Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i will quickly list a few i that listen to once in a while:

1. mega death
2. deff leapord
3. metalica
4. whitesnake
5. queensryche
6. disturbed

and a few others. no time to list them all. going to get some sleep.

and aj, remind me to kick your ass when i have the time.
You have great taste General clay death. Have you seen any of those bands in concert? I saw them all except disturbed.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #197 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,278
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

I got that Heaven and Hell record recently, it might be my favorite thing that Dio/Sabbath have ever done, fav thing on it is "Children of the Sea", best riff on there IMO, I'm into all metal, old and new, I don't discriminate or put limits on it.

Was that a dig at Paradise Lost, if it was I'm kinda amazing considering they have awesome classic metal guitar leads and Sabbathian riffs, considering you say you like that stuff.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #198 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

No one's posted Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction yet?

I luv how the latin american audiences have so much energy. They chant "megadeth, megadeth" as the chorus...What a rush that must be. ok, time to air guitar.

[youtube]xX6UjWMffaY[/youtube]

The impeccable studio version:

[youtube]yjYCW1BQC4Q[/youtube]

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!

Last edited by Mr. Oracle; 04-07-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #199 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I got that Heaven and Hell record recently, it might be my favorite thing that Dio/Sabbath have ever done, fav thing on it is "Children of the Sea", best riff on there IMO, I'm into all metal, old and new, I don't discriminate or put limits on it.

Was that a dig at Paradise Lost, if it was I'm kinda amazing considering they have awesome classic metal guitar leads and Sabbathian riffs, considering you say you like that stuff.
I luv tony iommi's tone on that album. It's amazing he managed to keep playing after getting his finger tips cut off. Many players unsuccessfully try to get his tone but sadly, the tone is in his prosthetic fingertips.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #200 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Judas Priest's "Victim of Changes."

Seminal stuff from the fathers of metal. Awesome changes throughout the song (5:09, "when she was wonderful, when she was fine, when she was beautiful, when she was mine" )

Rob Halford's voice in its prime, and quite possible one of mosted gifted vocalists ever.

Check out the high notes he hits at 6:37 and 7:35.

[youtube]EKSU1W0ZUmQ[/youtube]

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!

Last edited by Mr. Oracle; 04-07-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #201 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,278
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Judas Priest's "Victim of Changes."

Seminal stuff from the fathers of metal. Awesome changes throughout the song.

Rob Halford's voice in its prime, and quite possible one of mosted gifted vocalists ever.

Check out the final note he hits at 7:35.

[youtube]EKSU1W0ZUmQ[/youtube]
Fuck yeah, one of, if not the the greatest song ever, even though they pretty much combined 2 songs to make this masterpiece.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #202 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,278
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Mr. Oracle, I was wondering what you know about metal from Canada, I am Canadian myself, I've heard a fair bit, I sadly can't really get into most of it, only band I can say I like is Razor, their song "Evil Invaders" from the 80's is a classic for me, they are still around, they play thrashy metal.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #203 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Fuck yeah, one of, if not the the greatest song ever, even though they pretty much combined 2 songs to make this masterpiece.
Fhaken right bro , I'm gonna blow yer mind with the next one...

Off of Defenders...(someone who keeps watch?)

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #204 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

The sentinel.

Glenn Tipton and Mr. K.K Downing trading solos at 2:21 is wicked.

I remember as a kid, being a few rows back from a wall of marshall stacks during the turbo lover tour, and damaging my left ear (it still rings, but the righteous tone of british celestion speakers forever remains)

[youtube]dLMuv5dc-rQ[/youtube]

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #205 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Mr. Oracle, I was wondering what you know about metal from Canada, I am Canadian myself, I've heard a fair bit, I sadly can't really get into most of it, only band I can say I like is Razor, their song "Evil Invaders" from the 80's is a classic for me, they are still around, they play thrashy metal.
It was great being a kid in the 80s with all the cool bands. I'm no expert on metal but I'm familiar with pretty much all the non death/thrash metal stuff. That shit was/is scary. For me and my friends it was all about the fun music, and no anger at all. Some of those guys were real freaks back then. It's all damn noise to me but I don't want to disrespect my fellow metal brohims.

Yeah I remember Razor, they kinda remind me of "the killer dwarfs." They had some interesting stuff.

Wow so late, gotta go

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!

Last edited by Mr. Oracle; 04-07-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #206 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,278
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
The sentinel.

Glenn Tipton and Mr. K.K Downing trading solos at 2:21 is wicked.

I remember as a kid, being a few rows back from a wall of marshall stacks during the turbo lover tour, and damaging my left ear (it still rings, but the righteous tone of british celestion speakers forever remains)

[youtube]dLMuv5dc-rQ[/youtube]
Yeah, I had this record, maybe my fav thing they did in the 80's, British Steel's up there too, 80's Priest kinda bores me, especially the drumming, ever since Holland joined the band, their 70's drummers were better esp. Phillips, best drummer they ever had, also not really into Halford's gay lyrical themes, I don't care that he's gay, he sings great, just don't like the lyrics sometimes, still kinda funny that people thought he was doing the biker thing and was really metal when he was doing the gay club thing instead.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #207 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yeah, I had this record, maybe my fav thing they did in the 80's, British Steel's up there too, 80's Priest kinda bores me, especially the drumming, ever since Holland joined the band, their 70's drummers were better esp. Phillips, best drummer they ever had, also not really into Halford's gay lyrical themes, I don't care that he's gay, he sings great, just don't like the lyrics sometimes, still kinda funny that people thought he was doing the biker thing and was really metal when he was doing the gay club thing instead.
Yeah Rob definitely dressed the part. Can't believe we never thought anything of it back then Nothing at all. How naive were we? But we all had the leather and studs back then lol. Accept raises red flags for me now too (balls to the wall). Speaking of which, I should post that one too lol.

[youtube]B_3TlrZLpQ0[/youtube]

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #208 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
 
Dougie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,907
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Hey Dougie boy, how do feel about Steve Vai's playing on "Slip of the Tongue?" Some amazing solos there, on the cover song, and kool riffs on "Kitten's got claws." I luv the zeppelinesque sound on "Judgement Day." It's kinda like Kashmir.
Vai´s playing is of course excellent, such a skillful player. I just feel it wasn´t the right direction for Whitesnake as a band, that´s when the whole hair-metal posing went a little over the top for them. 1987 with John Sykes is still a good album, but Slip of the Tongue is not really my cup of tea. There´s some great songwriting, Judgement Day for example, and Sailing Ships, which is one of the best ballads they ever did. And I I do like the Fool for Your Loving-remake. But it would have been nice to hear those songs with a little bluesier approach and with Adrian Vandenberg´s guitar playing. And the photos with a little less hair spray. I suppose Coverdale just wanted to make the band as big as possible but IMO it is not a strong effort.
Dougie is offline  
post #209 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,278
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Here's "Evil Invaders" for you by Razor, it's at least a tiny bit Priest like to me, prob why I enjoy it much:

[youtube]9Cf5ZmcZfGQ[/youtube]

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #210 of 282 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Vai´s playing is of course excellent, such a skillful player. I just feel it wasn´t the right direction for Whitesnake as a band, that´s when the whole hair-metal posing went a little over the top for them. 1987 with John Sykes is still a good album, but Slip of the Tongue is not really my cup of tea. There´s some great songwriting, Judgement Day for example, and Sailing Ships, which is one of the best ballads they ever did. And I I do like the Fool for Your Loving-remake. But it would have been nice to hear those songs with a little bluesier approach and with Adrian Vandenberg´s guitar playing. And the photos with a little less hair spray. I suppose Coverdale just wanted to make the band as big as possible but IMO it is not a strong effort.
You're right, sadly a lot of bands seemed to be running out of steam at that time. In the late 80s and early 90s, you could actually sense a change in the musical zeitgeist coming around the corner with bands like nirvana--literally meant the death of the popular metal scene. Now I know how the hippies in the 60s must have felt. It was kinda depressing. A lot of muscians lost their way in the 80s. Look at what happened to miles davis and his micheal jackson cover songs

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome