Eden asked me to start this thread, let's hope it will bring Roger good luck
Roger has played great tennis and won his last two tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai.
He had not played that great in february for many years (didn't play in february in 2008-2009-2010 especially, having physical problems), then there's hope he brings the good form to Indian Wells this time !
But he will have to adapt his game to a slower surface, grind more from the baseline.
His draw :
- R1 Kudla or Tursunov : Tursunov has been injured or out of form this year, the 19 year-old American Kudla might be Fed's opponent, he nearly beat Roddick a few weeks ago and had a good start of the year, number 90 in the Race at the moment, he's not a mug
- R32 : the big TEST Raonic
Very tough opponent, it may depend on a few big points.
- R16 : Melzer or Monfils or Davydenko : Monfils comes back from injury, Davydenko lost to Chiudinelli in Dubai, I trust more Melzer, who won Memphis, but who still has a broken toe and sometimes back problems
- QF : Del Potro or Ferrer or Verdasco
- SF : Nadal (or Tsonga, Tipsarevic, Dolgopolov ...)
Let's go Roger !!!