♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - SF loss to Murray 4-6 7-6(5) 3-6 7-6(2) 2-6 - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,225
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Another night match is great. I'll be able to see all of Roger's matches during this AO which has not happened since forever . Go, Fed!


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,886
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Another night match is great. I'll be able to see all of Roger's matches during this AO which has not happened since forever . Go, Fed!
Unloyal

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #333 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,884
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Unloyal
I wouldn't say that, Looner is a loyal Fed fan from all I can see. And this is Fed forum, you know. We welcome fans of Fed who rate other players even higher, but from what I've seen from you in GM I think Murray forum, Djokovic forum or Del Potro forum would be more to your liking.
Litotes is offline  
post #334 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,886
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I wouldn't say that, Looner is a loyal Fed fan from all I can see. And this is Fed forum, you know. We welcome fans of Fed who rate other players even higher, but from what I've seen from you in GM I think Murray forum, Djokovic forum or Del Potro forum would be more to your liking.
I like feds matches. Never denied that. Sorry I thought this was a GM thread. Apologies.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #335 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,225
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Unloyal

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App
More like I can't withstand the ridiculous time demands of non-European GSs .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #336 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,886
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
More like I can't withstand the ridiculous time demands of non-European GSs .
Do you work/study?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using VerticalSports.Com App

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #337 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,350
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Allez Roger~!!!
SUKTUEN is offline  
post #338 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered User
 
Roger the Dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Between Roger's ears...
Posts: 8,137
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Another 'dangerous' dangerous player.

Hope Roger can get it done in straights but with Jo around, you never know.

BTW, I'm surprised that Roger enjoyed late sessions through AO so far and will do so tomorrow as well. Hope AO organizers don't pull a loonie stunt come SF and schedule Fed-Murray before Djoko-Ferrer. Safely assuming he'll get that far.

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

― Fr้d้ric Bastiat
[4 horsemen]
Roger the Dodger is offline  
post #339 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,340
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Another 'dangerous' dangerous player.

Hope Roger can get it done in straights but with Jo around, you never know.

BTW, I'm surprised that Roger enjoyed late sessions through AO so far and will do so tomorrow as well. Hope AO organizers don't pull a loonie stunt come SF and schedule Fed-Murray before Djoko-Ferrer. Safely assuming he'll get that far.
That will not happen.Compared to the other Grand Slams,here in Australia they play every day one part of the draw.So one semifinal will be thursday evening and the other will be played friday evening.

Big tennis Tv watcher since early 90`s
iriraz is offline  
post #340 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered User
 
mlrf11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

I don't enjoy Roger's playing in the night session for 2 reasons.
1/ Against Raonic he needed slower conditions but against Tsonga it's the opposite.
Tsonga needs some more time to get on the ball and prepare to manage his powerful shot, even he knows to hit great 3 meters over the baseline running winners but he can't use them to win the match, so as fast it is, I believe better it's for Roger.

Maybe the good for Roger is he can have a better returns on Jo's powerful serves. And if he can have very offensive returns on the 2ond serve Tsonga can drastically reduce his 1st one.

I love Tsonga but I hope in 3 sets win and if things go bad not more than 4 fast sets.

2/ The 2ond reason I don't like nigh session is because Murray has always played during the day and could have better feeling with such conditions while Roger played only his 1st round when he wasn't still at his best and than was when he offerer some BPs.

It's truth as well that Roger many times has showed his best tennis in the night, but in the night he had some tough loses (USO 2012 is the last). Let's hope for the best and believe in our man. I see him very focussed and now I see him the winner.

17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline  
post #341 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,947
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
2/ The 2ond reason I don't like nigh session is because Murray has always played during the day and could have better feeling with such conditions while Roger played only his 1st round when he wasn't still at his best and than was when he offerer some BPs.
the semifinal will be a night-session (start 19.30 local time as well) then it's Murray who actually fairly complains about that, but honestly considering his heaven draw (another injured player in QF) whereas Fed had dangerous opponents (even if Roger the Dodger, who loves ballbashers, has his opinions on that ), and that Tomic was in their half, Murray couldn't have had a night session on Laver arena, the only thing he could have had was a night-session on Hisense or Margaret Court arena, that's what he can fairly wish he had.

But anyway the conditions are specific in the end of this tournament, with colder weather than in the beginning then it will be specific anyway and favourable to Murray.

EDIT : the weather forecast have been corrected and it seems it will be better temperature for the semi than expected (22 celsius in the evening). And Djoko-Ferrer will be played under hot temperature.

It will be windy as well tomorrow for Fed-Tsonga match (and even more for Murray-Chardy, I can imagine the error fest it will be from J้r้my ), which is good for Roger as he likes more playing in the wind than Tsonga.

Last edited by duong; 01-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
duong is offline  
post #342 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,225
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

I'd love some rain in Melbourne in time for the SFs and final if RF gets there .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #343 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered User
 
Fed_Ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,777
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

I must admit, I'm pretty nervous.
Playing Raonic is good prep for Tsonga, right?
and this is their first real match since WTF finals 2011 ?
Gooo Rog
Fed_Ds is offline  
post #344 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,884
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
I must admit, I'm pretty nervous.
Playing Raonic is good prep for Tsonga, right?
and this is their first real match since WTF finals 2011 ?
Gooo Rog
Yes, Raonic should be a good prep. And relatively slow counts because of colder conditions should also favor Roger in this match. I'm a little nervous myself even so, this match feels less safe then the previous ones...but we always hope for the best Go Roger!

Funny to think, in 2011 Fed - Tsonga sets an all time ATP tour record with eight meetings, in 2012 they don't meet at all. I guess we're in for a more normal year in 2013 in this respect.
Litotes is offline  
post #345 of 854 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered User
 
mlrf11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
Posts: 1,076
                     
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
the semifinal will be a night-session (start 19.30 local time as well) then it's Murray who actually fairly complains about that, but honestly considering his heaven draw (another injured player in QF) whereas Fed had dangerous opponents (even if Roger the Dodger, who loves ballbashers, has his opinions on that ), and that Tomic was in their half, Murray couldn't have had a night session on Laver arena, the only thing he could have had was a night-session on Hisense or Margaret Court arena, that's what he can fairly wish he had.

But anyway the conditions are specific in the end of this tournament, with colder weather than in the beginning then it will be specific anyway and favourable to Murray.

EDIT : the weather forecast have been corrected and it seems it will be better temperature for the semi than expected (22 celsius in the evening). And Djoko-Ferrer will be played under hot temperature.

It will be windy as well tomorrow for Fed-Tsonga match (and even more for Murray-Chardy, I can imagine the error fest it will be from J้r้my ), which is good for Roger as he likes more playing in the wind than Tsonga.
Ok. The night SF is better from the "experience" point of view. I checked that the final is going to be at the night.

I hope tomorrow there is windy tomorrow at the day and it helps Jeremy.
After so a hard draw Roger deserves a little help and playing Chardy would be.

Usually during the evening the wind is few.

17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome