
Minn is offline  
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,044
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Did your parents encourage/push you to study medicine?

Do you call yourself a desi?

Would you think of moving to the US?

What languages do you speak?

Are you allowed to marry any girl you want or will you undergo an arranged marriage?
Aloimeh is offline  
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
Hi Rohan.

1. Do you have any relatives in the USA? If so, can you tell us in what states they live?

2. You said you don't really fit into any Canadian stereotypes. Do you think you fit into any East Indian stereotypes?

3. How old were you when you started playing guitar?

4. What made you become more active on MTF?

5. Oilers, Flames or other?

Thanks.
Hey Minn, whats up?

1. I don't actually, most of my relatives are still in India and some in Australia.

2. Well, maybe if you count trying to be a doctor as a stereotype Otherwise not really, I have very little connection to my Indian culture.

3. I was 10 years old. I was really obsessed from 14-16 though, I'd play like 6 hours a day.

4. Actually, randomly posting in the depression thread when I was down one day, Mischa, Infini, and Clydey made me feel welcome here and I decided to be more active, though I guess I'd already been posting a bit more just cause I've had more free time than usual during the last little bit.

5. Avalanche actually I'm a traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
Did your parents encourage/push you to study medicine?

Do you call yourself a desi?

Would you think of moving to the US?

What languages do you speak?

Are you allowed to marry any girl you want or will you undergo an arranged marriage?
1. They for sure encouraged me but were very much open to me choosing something else

2. I don't

3. Yes, I'm a fan of big cities, I'd love to live in New York or San Francisco or something, but I also am interested in moving overseas to Paris or Sydney.

4. Just English fluently, I was pretty decent in French but it's getting really rusty since high school ended and I stopped taking it in school

5. Even if my parents wanted me to get an arranged marriage, I wouldn't. But they don't so it's all good, no conflict. I don't know if I ever even want to get married though, we'll have to see with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

The West Indian cricketer, that would be Rohan Kanhai.

1. Worst thing you have ever eaten?

2. Name a place or places that would you never return to?

3. So you support the Quebec Nordiques then?

4. What's your view of Quebec?

5. You have some class music taste, so how do you deal with the people that are just scenesters and not there for the music itself?

6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer?

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Registered User
 
Minn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,665
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
Hey Minn, whats up?
(You can call me Melanie if you'd like. Minn is just fine too, though.)

Quote:
1. I don't actually, most of my relatives are still in India and some in Australia.
Okay. You answered someone else mentioning San Francisco. Have you ever been there?

Quote:
3. I was 10 years old. I was really obsessed from 14-16 though, I'd play like 6 hours a day.


Quote:
4. Actually, randomly posting in the depression thread when I was down one day, Mischa, Infini, and Clydey made me feel welcome here and I decided to be more active, though I guess I'd already been posting a bit more just cause I've had more free time than usual during the last little bit.
Hope you're feeling better now.

Quote:
5. Avalanche actually I'm a traitor
That's okay. I used to be a fan of a few Avalanche players but they're one of the big rivals of my team (also American-based), so I can't really like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer?
AJ They are both awesome.
Minn is offline  
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The West Indian cricketer, that would be Rohan Kanhai.

1. Worst thing you have ever eaten?

2. Name a place or places that would you never return to?

3. So you support the Quebec Nordiques then?

4. What's your view of Quebec?

5. You have some class music taste, so how do you deal with the people that are just scenesters and not there for the music itself?

6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer?
1. My own cooking

2. Disney world. I went when I was little, but I see it as the embodiment of North American mass consumerism. Plus there'd be nothing for me to eat, I try to eat healthy all the time

3. Yes, I was very young when they were the Nordiques but I supported them at the time because my sister did really, and transferred my loyalty to the Avalanche.

4. No comment on English/French divide, but Quebec is the source of some of our best musicians, artists, athletes, etc.

5. Scenesters used to really bother me back in high school, they were pretty much the bane of my existence. Now I just leave them be and try not to interact with them

6. Rick Mercer IMO but both are funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
(You can call me Melanie if you'd like. Minn is just fine too, though.)

Okay. You answered someone else mentioning San Francisco. Have you ever been there?



Hope you're feeling better now.

That's okay. I used to be a fan of a few Avalanche players but they're one of the big rivals of my team (also American-based), so I can't really like them.

AJ They are both awesome.
Melanie works for me I have been there, but it came to mind because a close friend of mine lives there. Who's your team? Even if it's Detroit I won't hate you, I had to get over that roadblock with one of my ex's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras
ROFL.. Have we had any rallies yet? This match already sucks. 1-2 shot rallies and then someone breaks down.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
I just follow tennis and hockey, I used to follow the NBA and MLB (I used to play basketball and baseball as well), but I'm busy with too many things in life to play or pay attention to most sports anymore.
Not following CFL is absolutely unacceptable Too bad the CFL season is over but next year, you MUST watch at least one game of the Stampeder match in McMahon Stadium in subzero temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
5. Avalanche actually I'm a traitor

even worse than not following CFL.
Lee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome