Heterosexual discrimination - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM
country flag Fee
Registered User
 
Fee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern California.
Posts: 17,866
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Great posts in this thread from you. You're right about this. I think Paul has a few issues that he needs to work out, he obviously has a bit of resentment towards "gay culture." This isn't the first time it's popped up.

You're right that we've been discriminated against and have had no choice but to build our own little subset of society. I agree that things must be done to protect gay establishments from harm, but I do think that banning people just because they are straight would be wrong. I, for one, think that if a straight person wants to go to a gay club just to have fun then it's great for both that person and the club. The ultimate goal should be to be able to have seamless integration of our subculture into society as a whole. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a straight person willingly interact with gay people in clubs and such.

Thank you Scotso.

I agree that this man should not be tossing every heterosexual out of his bar, or every lesbian for that matter, and I hope those comments from him came out of frustration and do not reflect what he will really do from now on. I personally love gay bars, I have had some of the most fun nights of my life at some, and I swear the drinks are always better.

Best twitter posts of the epic match:

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.



Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Please don't turn this thread into personal battle. Thank you!
Lee is offline  
post #33 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 AM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
The "they" you used is exactly why we need separate establishments in the first place.
they as in media, never assume.

El Legenda is offline  
post #34 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
they as in media, never assume.
That is not what you ment! You ment 'they' as in the gay communitiy

Whilst i disagree with the club owner discriminating on grounds of sexuality (because thats exactly what he's doing) - its not just against heterosexuals but also lesbians and anyone else whom he deems a threat - so infact the thread title is not correct and in my view only started to cause resentment - and judging by some of the posts in here it succeded.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #35 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 88
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

In a perfect world, gay people wouldn't need to do that, but we're not in a perfect world. Let me explain :

How many times have you ever seen 2 guys kissing each other, holding each other's hands on the street, in a "normal" bar or in a hotel ?

Or have you ever seen a gay couple in ice-skating at the Olympics ?

I think banning heterosexuals from this hotel is a bad thing (and I don't understand why lesbians are banned too), but, in the world we live in, gay people need places of their own where they're "free".
justine&coria is offline  
post #36 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
That is not what you ment! You ment 'they' as in the gay communitiy

.
welcome to MTF, people telling you what you think.

El Legenda is offline  
post #37 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHF-DB View Post
welcome to MTF, people telling you what you think.
it is obvious you ment that nnice try in trying to get out of it though
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #38 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered User
 
Mistaflava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,451
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

The only girls who hang out with gay guys or go to gay bars are the insecure ones.

Believe it or not I don't have a problem at all with gay guys. I don't agree with gay marriage, I don't agree with gay parenting but like I said, I have never and will never treat a gay guy any different than I would someone else.

However, when we talk about minorities, don't include Jews, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Purples, Greens and Yellows in the same category as gay people. It's an entirely different story because gay people choose their lifestyle and have their own preferences. You do not chose what colour your skin is at birth so it's totally different.

Anyways...I know some of you don't believe me but I don't care. I can make fun of gay people and it doesn't mean im homophobic and its nothing like being racist or sexist for that matter. Two different ballgames.
Mistaflava is offline  
post #39 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
The only girls who hang out with gay guys or go to gay bars are the insecure ones.

Believe it or not I don't have a problem at all with gay guys. I don't agree with gay marriage, I don't agree with gay parenting but like I said, I have never and will never treat a gay guy any different than I would someone else.

However, when we talk about minorities, don't include Jews, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Purples, Greens and Yellows in the same category as gay people. It's an entirely different story because gay people choose their lifestyle and have their own preferences. You do not chose what colour your skin is at birth so it's totally different.

Anyways...I know some of you don't believe me but I don't care. I can make fun of gay people and it doesn't mean im homophobic and its nothing like being racist or sexist for that matter. Two different ballgames.

if you make fun of people it normally means you dont like them
And if you didnt have a problem with gay people whats wrong with gay marriage or parenting??????

majorly moronistic post - despite its marginally good intentions
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #40 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered User
 
Mistaflava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,451
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
if you make fun of people it normally means you dont like them
And if you didnt have a problem with gay people whats wrong with gay marriage or parenting??????

majorly moronistic post - despite its marginally good intentions


There is a big difference between being gay, living the gay lifestyle, doing gay things and gay marriage/parenting.

It's just not right for a child to be brought up with two dads while everyone else has a mom and a dad or one or the other. It's just a bit messed up and I would love to hear how some kids turnout when they get older. They will always be subject to criticism and harassment at school and so on.

If I make fun of someone, it definitely does not mean I don't like them. I make fun of everyone, that's the way I am, I like to have fun. I make gay jokes all the time, call people gay...whatever...doesn't mean I have anything against gay people whatsoever. As for gay marriage...well its more that im against any church that endorses gay marriage...that doesn't belong in any church. It was Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve or Eve and Julia. Get my drift?

Can I ask why gay people need to get married if its not for religious purposes? Is it to claim their partner as theirs and theirs only?
Mistaflava is offline  
post #41 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
However, when we talk about minorities, don't include Jews, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Purples, Greens and Yellows in the same category as gay people. It's an entirely different story because gay people choose their lifestyle and have their own preferences. You do not chose what colour your skin is at birth so it's totally different.
I advise you to do some reading up on modern biological/medical insights on this matter. Being gay is, unlike some activists thought way back in the 60's-70's of the 20th century, NOT AT ALL a free choice.
Many of them struggle with being gay, sometimes during their entire lives (think of religiously oppressed groups, for instance).
You truly think that's a 'free choice' they made?

I want to make clear that I do know that there are people adopting a 'gay lifestyle' for whatever reason - they're bisexual, think it's 'cool' or whatever - but when one is BORN gay, that's how you are. No choice whatsoever.

And now I'm out of here, because I don't want to end up somewhere in the mudslinging contest that this thread may well turn into.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #42 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
Can I ask why gay people need to get married if its not for religious purposes? Is it to claim their partner as theirs and theirs only?
Might it not well be for EXACTLY the SAME reasons heterosexuals get married?

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #43 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
There is a big difference between being gay, living the gay lifestyle, doing gay things and gay marriage/parenting.

It's just not right for a child to be brought up with two dads while everyone else has a mom and a dad or one or the other. It's just a bit messed up and I would love to hear how some kids turnout when they get older. They will always be subject to criticism and harassment at school and so on.

If I make fun of someone, it definitely does not mean I don't like them. I make fun of everyone, that's the way I am, I like to have fun. I make gay jokes all the time, call people gay...whatever...doesn't mean I have anything against gay people whatsoever. As for gay marriage...well its more that im against any church that endorses gay marriage...that doesn't belong in any church. It was Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve or Eve and Julia. Get my drift?

Can I ask why gay people need to get married if its not for religious purposes? Is it to claim their partner as theirs and theirs only?
please stop - it's getting more and more pathetic if you have nothing against gay people you wouldnt be writing this. And calling gay parenting messed up is just ignorance again - no evidence suggests that i have read states that the children experince any difference in love or attention.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #44 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
Might it not well be for EXACTLY the SAME reasons heterosexuals get married?
i guess love for gay people isn't as valued by mistaflava
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #45 of 132 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered User
 
Mistaflava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,451
                     
Re: Heterosexual discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
please stop - it's getting more and more pathetic if you have nothing against gay people you wouldnt be writing this. And calling gay parenting messed up is just ignorance again - no evidence suggests that i have read states that the children experince any difference in love or attention.


thats because it hasn't been around long enough for accurate results...
Mistaflava is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome