Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 16,226
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post

I'm willing to bet that a lot of the vitriol being spewed has to do with his extraordinary fortune. Notwithstanding the loss of his Neverland ranch, Mr. Jackson continued to lead a luxurious life: he had been renting a mansion located in Holmby Hills at a monthly rate of $100,000 at the time of his death. You do the math. People hate the fact that he spent the equivalent of their life savings in a single shopping outing.
I can't imagine anyone renting anything to MJ these days without cash up front. My guess is that he was paying the rent with his advance on concerts that were never going to happen. The suckers that bought the tickets were paying the rent.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #212 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned!
 
prima donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,319
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I can't imagine anyone renting anything to MJ these days without cash up front. My guess is that he was paying the rent with his advance on concerts that were never going to happen. The suckers that bought the tickets were paying the rent.
Jackson was still bringing in millions annually. In fact, a financial expert featured on Geraldo Rivera's show put the number at around $21,000,000. Problem is, the expenses needed to maintain the Neverland ranch were too steep -- being poor in Michael Jackson's world isn't the same as being poor in an ordinary man's world.

As to the $140 million BOA loan, well, his Beatles share is guaranteed collateral. Not so sure about the other debts ($400million I've heard), but I do know that his Beatles share is said to be worth around 1 billion.
prima donna is offline  
post #213 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered User
 
MJ angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 64
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I can't imagine anyone renting anything to MJ these days without cash up front. My guess is that he was paying the rent with his advance on concerts that were never going to happen. The suckers that bought the tickets were paying the rent.
oh..just my limited written english prevent me to express all the things i would like. Anyway .. as you said " My guess" so no drama , again speculation on and on ..

@prima , just to precise something . The ATV catalogue is not only all about the BEATLES ,it just that the Beatles are more well known .

It contains also thousand of other popular artists like eminem , beyonce , rihanna , and .. thousand of artists ; its means when you listen to a beyonce song a part goes to michael pocket ...mj also owns a part of Elvis catalogue .

People just dont know that he was also an incredible business man and keep on saying the crappy "he is broke" they have been brainwashed from the media ..its so more sensational ..telling the truth to the world is not cool and not enough sensational above when its about michael Jackson .

Last edited by MJ angel; 06-26-2009 at 09:10 PM.
MJ angel is offline  
post #214 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Sadly good, can't believe what he done to some children.
Certinfy is offline  
post #215 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

His madness did justice to his talent.
Just a genius.

"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline  
post #216 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,748
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
I think we're in the minority here.
Oh no I think you said it quite well for me.. He was a very very disturbed man however you want to look at it.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #217 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,748
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ angel View Post
oh..just my limited written english prevent me to express all the things i would like. Anyway .. as you said " My guess" so no drama , again speculation on and on ..

@prima , just to precise something . The ATV catalogue is not only all about the BEATLES ,it just that the Beatles are more well known .

It contains also thousand of other popular artists like eminem , beyonce , rihanna , and .. thousand of artists ; its means when you listen to a beyonce song a part goes to michael pocket ...mj also owns a part of Elvis catalogue .

People just dont know that he was also an incredible business man and keep on saying the crappy "he is broke" they have been brainwashed from the media ..its so more sensational ..telling the truth to the world is not cool and not enough sensational above when its about michael Jackson .
I heard last night that he did not make much money from these catolgues any more as he had mortaged them all; ie the bank gets paid first.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #218 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM
The King of Queens
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 44,187
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It was a previously-used line about Elvis, I think
Double ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Sadly good, can't believe what he done to some children.
K/O

LET'S GO!!
SLAMS: 3 TITLES, 8 finals, 10 semi-finals, 9 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 1 TITLE, 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 14 TITLES, 7 finals, 12 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 1 TITLE, 1 semi-final, 1 quarter-final...
WORLD #1: 38 weeks and counting...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 655-184...
TITLES: 45 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #219 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,748
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Jackson was still bringing in millions annually. In fact, a financial expert featured on Geraldo Rivera's show put the number at around $21,000,000. Problem is, the expenses needed to maintain the Neverland ranch were too steep -- being poor in Michael Jackson's world isn't the same as being poor in an ordinary man's world.

As to the $140 million BOA loan, well, his Beatles share is guaranteed collateral. Not so sure about the other debts ($400million I've heard), but I do know that his Beatles share is said to be worth around 1 billion.
I also heard that 2 years ago he had defaulted on Neverland and that it was now run by a business venture ( Capital something) that was putting money in it to clean it up since it was a wreck. He still owned a share of sorts.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #220 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

does Bilbo know?
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #221 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
A_Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montana, Bulgaria
Age: 32
Posts: 11,993
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

A_Skywalker is offline  
post #222 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered User
 
MJ angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 64
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I also heard that 2 years ago he had defaulted on Neverland and that it was now run by a business venture ( Capital something) that was putting money in it to clean it up since it was a wreck. He still owned a share of sorts.


Just "i heard ...heard..heard" , and then "eat..eat..eat" nothing coming from your own brain ...sorry but just the truth .. .


The answers are easy for a long time fan like me .

-Neverland is co-joint , he owns 50% of the ranch . He just couldnt keep a ranch thathe didnt want to live in anymore , he left the ranch 4 years ago the week after the trial . But Neverland represented so much for him that he couldnt sell all the ranch so its co-joint .

-The catalogue has not been mortgage , he still owns 50% ,which represent 1 billion dollard ..how often i have to say that .
MJ angel is offline  
post #223 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered User
 
MJ angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 64
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Oh no I think you said it quite well for me.. He was a very very disturbed man however you want to look at it.
again your own opinion ..
MJ angel is offline  
post #224 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 16,226
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
As to the $140 million BOA loan, well, his Beatles share is guaranteed collateral. Not so sure about the other debts ($400million I've heard), but I do know that his Beatles share is said to be worth around 1 billion.
NEWSWEEK reports that today's value of ATV/Sony may be as low as $500 million and that Jackson's share may have been diluted to 25%. Not good for a $400 million debt.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #225 of 862 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,748
                     
Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ angel View Post
again your own opinion ..
Of course it is This is a forum after all. And I don't go searching for my "heroes" just any old place. He was an entertainer which to me does not amount to much in my life. But I would never dare to tell you who and what to enjoy.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome