Clydey and Friends' Philosophical Paradise - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Is Hinduism more or less rational than the major religions?
It's more rational. 1 3.70%
It's less rational. 3 11.11%
It is no more and no less rational than any other religion ou there. 12 44.44%
I don't know enough about it to give an educated opinion. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered User
 
q.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City Wok
Posts: 1,903
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
My point was that homosexuals are less likely to reproduce. That's all. I simply clarified what Prima Donna was trying to say. From there, people started foaming at the mouth because they thought I was suggesting that homosexuals are morally and biologically inferior.

This was despite me stating explicitly that I was making no such claim.
this is ridiculous, prima donna started saying xy times that homosexuals are biologically inferior, and then started to explain himself that it is because of the fact that they cannot directly, through homosexual intercourse reproduce, and you are trying to validate his first remark by proving his second, extracting the original connotation from the first one, only to wind up giving meaning and validity to his first point.

Get a clue Clydey

or don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.

Last edited by q.j.; 11-30-2008 at 02:14 PM.
q.j. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Well there you go.

Like PD with his "I did nothing wrong!" assertions then admitting he used polemical devices to spark interest (translation: I post inflammatory remarks in emotive language to sucker people into responding), if you're going to use words like "inferior" in your assertions, which CAN BE taken as perjorative even you don't intend them to be in that context, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get a reaction. There are ways you could have expressed the sentiment without bringing controversy down upon your head.
scoobs is offline  
post #138 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
this is ridiculous, prima donna started saying xy times that homosexuals are biologically inferior, and then started to explain himself that it is because of the fact that they cannot directly, through homosexual intercourse reproduce, and you are trying to validate her first remark by proving her second, extracting it's original connotation from her first one, therefore giving meaning and validity to her first point.

Get a clue Clydey

or don't.
He said one thing and I clarified what I thought he meant. He confirmed that I was right. If he says that is in fact what he was getting at, who am I to doubt him? He knows what he meant. I can only attempt to clarify what I think he meant.

Take it up with him if you don't like it and quit acting like a spoiled brat.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #139 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Such a pointless discussion, all resulting from peoples' inability to understand a simple statement.
No, I think it's all resulting from your inability to state and, if needed, explain a point without resorting to pseudo-dialectical bullshit. If your point is based on things like "there is no conclusive proof that gayness is genetic, so it must be acquired" you can't expect people just to swallow your theory with a glass of water.

In other words: stick to what you know best. It's utterly clear that you don't know shit about evolution but luv a lenghty bullshiting spree. Parole parole parole....
JolánGagó is offline  
post #140 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well there you go.

Like PD with his "I did nothing wrong!" assertions then admitting he used polemical devices to spark interest (translation: I post inflammatory remarks in emotive language to sucker people into responding), if you're going to use words like "inferior" in your assertions, which CAN BE taken as perjorative even you don't intend them to be in that context, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get a reaction. There are ways you could have expressed the sentiment without bringing controversy down upon your head.
I repeated over and over that I was not suggesting that homosexuals are worth less than heterosexuals. I continuously emphasised that I was referring to the likelihood that they will reproduce. I am not responsible for peoples' inability to grasp the meaning of a simple statement. I used "inferior" in a very specific context. I made that absolutely clear.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #141 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
No, I think it's all resulting from your inability to state and, if needed, explain a point without resorting to pseudo-dialectical bullshit. If your point is based on things like "there is no conclusive proof that gayness is genetic, so it must be acquired" you can't expect people just to swallow your theory with a glass of water.

In other words: stick to what you know best. It's utterly clear that you don't know shit about evolution but luv a lenghty bullshiting spree. Parole parole parole....
Ok, I'll stop spouting pseudo-dialectical bullshit.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
post #142 of 699 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Good.
JolánGagó is offline  
post #143 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

I think that Feliciano Lopez is gay.
its.like.that is offline  
post #144 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 362
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
I think that Feliciano Lopez is gay.
And is he less likely to reproduce a davis cup effort like 2008 again.
opeth84 is offline  
post #145 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
F***ing have it
 
alfonsojose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Barranquilla (COL)
Age: 41
Posts: 16,952
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
You're not getting it. I have said repeatedly that homosexuality is not wrong and that I am not prescribing Social Darwinism. I also did not suggest that there was a right path. My argument is purely an evolutionary one. It is other people who are taking me in a different direction.

It is a simple fact that homosexuals are much, much less likely to pass on their genes. You are taking the argument in a different direction completely. The only thing I have stated is that homosexuals are inferior from an evolutionary perspective. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not saying that they are worth less, nor am I advocating Social Darwinism. It is simply a fact that heterosexuals are more likely to pass on their genes.
half of men i've met online are married with kids. Have you ever heard the word CLOSET?

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another" .. Madonna

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline  
post #146 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered User
 
GhostUnholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 1,453
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Clydey's just saying homosexuals are less reproductively fit, which could be true, if all heterosexual couples had kids and as alfonsojose said, if there were no closet homosexuals who were involved in hetero relationships, etc.

But, people started talking about heritability and why homosexuals wouldn't have dissappeared from the population, and such views are oversimplifications that assume the presence of a "homosexuality gene" or lack thereof.

Genetics are not black and white. Homosexuality could depend on a combination of many genes working together, that each individually yield a reproductive advantage, and thus the combination of allelles producing homosexuality could be created time and time again without fading from the population.

Second, lets consider homosexual men only for an second, because I don't know anything about the effect of hormones on females in the womb. Now consider, what if there were no "gay gene" per say, but instead whether or not a child came out as homosexual depended on the testosterone levels generated by the fetus in the womb (I think this is how it works?), or even depended on levels of simple amino acid hormones crossing the placenta from the mother. Obviously this is all just hypothetical speculation, but perhaps homosexuality could depend on a genes in the MOTHER that regulated the DEVELOPMENT of a child, not on its genetics.

As well, what about the issue of gene EXPRESSION vs. inheritance?

These mechanisms are too subtle for us to sit back and argue about without a good deal more research.
GhostUnholy is offline  
post #147 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

^^ Great post. You seem to know quite a bit about genetics and the influence of hormones on a child in the womb...

Are you a doc or a medical biologist (or studying)?

As for the 'homosexuals don't procreate'-opinion - like Alfonsojose said, there still is the CLOSET, and I don't think I am exaggerating if I state that the majority of gays is married with kids, if only regarding the large parts of this planet where being gay is still considered 'a sin', deviant behaviour, etc.

Just try coming out in Iran, for instance. You might well end up hanging from a rope.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #148 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 9,871
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
My point was that homosexuals are less likely to reproduce. That's all. I simply clarified what Prima Donna was trying to say. From there, people started foaming at the mouth because they thought I was suggesting that homosexuals are morally and biologically inferior.

This was despite me stating explicitly that I was making no such claim.
Are elderly couples, men with vasectomies and women on birth control biologically inferior?

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline  
post #149 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Are elderly couples, men with vasectomies and women on birth control biologically inferior?
Not even to mention the couples who decide to stay childfree, for very good reasons... obviously inferior people, not wanting to pass on their genes!

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #150 of 699 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Are elderly couples, men with vasectomies and women on birth control biologically inferior?
Quote where I said that homosexuals are biologically inferior.

Take your time. You'll need it.

'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome