We're getting down to the wire now.
Once we get to the quarterfinals, I may have to adjust the picks a bit. Instead of making picks per day we will have to make picks per round. I'm still trying to determine if the QFs and SFs will be played on the same day or not. Will keep you posted. Good luck for Day Seven!
SUICIDE AUSTRALIA: DAY SEVEN PICKS!
How to play Suicide Tennis:
REMEMBER: Once you pick a player you cannot pick him again for the rest of the tournament.
- Go here to read the FAQ.
- You have until beginning of the day's match play to pick your player. Once matches have started, you cannot pick a player. Go here to see the GMT for when matches begin play.
- Pick one player per day (not per round) to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.
- If you pick a player who retires during matchplay or suddenly withdraws before a match, you are out.
- If you pick a player whose match is rescheduled for the next day, your original pick still stands.
- No changing your mind! Once you've picked a player, it sticks.
- Please make your pick in a timely fashion. Game hostess reserves the right to disqualify a participant if she feels that the late pick rule is being abused.
- In order to avoid confusion, please name your pick by the player's last name. NO nicknames or first names. In the case where players share the same last name (e.g. Rochus) please use the player's first initial as well (e.g. C. Rochus).
- Here's a tool to help you figure out time zones (Melbourne)
- VCASH AWARD FOR WINNER(S)! Bank Of MTF is offering a vcash award to the lucky winner(s) of Suicide Australia. Multiple winners will split the prize.
- in order to win this vcash pot, the winner(s) must have picked a player to win every day of the tournament; no sick/off days allowed.
- no stragglers allowed in after the first day of match play is completed.
- no doubles matches will be included in this game.
- Good luck
Matches begin at 11:00am local (Melbourne) time. You have until then to make your pick.
AUSTRALIAN OPEN OOP - DAY SEVEN - Sunday, Jan 22, 2006
Andy Roddick v Marcos Baghdatis
Ivan Ljubicic v Thomas Johansson
David Nalbandian v Tommy Robredo
David Ferrer v Fabrice Santoro
SUICIDE AUSTRALIA DAY SEVEN PICKS:
(previous days' picks are in parenthesis)
416_Life - (Nieminen, Andreev, Ljubicic, Horna, Baghdatis, Mathieu)
Björki - (Wawrinka, Hrbaty, Nieminen, Andreev, Baghdatis, Chela) Ferrer
Bolar Bolabi - (Kohlschreiber, Phau, Nieminen, Ferrero, Johansson, Haas) Ferrer
coreyschucky - (Moodie, Sanguinetti, Nieminen, Andreev, Johansson, Haas) Ferrer
DeccyB123 - (Johansson, Andreev, Blake, Horna, Baghdatis, Chela) Santoro
JBrocks - (Moodie, Hrbaty, Ferrer, Ferrero, Santoro, Haas) Johansson
JerrySienfeld - (Nieminen, Hrbaty, Ljubicic, Ferrero, Johansson, Haas) Nalbandian
keqtqiadv - (Gaudio, Sanguinetti, Ferrer, Hrbaty, Baghdatis, Chela) Johansson
kfh_9118 - (Nieminen, O. Rochus, Ferrer, Mirnyi, Johansson, Haas) Ljubicic
LaTenista - (Benneteau, Monaco, Nieminen, Horna, Baghdatis, Mathieu) Johansson
Melvins - (Stepanek, Hrbaty, Ljubicic, Andreev, Baghdatis, Haas) Ferrer
ostm89 - (Wawrinka, Hrbaty, Nieminen, Horna, Johansson, Haas) Ferrer
PaulieM - (Lopez, Phau, Nieminen, Hrbaty, Baghdatis, Haas) Ferrer
pommyNT - (Wawrinka, Phau, Nieminen, Ferrero, Johansson, Haas) Ferrer
Princesa! - (Benneteau, Sanguinetti, Nieminen, Ferrero, Baghdatis, Haas) Nalbandian
Rosie - (Stepanek, Hrbaty, Nieminen, Andreev, Baghdatis, Chela) Ferrer
Shotgun Blues - (Muller, Phau, Blake, Coria, Baghdatis, Davydenko) Ljubicic
superhoops - (Wawrinka, Sanguinetti, Nieminen, Andreev, Baghdatis, Haas) Ferrer