Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Winner: Vasek POSPISIL] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,310
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddy96 View Post
Hopefully, if SE spots aren't filled up. Bester getting one here should be NID, grew up in North Vancouver, even more NID if Peliwo does indeed get an SE.
Well I think the rules says if you are playing Saturday then you can have a SE in the same geographical location in a challenger next week. There's both European and South American challengers next week so the only challenger this week that someone would be directed to Vancouver first for the SE is Lexington.

Klahn is already into Vancouver. Ward is 1 withdrawal out of getting in. He would get the SE first if nobody else withdraws in like the next hour or so. Duckworth could have gotten in but chose to sign up for Washington qualies instead. He probably gets one too if he wants, so Filip could be out of luck.(well he'd get the WC so whoever would have got his WC would have been out of luck). We'll see tomorrow I guess.

I'd be dissapointed if Bester didn't get one, home tournament, just back from injury, he's done well there before. Had it been a Canadian owned tournament he would, sadly I think Americans will probably get the other 2. I blame Frank for not signing up and using the WC which when he could have been in directly

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 4,120
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Well I think the rules says if you are playing Saturday then you can have a SE in the same geographical location in a challenger next week. There's both European and South American challengers next week so the only challenger this week that someone would be directed to Vancouver first for the SE is Lexington.

Klahn is already into Vancouver. Ward is 1 withdrawal out of getting in. He would get the SE first if nobody else withdraws in like the next hour or so. Duckworth could have gotten in but chose to sign up for Washington qualies instead. He probably gets one too if he wants, so Filip could be out of luck.(well he'd get the WC so whoever would have got his WC would have been out of luck). We'll see tomorrow I guess.

I'd be dissapointed if Bester didn't get one, home tournament, just back from injury, he's done well there before. Had it been a Canadian owned tournament he would, sadly I think Americans will probably get the other 2. I blame Frank for not signing up and using the WC which when he could have been in directly
Ducky isn't coming here, he got Wildcard into MD of Washington.
juddy96 is offline  
post #33 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,831
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
also if Frank was going to play he just should have signed up. That kind of thing always irritates me
What, why?

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #34 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,310
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
What, why?
because he could have gotten in on his own merit, instead now he's using one of the WC positions that could have gotten someone else deserving in with the WC.

If he's going to play just sign up when everyone else did. Imagine if everyone decided to not sign up and ask for a WC instead. Just as well to have it an invitational

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
post #35 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,468
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
also if Frank was going to play he just should have signed up. That kind of thing always irritates me
I know, its just dumb and selfish, really.

That said, I hope he does well.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #36 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 4,120
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Doubles WC to Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram.
juddy96 is offline  
post #37 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 4,120
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Qualifying Draw- 1st Round

(1) Benjamin Mitchell (AUS) d. Bye
Jonas Merckx (BEL) d. Alexander Day (CAN) 6-4 6-0
(WC) Raymond Sarmiento (USA) d. Bumpei Sato (JPN) 6-3 6-4
(8) Jason Jung (USA) d. (WC) Daniel Jaworsky (CAN) 6-0 6-0
(2) (WC) James McGee (IRL) d. Bye
(WC) Aaron Wong (CAN) d. (WC) Max Brown (CAN) 6-2 1-6 6-4
Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) d. Daniel Chu (CAN) 6-4 6-3
(5) Luke Saville (AUS) d. (WC) Kyryll Kryvchun (CAN) 6-2 6-2
(3) John-Patrick Smith (AUS) d. Bye
Jeff Dadamo (USA) d. Milan Pokrajac (CAN) 6-2 4-6 6-3
Greg Ouellette (USA) d. Kento Takeuchi (JPN) 6-2 6-2
(7) Clement Reix (FRA) d. Leon Frost (AUS) 7-6 6-2
(4) Erik Chvojka (CAN) d. Sebastian Lavie (NZL) 6-1 6-2
Frederik Nielsen (DEN) d. George Jecminek (CAN) 3-6 6-3 6-4
Ante Pavic (CRO) d. Purav Raja (IND) 7-6 6-3
(6) Nicolas Meister (USA) d. (WC) Felix Fan (CAN) 6-2 6-3

2nd Round

(1) Benjamin Mitchell (AUS) vs. Jonas Merckx (BEL)
(WC) Raymond Sarmiento (USA) vs. (8) Jason Jung (USA)
(2) (WC) James McGee (IRL) vs. (WC) Aaron Wong (CAN)
Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) vs. (5) Luke Saville (AUS)
(3) John-Patrick Smith (AUS) vs. Jeff Dadamo (USA)
Greg Ouellette (USA) vs. (7) Clement Reix (FRA)
(4) Erik Chvojka (CAN) vs. Frederik Nielsen (DEN)
Ante Pavic (CRO) vs. (6) Nicolas Meister (USA)
juddy96 is offline  
post #38 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Registered User
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 22
Posts: 1,374
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddy96 View Post
Qualifying Draw- 2nd Round

Ante Pavic (CRO) vs. (6) Nicolas Meister (USA)
26 24
26 44 / *15-40
to -> 26 64

Vamos Ante
Greco is offline  
post #39 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Saville winning 2 games against Wolmarans, yikes
Smoke944 is offline  
post #40 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,468
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Vasek seems to have recieved the easier half. Too bad Peliwo drew Dancevic. Bester got Rochus who has really sturggled.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #41 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,831
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I know, its just dumb and selfish, really.

That said, I hope he does well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
because he could have gotten in on his own merit, instead now he's using one of the WC positions that could have gotten someone else deserving in with the WC.

If he's going to play just sign up when everyone else did. Imagine if everyone decided to not sign up and ask for a WC instead. Just as well to have it an invitational
So what if he didn't sign up on time then decided to play later, surely he had his reasons.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #42 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,468
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
So what if he didn't sign up on time then decided to play later, surely he had his reasons.
Or he signs up for the event, and Chvojka gets a WC. Or Schnur. Whoever you want.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #43 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 AM
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS
 
Mae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Dark Side
Posts: 35,462
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Yes, this is an American challenger, not a Canadian one. It is just played in Canada.
I had never heard that before But at least they picked a nice country to play it in

“I have a, shall we say, morbid personality.”
― Novala Takemoto, Missin' (Novel)
Mae is offline  
post #44 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,831
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Or he signs up for the event, and Chvojka gets a WC. Or Schnur. Whoever you want.
I'm not disagreeing that this would obviously be better, but Peliwo got a SE so they did give another WC to Bester, so Frank's isn't such of a big deal.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #45 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 30
Posts: 77,058
                     
Re: Week 31: Vancouver, Canada [Entry List]

Donskoy v Evans. Let's see if Evans can repeat his victory earlier this year outside of Davis Cup context.

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome