At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,350
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
I've had the chance to watch him at FO, Wimby (almost every year), Rome and Hamburg, once at Basel as well
I think I might go to the TMC this year as well, we'll have to see
you are so lucky!!!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

I know and I have to thank my grandpa for it, the guy has a pic with Rod Laver on 1962!
so we've been always huge tennis fans on my family and I have gotten the chance to watch tons of tournaments through the years

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #123 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,394
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
thankyou so much my LORD I will go to Shanghai this year again!!!!
How nice for you, that you will get the chance to see Roger again, Suk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
I've had the chance to watch him at FO, Wimby (almost every year), Rome and Hamburg, once at Basel as well
I think I might go to the TMC this year as well, we'll have to see
That's impressive When have you been to Hamburg? Did you liked the tournament?
Eden is offline  
post #124 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,350
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
How nice for you, that you will get the chance to see Roger again, Suk
Yes!!!!! Thankyou so much my LORD!!

but I don't know can I take pic with Roger again?
SUKTUEN is offline  
post #125 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
RogiFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,729
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

my update:

TMS Toronto 2008

barely saw Rogi play... well he lost to Simon in R2... I was numb after that match but I got to see Rogi and Stan play two doubles matches: R1 d Benneteau/Niemeyer and lost R2 vs. Dlouhy/Paes
PLUS I caught Rogi's practices [despite ALL the rain we had, which thwarted Rogi] -- fun to watch him practise w Moya and Ferru and a couple of Canucks -- Rogi always got amazing receptions, esp after his R2 loss

Hopp Rogi! Go Gonzo! Allez Gasquet!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline  
post #126 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

That's impressive When have you been to Hamburg? Did you liked the tournament?
I went to Hamburg for the first time in 2002, for the final match when Roger defeated Marat Safin and back in 2005 for the Federer-Gasquet match

It was really really nice, the Rothenbaum Tennis Center is a great place to be, much better than the Foro Italico, the Hamburg Marriott Hotel offers good packages for the AMS if you want to go, the more the merrier, I went with my family and some friends, we were 10 and the price was really good 'cuz we booked with enough advance

too bad Hamburg won't be a AMS next year

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #127 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,394
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
I went to Hamburg for the first time in 2002, for the final match when Roger defeated Marat Safin and back in 2005 for the Federer-Gasquet match

It was really really nice, the Rothenbaum Tennis Center is a great place to be, much better than the Foro Italico, the Hamburg Marriott Hotel offers good packages for the AMS if you want to go, the more the merrier, I went with my family and some friends, we were 10 and the price was really good 'cuz we booked with enough advance

too bad Hamburg won't be a AMS next year
Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much over there I don't live that far away from Hamburg and although I'm a huge tennis fan for nearly 25 years now I never went to a tournament before last year. I didn't wanted to waste the opportunity to see Roger playing live - I already missed to see my former favourite players.

It's really a shame that Hamburg is losing the Masters status The new date of the tournament doesn't fit into Roger's schedule and therefore he won't probably play there although he always stated how important this tournament is for him.
Eden is offline  
post #128 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much over there I don't live that far away from Hamburg and although I'm a huge tennis fan for nearly 25 years now I never went to a tournament before last year. I didn't wanted to waste the opportunity to see Roger playing live - I already missed to see my former favourite players.
That was MY main reason to go there this year as well, as you know.

Quote:
It's really a shame that Hamburg is losing the Masters status The new date of the tournament doesn't fit into Roger's schedule and therefore he won't probably play there although he always stated how important this tournament is for him.
Yep. BTW, it has been reported that the German tennis federation will go into appeal to this verdict, but to be honest - I give them about 0,000000001% chance of winning it.
Lovely, lovely tournament. So sad to know that I in fact visited the final opportunity to see my fav players playing there, as I'm pretty sure neither of them will participate there any more.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #129 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered User
 
*esther*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RendyRollerLUcoaster
Posts: 726
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

I'm going to miss his last exho in Kuala Lumpur on 18/11 as i'm still at Shanghai at that moment.

Oh well, i pray hard he would into the TMC's final so that i can see him again.

RogerFEDERER*AndyMURRAY*NovakDJOKOVIC*RichardGASQUET*MarioANCIC*KeiNISHIKORI*RendyLU*TomasBERDYCH

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline  
post #130 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,350
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

I will watch Roger first match in Shanghai this year!!!

GOD Bless Roger get healthy to go to Shanghai!!
SUKTUEN is offline  
post #131 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered User
 
Stawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Basel
Posts: 285
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
I will watch Roger first match in Shanghai this year!!!
Oh you're such a lucky person!

I saw him playing almost every year at the Davidoff Swiss Indoors in Basel. You gotta love this tournament <3. Two years he wasn't playing because of injuries, but he went to the court and said hello to the crowd

<3 Andy Roddick & Andy Murray <3

.Kei Nishikori.Stanislas Wawrinka.Richard Gasquet.Gilles Simon.Ernests Gulbis.

.& my personal heroes Fernando Gonzalez, David Nalbandian and Marin Cilic.
Stawa is offline  
post #132 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered User
 
SUKTUEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 27,350
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stawa View Post
Oh you're such a lucky person!

I saw him playing almost every year at the Davidoff Swiss Indoors in Basel. You gotta love this tournament <3. Two years he wasn't playing because of injuries, but he went to the court and said hello to the crowd
you live in Switzerland right? So you also have many chances to see Roger!!!
SUKTUEN is offline  
post #133 of 225 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered User
 
biological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,385
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

I never have Still, that might change this year if I can make Wimbly or TMC in London

ROGER & JANKO & LE MAGICIEN & Stan & A-Rod & Novak & Rafa
biological is offline  
post #134 of 225 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,394
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
I never have Still, that might change this year if I can make Wimbly or TMC in London
Sophie, hopefully you'll get the chance to see Roger playing live You will love it
Eden is offline  
post #135 of 225 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
RogiFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 21,729
                     
Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Basel08

I had the privilege of seeing Rogi not only practise and play in his hometown last year but also got to see him win Basel and play the best tennis in the final vs. Nalbandian!! Fantastic week! It is the best experience to be able to see Rogi play in Basel, in front of his fans and on a fast indoor hc.

R1 d Reynolds in a tough three-setter! 6-3 6-7(6) 6-3
R2 d Nieminen in two TBs 7-6(6) 7-6(1)
QF d Bolelli 6-2 6-3
SF d Lopez 63 62
F d Nalbandian 63 64!!! (for his third Basel title in a row!)

Hopp Rogi! Go Gonzo! Allez Gasquet!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome