Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

 12Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,655
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

I like the new title of the thread (and of course like to see all those photos )


Bolelli |~| Pospisil
Chiudinelli |~| Federer


Nymeria is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,162
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Roger has one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen .... no, make that THE cutest smile - its so infectious. Even some of the UK tennis commentators drool over Roger's smile ...and they aren't female either!
Minnie is offline  
post #753 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,353
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

his hair is so beautiful!!!!!!

What the F***ing !!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline  
post #754 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Registered User
 
kissakiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 511
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

The Feder-bear.

First Roger imitating Feder-bear.










Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feder bear.jpg (91.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Feder bear 2.jpg (77.9 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg feder bear 3.jpg (74.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 18_5618364_1.jpg (89.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 0948301707.jpg (26.8 KB, 133 views)
kissakiss is offline  
post #755 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Registered User
 
kissakiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 511
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Current status: melted.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2259037889_89c15983e4_b.jpg (249.4 KB, 133 views)
kissakiss is offline  
post #756 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_fire View Post
Those hair...those eyes...
Anyone here actually met Roger? I've watched him play at the AO but to actually see him up close...I would totally faint...
I have. Twice.
I didn't faint () but had to work hard not to keep staring at him. Managed to keep my cool, just said "nice to meet you, good luck!" or something the like when we shook hands. As I didn't want to bother him further, I didn't ask for a picture or anything. I still regret this now, meh. Maybe I'll have another chance this year.

He is ever as gorgeous in real life as he is on the pictures. Even better I'd say. Lovely dark, warm eyes which just emanate his kindness and gratefulness towards his fans.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #757 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Awwww those fedbear pics are so cute

And I really love this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissakiss

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #758 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:50 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I have. Twice.
I didn't faint () but had to work hard not to keep staring at him. Managed to keep my cool, just said "nice to meet you, good luck!" or something the like when we shook hands. As I didn't want to bother him further, I didn't ask for a picture or anything. I still regret this now, meh. Maybe I'll have another chance this year.

He is ever as gorgeous in real life as he is on the pictures. Even better I'd say. Lovely dark, warm eyes which just emanate his kindness and gratefulness towards his fans.
Oh Karin you actually shook his hands?! Like for real? Like you actually touched his hand? How could you manage NOT to faint?

And just at the bolded part, so true!!!

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."

Last edited by Dini; 02-24-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Dini is offline  
post #759 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
biological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,385
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

ohhhh I love this thread the Federbear pics are sooo cute I have one of those, except not the giant ones he's cuddling

and that one of him in black, looking all wistful wow.

Karin I love your stories of meeting him, they make me so excited that one day I will too he sounds magical.

ROGER & JANKO & LE MAGICIEN & Stan & A-Rod & Novak & Rafa
biological is offline  
post #760 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Oh Karin you actually shook his hands?! Like for real? Like you actually touched his hand? How could you manage NOT to faint?

And just at the bolded part, so true!!!
Heheh. Well, he offered me his hand, so how could I refuse to accept?

Doris and me were very lucky in Halle last year. Doris was the carrier of the Red Envelope (fan messages from rf.com) there, but the problem of Halle is that you cannot go to watch the players practicing - the practicing courts are closed for the general public and hidden away behind a large fence and a bunch of bouncers there. So, meeting them is a matter of GOOD LUCK, just to catch them when the arrive or leave the practice courts.

Let's just say we were very lucky indeed. No massive mob of fans around like is the case when he 'officially' hands out autographs (where there'll be no chance of exchanging a few words with him, as everyone is pushing you there to leave as soon as you got yours) - but just the two of us, Roger, and a bodyguard (who didn't see much trouble in us ladies ).

So we indeed got the chance to have a short chat with him.
It all went by in a dream though - I can vaguely remember us being rather silent with HUGE smiles on our faces thereafter but not much more...

Oh, and of course I remember those eyes very, very well indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
ohhhh I love this thread the Federbear pics are sooo cute I have one of those, except not the giant ones he's cuddling

and that one of him in black, looking all wistful wow.

Karin I love your stories of meeting him, they make me so excited that one day I will too he sounds magical.
Go to a tournament and watch him practice... from my experience he usually takes his time to hand out a couple of autographs and the like. Even better - try to find out when he practices on centre court and kindly ask the security to let you in. Doris and me managed to do so in Hamburg, and we got a real nice close view on him in a further near to empty stadium.

Official autograph sessions are much more difficult - hundreds of pushy kids around, you know the drivel.

Oh, Federbear... don't you all love that HUGE version? A special edition made for the one and only real Federbear. I can well imagine him keeping the bear in a special place for his future kids to cuddle with - or maybe he even does so himself!

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #761 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
biological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,385
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Heheh. Well, he offered me his hand, so how could I refuse to accept?

Doris and me were very lucky in Halle last year. Doris was the carrier of the Red Envelope (fan messages from rf.com) there, but the problem of Halle is that you cannot go to watch the players practicing - the practicing courts are closed for the general public and hidden away behind a large fence and a bunch of bouncers there. So, meeting them is a matter of GOOD LUCK, just to catch them when the arrive or leave the practice courts.

Let's just say we were very lucky indeed. No massive mob of fans around like is the case when he 'officially' hands out autographs (where there'll be no chance of exchanging a few words with him, as everyone is pushing you there to leave as soon as you got yours) - but just the two of us, Roger, and a bodyguard (who didn't see much trouble in us ladies ).

So we indeed got the chance to have a short chat with him.
It all went by in a dream though - I can vaguely remember us being rather silent with HUGE smiles on our faces thereafter but not much more...

Oh, and of course I remember those eyes very, very well indeed...
private time with Roger that is an extremely ace story. I am very impressed that you managed to stay standing those eyes, in person wowza.

Quote:
Go to a tournament and watch him practice... from my experience he usually takes his time to hand out a couple of autographs and the like. Even better - try to find out when he practices on centre court and kindly ask the security to let you in. Doris and me managed to do so in Hamburg, and we got a real nice close view on him in a further near to empty stadium.

Official autograph sessions are much more difficult - hundreds of pushy kids around, you know the drivel.

Oh, Federbear... don't you all love that HUGE version? A special edition made for the one and only real Federbear. I can well imagine him keeping the bear in a special place for his future kids to cuddle with - or maybe he even does so himself!
I am pretty desperate to get to a tourney this year - I might be going to Wimbly (camping and that, with a ground pass probably - does that give access to practice courts do you know?) and maybe the finals in London, but other than that I don't know.
I would love to have a quiet chat with him without all the pressure of a big crowd not that I would have anything that made sense to say

I think he definitely cuddles his Federbear how could you not?! it's so massively cute. though I have to say, I think I would rather hug the original Fed

ROGER & JANKO & LE MAGICIEN & Stan & A-Rod & Novak & Rafa
biological is offline  
post #762 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
private time with Roger that is an extremely ace story. I am very impressed that you managed to stay standing those eyes, in person wowza.
- well, as you might know, I'm a bit 'older' than most around here, and having worked in the music business for a long time I've met plenty of 'stars' so I kinda know how to keep standing on my feet by now... but I have to admit, meeting Roger was one of the best experiences I've ever had for this matter.

He's just so... NORMAL.
Just a nice bloke you might meet out there on the streets, I didn't see any 'star behaviour' with him (apart from that bodyguard of course, but that's very normal nowadays - nobody would like to see a repeat of the Seles Drama, now would we? ) - and he shows this 'I'm just a normal guy'-image which made me feel very comfortable with him. I'm pretty sure that if people react 'normal' to the players, you'll get a 'normal' - i.e. friendly - reaction in return.
I witnessed a likewise behaviour by Rafa in Hamburg as well btw. Also a very normal, friendly guy.

Quote:
I am pretty desperate to get to a tourney this year - I might be going to Wimbly (camping and that, with a ground pass probably - does that give access to practice courts do you know?) and maybe the finals in London, but other than that I don't know.
Oh, how great if you'd indeed visit Wimbledon! I would like to myself, but it's so BIG... I have no idea how to get there, it's very expensive I heard, and I must admit that I feel more comfortable at the 'smaller' events (whether it is a tennis tournament or a rock concert).
But who knows what the future might bring...

As for a ground pass giving access to the practice courts - I wish I knew!
From what I've read it's different with the big tournaments than with the mickey mouse-events (where you can actually go where you want to go on your ticket, visit all the courts, etc.)... I'm sure there are people around who know though. Perhaps ask it in GM? (I know... -place).

Quote:
I would love to have a quiet chat with him without all the pressure of a big crowd not that I would have anything that made sense to say
Well you know - you suddenly meet him, and you have the opportunity of having a chat, but in reality, all you say are the stereotype 'Good Luck!'-sort of things. It wasn't much more than that... after all, can you imagine a fan asking him "well how did it feel, getting whiped off the court at RG two weeks ago?" in stead?
You just want to keep the conversation as pleasant as possible and not get in 'too deep', just to avoid any discomfort with the guy eh.

Quote:
I think he definitely cuddles his Federbear how could you not?! it's so massively cute. though I have to say, I think I would rather hug the original Fed
You just implanted some kind of image in my brain...
But I'd rather cuddle the REAL Fed as well LOL.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #763 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Stunning, gorgeous, miraculous.


"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
post #764 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Not getting much WORK done right now with this thread continuing like it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Stunning, gorgeous, miraculous.

As for all the good things of Feddie - his hair, his eyes, his... heavenly bod - this picture shows very well an often underrated part of his - those lovely cheeks! Now wouldn't you all like to pinch those? I know I would...

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #765 of 2344 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 PM
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 25
Posts: 19,148
                     
Re: Federitis Aid Network - a picture is a thousand treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post


As for all the good things of Feddie - his hair, his eyes, his... heavenly bod - this picture shows very well an often underrated part of his - those lovely cheeks! Now wouldn't you all like to pinch those? I know I would...
Right on the money there. I would so love to pinch those cheeks , what's more, I would like to give it a big kiss, one that leaves a red mark on ...*goes all red in the face*

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome