U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Thumbs down U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A U.S. soldier convicted by a military court in the gang **** and murder of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her family was sentenced to 110 years in prison on Saturday, the Army said.

Pvt. Jesse Spielman, 22, received a dishonourable discharge after being found guilty of four counts of murder, ****, conspiracy to commit **** and housebreaking with the intent to commit **** by a military court at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.

Spielman was one of five soldiers charged in the March 2006 attack on the family in Mahmudiya, south of Baghdad. Three soldiers previously pleaded guilty in the case and were given sentences ranging from five to 100 years.

Spielman, the court found, participated in the planning of the attack as the soldiers drank whiskey and played cards, and acted as a lookout.

At the start of the weeklong hearing, Spielman pleaded guilty to wrongful touching of a corpse, arson, obstructing justice and violating rules against drinking alcohol in a war zone.

Sgt. Paul Cortez and Specialist James Barker were sentenced to 90 years and 100 years in prison, respectively.

The accused ringleader, former Pvt. Steven Green, was discharged from the Army for a "personality disorder" and awaits trial in a civilian court. He has pleaded not guilty and faces a possible death sentence.

Cortez and Barker, who both testified at Spielman's court-martial, admitted ****** the girl, Abeer Qassim al-Janabiat, and said Green shot her parents and younger sister. Green then ***** the girl and killed her, and they poured kerosene over her body and set it on fire in an attempt to hide evidence of the crime, they testified.

Another soldier, Pvt. Bryan Howard, admitted to monitoring radio traffic and was given a five-year sentence.

The killings outraged Iraqis and ratcheted up tension in the war zone.


http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200708...47c7853_1.html


Hope the one still on trial gets the death penalty
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 AM
country flag mtw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 1,062
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

This whole war is a big crime and genocide and all these mental ill people should get life imprisonment, most of all poltician, who attacked this poor country. And what about these american psychopaths - it seems that it is only top of the iceberg. Some criminals, who were cought and one case, which saw daylight. But this crimes are commited there day by day. And who plants bombs? Who leads airstrikes and attacks on civilians houses, who destroyed these mosques? It is likely made by these american psychopaths too. It is very sad picture of USA. If their soldiers are representatives of their nation, it seems that this state is a gang of pervert psychopaths. The relations and opinions of a nation is always built on grounds, what is done by leaders and representatives of it.
mtw is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
 
Rafa = Fed Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 5,067
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
This whole war is a big crime and genocide and all these mental ill people should get life imprisonment, most of all poltician, who attacked this poor country. And what about these american psychopaths - it seems that it is only top of the iceberg. Some criminals, who were cought and one case, which saw daylight. But this crimes are commited there day by day. And who plants bombs? Who leads airstrikes and attacks on civilians houses, who destroyed these mosques? It is likely made by these american psychopaths too. It is very sad picture of USA. If their soldiers are representatives of their nation, it seems that this state is a gang of pervert psychopaths. The relations and opinions of a nation is always built on grounds, what is done by leaders and representatives of it.



You are one of the few intelligent people left on MTF.
Most appear to be racist or insane.

The ATP deserves a better class of player, and I'm gonna give it to 'em - Djoker

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009


Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,785
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

mtw, shut the fuck up about the USA. You know absolutely nothing about our country, and stop pretending like you do. We are not a country of perverted psycopaths

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
mtw, shut the fuck up about the USA. You know absolutely nothing about our country, and stop pretending like you do. We are not a country of perverted psycopaths
no one said Americans were perverted


did you actually read the report?
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,785
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
no one said Americans were perverted


did you actually read the report?
Yes, i read the report, and that is absolutely sickening, those soldiers should get the harshest penalties available. But the actions of a few of them, to mtw, must mean that it is representative of the USA as a whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
This whole war is a big crime and genocide and all these mental ill people should get life imprisonment, most of all poltician, who attacked this poor country. And what about these american psychopaths - it seems that it is only top of the iceberg. Some criminals, who were cought and one case, which saw daylight. But this crimes are commited there day by day. And who plants bombs? Who leads airstrikes and attacks on civilians houses, who destroyed these mosques? It is likely made by these american psychopaths too. It is very sad picture of USA. If their soldiers are representatives of their nation, it seems that this state is a gang of pervert psychopaths. The relations and opinions of a nation is always built on grounds, what is done by leaders and representatives of it.
And yeah, safin rules, she did say pervert psychopaths

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Yes, i read the report, and that is absolutely sickening, those soldiers should get the harshest penalties available. But the actions of a few of them, to mtw, must mean that it is representative of the USA as a whole



And yeah, safin rules, she did say pervert psychopaths
fair enough, i must have missed that part of her retarded rant.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
This whole war is a big crime and genocide and all these mental ill people should get life imprisonment, most of all poltician, who attacked this poor country. And what about these american psychopaths - it seems that it is only top of the iceberg. Some criminals, who were cought and one case, which saw daylight. But this crimes are commited there day by day. And who plants bombs? Who leads airstrikes and attacks on civilians houses, who destroyed these mosques? It is likely made by these american psychopaths too. It is very sad picture of USA. If their soldiers are representatives of their nation, it seems that this state is a gang of pervert psychopaths. The relations and opinions of a nation is always built on grounds, what is done by leaders and representatives of it.
no its not, if USA was killing civilians on purpose it would be. 3 or 4 soldiers killing and ****** is not genocide.
poor country? its not a poor country, the people are poor, because Saddam built billion $ houses from oil money.

owned

El Legenda is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
 
Rafa = Fed Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 5,067
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Ljubo! View Post
no its not, if USA was killing civilians on purpose it would be. 3 or 4 soldiers killing and ****** is not genocide.
poor country? its not a poor country, the people are poor, because Saddam built billion $ houses from oil money.

owned
And now US is stealing their oil.

Saddam and US are equally evil and both screwed the Iraqi people.

The ATP deserves a better class of player, and I'm gonna give it to 'em - Djoker

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009


Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
And now US is stealing their oil.

Saddam and US are equally evil and both screwed the Iraqi people.
show me that US is stealing oil.

El Legenda is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 14,048
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

i'll never understand how violence & sex can be so interchangeable in the male mind.

I know that **** is not sex but it is sexual in nature, how do you go from...grief/anger/retaliation to gang ****** a 14 year old???

disgusting.
partygirl is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
i'll never understand how violence & sex can be so interchangeable in the male mind.

I know that **** is not sex but it is sexual in nature, how do you go from...grief/anger/retaliation to gang ****** a 14 year old???

disgusting.
when you hve the feeling of power and total control as they did - they thought they could get away with it. It's a very sad story really - i'm just happy justice was done
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered User
 
Sjengster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Somewhere fairly shingly
Age: 31
Posts: 11,359
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
i'll never understand how violence & sex can be so interchangeable in the male mind.

I know that **** is not sex but it is sexual in nature, how do you go from...grief/anger/retaliation to gang ****** a 14 year old???

disgusting.
Some male minds, rather than the male mind, would be a more appropriate way of describing it. They're certainly not interchangeable in my mind.

The Wit and Wisdom of the Tennis Journalist, Indian Wells 2004

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
JustJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 27
Posts: 2,765
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

It is sickening to think that there are people willing to take advantage of some of the most exposed and defenceless people in the world...and exploiting them in such a manner is beyond repent.
But also to think that these few represent an entire nation is extremely misguided...
JustJames is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered User
 
FiBeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CapFed, Bs. As.
Posts: 29,033
                     
Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

ok..so we started with ****..and people are bringing up oil

I could pop in the discussion.. ..

but i probably wont get to anywhere..

the big picture is missed..because people are defending their flag, dont read any newspapers (except from those totally subjective), and dont know how to read between lines..

anyway.. it is horrible.. war is horrible.. and doing something like this "to defend a country" is horrible..

there are people ,somewhere, who think that that soldier is a hero..and that is concerning

Entrá a http://batennis.com/

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome