Hi, here I am.
I sit comfortably and I'm ready to answer your questions. Beside me, my black guard (embodied spirit of Eden) who keeps watch over my sincerity
Voo, nice to see that you are interested in a thread, though I can totally understand it that you asked not to answer that private questions
Hope these ones are ok:
1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) When did you start watching tennis?
4) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
5) Which Tiebreak do you consider as best of all time?
6) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
7) How would your friends describe you?
8) What do you value most in a person?
9) Which are your 10 favourite songs of all time?
10) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
11) What’s your philosophy of life?
12) Do you have any quirks?
13) What's the current best match up in tennis and which was the best one in the past?
14) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
1) Someone who knows the game very well, much more better than the previous president; I think a good former player in the early 40's would be the best choice but I don't know the candidates, so it's tough to say, generally I don't care, want to watch many dramatic matches with high level of play... actually any president hasn't impact on this
Djokovic - Australian Open and US Open,
Andy Murray - Wimbledon,
Roland Garros - a surprising winner, one-shot Grand Slam wonder
3) I started watching tennis October 19, 1990 when I was 10. I was sick, didn't go to school and was watching a quarterfinal match in Atwerp between Ivanisevic and Cash which the Croat won 1-6 7-6 7-5. I didn't know the rules but was fascinated with this match although I had seen fragments from several matches earlier. The following day I watched the semifinals and learnt the basic rules. Next week was tournament in Paris-Bercy and I had already a tennis notebook to write the scorelines. Unfortunately I haven't got my first tennis notebook
4) From all matches which I have seen in the last 19 years, I think the second semifinal of Compaq Grand Slam in Munich 1993 has been the best. Korda out of nowhere defeated the best player in the world then and the best tie-breaker of all time, Sampras 3-6 7-6(3) 3-6 7-6(10) 13-11. Sampras usually known as an amazingly strong mentally player, lost all sets that should've won. Was leading 6-3, 5:2*, had match points in the 4th and 5th set, 5 in all. Both players finished the match with cramps. Great tennis, extraordinary drama, within 4 hours 31 minutes.
5) The record (20-18) ties 5 players: Borg, Ivanisevic (won twice 20-18), Federer, Acasuso and Tsonga. I saw only Federer & Tsonga's tie-breaks but I think Borg's achievement is the most impressive because he won TB 20-18 in the set which was finished 9-8 not 7-6... But I can't tell which has been the best, don't know which criteria use to rate it.
6) Richard Krajicek was definitely my favorite player in years 1992-2003, so almost from beginning to the end of his career. I was extremely happy when he won Wimbledon '96 because I had been predicting it since 1992, the same story with Albert Costa and Gaston Gaudio, I knew they have to win Roland Garros someday...
I didn't like watch Krajicek's matches against Stich and Ivanisevic but I hadn't an opponent to enjoy him playing against.
7) Ask them if you want to know
It's impossible... I don't know what my friends think about me and how they would describe me.
8) Distance itself from moralizing the others.
9) I mentioned 5 songs in the specific thread and the choice is connected with some important periods in my life or occurrences.
Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
Pearl Jam - Black
INXS - Old World New World
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?
Van Morrison - Into the Mystic
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
R.E.M. - So. Central Rain
Duran Duran - Come Undone
U2 - Heartland
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
Best - high level of empathy
Worst - impatience
11) Go your own way, depending on private experiences with mixture of intuition and analysis
12) No, I don't
13) The best match up? - I don't know, the second part of the question is repeating of the question No. 4
14) I don't want to think about myself in 10 years time because I haven't got guarantee I will be alive then, everyday someone dies, so I'm surprised that I'm still alive
Thanks Eden for the questions.
Someone said I should change my avatar because it is scary
.Do you agree?
Which foreign languages do you know and which you'd like to learn?
Don't agree, your new avatar is interesting and isn't scary.
Hope I know my native language very well verbally and in writing, I can talk in English better than in Italian or German but unfortunately I don't know English well enough to talk about serious issues. I'd like to know 7 languages in all, also Spanish, Dutch and French. I can read simple texts in Dutch and Spanish, French is extremely difficult for me but I believe that decent knowledge of Italian and Spanish allows me to learn French as well, at least on the "reading-writing" level.