Clydey and Friends' Philosophical Paradise - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Is Hinduism more or less rational than the major religions?
It's more rational. 1 3.70%
It's less rational. 3 11.11%
It is no more and no less rational than any other religion ou there. 12 44.44%
I don't know enough about it to give an educated opinion. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Clydey and Friends' Philosophical Paradise

Let's move the discussion to this thread. Is there a moderator with the patience to move some of the posts from the ACC thread to here?

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire

Last edited by Clydey; 12-03-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Clydey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
Clydey really read your quote once again, the italic lines are the exact and the only things that you are doing.

Procreation and lesser species have always been an easy bait for the naive to categorize something as preferable or not to the species. But human species isn't and animal collective per se, civilization is far more complex than that, it is a big leap away from what is a human in term of 'species' therefore, Darwinian argument in its original or even slightly modernized form are never enough to clearly define a right path of humankind or the lesser parts of it, the dead-ends, while it seem quite sufficient when it comes to other animal species and their evolutionary path.
I suggest you concentrate more on your studies and your hobbies and a little less on forums like this, and if you consider my suggestion malicious or patronizing, please don't as i wish the same thing to myself, oh how i wish for it..
You're not getting it. I have said repeatedly that homosexuality is not wrong and that I am not prescribing Social Darwinism. I also did not suggest that there was a right path. My argument is purely an evolutionary one. It is other people who are taking me in a different direction.

It is a simple fact that homosexuals are much, much less likely to pass on their genes. You are taking the argument in a different direction completely. The only thing I have stated is that homosexuals are inferior from an evolutionary perspective. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not saying that they are worth less, nor am I advocating Social Darwinism. It is simply a fact that heterosexuals are more likely to pass on their genes.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #3 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
What's the argument then? This is something where "science" does fail at times in that it doesn't say -anything-; nothing you are saying is relevant to anyone anywhere in the world.

Pointless discussion isn't worth it when you can come out in a worse light afterwards.
There is no argument. Prima Donna stated a fact, but used incorrect terms. People misunderstood what he said about homosexuals being biologically inferior.

He simply meant that they are less likely to pass on their genes. What I am saying is separate to the gay marriage issue in the other thread. I joined in and attempted to clarify what I thought Prima Donna meant about biological inferiority. As he attested, I did clarify it.

It was at that point that people started foaming at the mouth, thinking I was calling homosexuals morally inferior.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #4 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
You need to do a lot more than playing Prima Trolla's game in order to be considered a clown worthy of ACC Final. The whole "biologically inferior" bullshit was spewed as an argument against gay marriage, it wasn't a discussion on Darwinism. If keeping gays from marrying is right due to their less likeness to pass on their genes, the same must be applied to a wide range of circumstances. For fairness' sake everyone must then take tests on fertility, male potency and so forth before getting a marriage license. No fuckíng one marrying here until they absolutely prove they can and will pass on their genes.
I haven't read the thread myself and considering that the topics discussed under a thread normally evolve quite a bit from page to page it wouldn't be so absurd of me to remark that he might not have meant it in that light. However, was it in reply to being awarded marriage rights, then yes, you are 100% correct and Prima is one bit AC.
Garson007 is offline  
post #5 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
There is no argument. Prima Donna stated a fact, but used incorrect terms. People misunderstood what he said about homosexuals being biologically inferior.

He simply meant that they are less likely to pass on their genes. What I am saying is separate to the gay marriage issue in the other thread. I joined in and attempted to clarify what I thought Prima Donna meant about biological inferiority. As he attested, I did clarify it.

It was at that point that people started foaming at the mouth, thinking I was calling homosexuals morally inferior.
I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that it has no relevance. I don't know how Prima came to creating this "biological inferior" debacle and still think that it was somehow relevant. Points of interest, while nice and all, is not useful when people are arguing something completely different and can only interpret what has been said negatively.

From what I understand Prima was out trolling, trying to lure people into a flame-fest. There really is no other explanation to bring this up. Unless, of course, he's once again thinking he has to show everyone just how delusional he is about his own intellect.
Garson007 is offline  
post #6 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that it has no relevance. I don't know how Prima came to creating this "biological inferior" debacle and still think that it was somehow relevant. Points of interest, while nice and all, is not useful when people are arguing something completely different and can only interpret what has been said negatively.

From what I understand Prima was out trolling, trying to lure people into a flame-fest. There really is no other explanation to bring this up. Unless, of course, he's once again thinking he has to show everyone just how delusional he is about his own intellect.
I don't think he was trolling. He aired some unpopular views (judging by how they were received on here), but he wasn't trolling.

I can't recall why it was relevant to the initial argument. I came in when someone raised Prima's statement in a completely different thread. I simply clarified what he meant. I didn't state anything radical. I lost count of how many times I said that I was referring purely to their capacity to procreate.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #7 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered User
 
LinkMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 30
Posts: 11,328
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

You are already out of the ACC, Clydey. Already started campaigning for next year?

Schweni

Lahm

Kroos :fuck you:
LinkMage is offline  
post #8 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
I haven't read the thread myself and considering that the topics discussed under a thread normally evolve quite a bit from page to page it wouldn't be so absurd of me to remark that he might not have meant it in that light. However, was it in reply to being awarded marriage rights, then yes, you are 100% correct and Prima is one bit AC.
It was the star point on Prima Trolla's defense of the ban on gay marriage.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #9 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered User
 
q.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City Wok
Posts: 1,903
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that it has no relevance. I don't know how Prima came to creating this "biological inferior" debacle and still think that it was somehow relevant. Points of interest, while nice and all, is not useful when people are arguing something completely different and can only interpret what has been said negatively.
everything that need to be said about this whole mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.
q.j. is offline  
post #10 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
You are already out of the ACC, Clydey. Already started campaigning for next year?
Yes, I'm campaigning for the ACC by stating basic facts.

Heterosexual people are more likely to reproduce.

Someone lock me up. I'm coming out with some real crazy shit.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #11 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
It was the star point on Prima Trolla's defense of the ban on gay marriage.
That's just retarded, not at all constitutional under the western world.
Garson007 is offline  
post #12 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
everything that need to be said about this whole mess.
I don't recall stating anything about relevance. I clarified what Prima Donna meant. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not responsible for others' poor reading comprehension. I simply could not have been any clearer.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #13 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Registered User
 
q.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City Wok
Posts: 1,903
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

wood from the trees, is that how you say it?

Good night clydey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.
q.j. is offline  
post #14 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
wood from the trees, is that how you say it?

Good night clydey
Just about right.

G'night.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #15 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Motherhater
 
RagingLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 35
Posts: 5,571
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Homosexuality is from what I understand not a genetic trait, and hence not a heritable trait. So evolution can't really work on it. If homosexuality was "evolutionarily inferior" it would have ceased to exist a long time ago.
RagingLamb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome