A thread for Saulo, a great gye and passionate tennis fan, fully deserved.
Even if he is a future lawyer.
1. What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
2. What's your favourite Wonder of the World? (from ancient history)
3. What's your favourite book in Portuguese?
4. Why do you like Soderling so much?
5. If, say, Louk Sorensen, became No.1 in the world in 5 years and had trillions of fans and fangirls and became the most popular player on earth, would you still cheer for him?
6. If there was a TMS tournament in Brazil, where would you like to see it, on which surface and in what kind of surroundings? What do you think would separate that event from other tournaments and make it special?
7. Who is your favourite Brazilian player?
Great thread Thank you.
1) I don´t travel too often right now and never went to get to know Europe as an adult, but I would say Porto Seguro- Bahia- good beaches and beautiful people and Starnberg See- near Munich, calm place.
I think those places are beautiful because they make me feel good there, yet I must find some place I reckon is beautiful stricly sensu, like some castle or palace.
2)The Mausoleoum of Halicarnassus always got my attention, made by a persian king who married his sister and admired greek culture. I like tombs.
3) Lira dos Vinte Anos - Alvares de Azevedo (studied in my uni)
themes: life, youth and death
He felt he would die young and indeed he died at 21.
Vey emotive gye, sensitive also.
Minha desgraça não é ser poeta,
Nem na terra de amor não ter um eco...
E, meu anjo de Deus, o meu planeta
Tratar-me como trata-se um boneco...
Não é andar de cotovelos rotos,
Ter duro como pedra o travesseiro...
Eu sei... O mundo é um lodaçal perdido
cujo sol (quem mo dera) é o dinheiro...
Minha desgraça, ó cândida donzela,
O que faz que meu peito assim blasfema,
É ter por escrever todo um poema
E não ter um vintém para uma vela.
4)Very intelligent gye, his sincerety make him look rude. Also I think his game is powerful and suitable to all-surfaces, and he has a double backhand just like me without much spin.
5)No, sometimes I get mad that some unknown players I like like Kudryavtsev, Karol Beck or Dasnieres de Veigy are not having the sucess I want. I like Tomic, and I will be happy if he gets the numer one spot.
6) I think it should be in a big city like Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro to try to gather more fans into the sport. . But somehow I don´t see why Brazil should have a TMS and Argentina not. They have more tennis culture than us.
Brazil could have a clay TMS for better performance of our local players or in hard court to try to help make this court more popular among brazilians (tough job).
We are a very good crowd and very friendly and we have a really good weather here.
Just take away from Costa, no public there.
7) Ricardo Hocevar. Other guys I like are Bellucci because he´s a relaxed guy, Joao Souza (good guy) and Julio Silva (ex-ball catcher, great competitor). In futures I am cheering to two local guys from my city: Bruno Semenzato and Augusto Laranja.
No lawyer, prosecutor in the future axax.