Week 44 : Geneva (Winner : Marc Gicquel) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Extremely long rally ended by a dropshot winner from Olli.
Filo V. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Very tense rallies at the end of that tiebreak. Olli was the one willing to make the play and it payed off for him. From *4-6 down to a 9-7 tiebreak win and now we're into set three.
Filo V. is offline  
post #48 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Drop shot+BH passing shot from Olli to save BP serving for the match.
Filo V. is offline  
post #49 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 61,610
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

dutzee

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #50 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Kamke's saved two MPs this game.

Too many errors from Tobias today. Bachinger's been more entertaining to watch today than he usually is with some decent net play and good defense.
Filo V. is offline  
post #51 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered User
 
maldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Basel
Age: 27
Posts: 7,760
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherReigns View Post
Why does Raphael Mori alwalys receive a WC for Qualy in Gstaad and Geneva? He's got a real bad ranking in Switzerland. He's Nr. 3038 in Switzerland :-)

Perhaps I should ask also for a WC for these tournaments (I've got also a ranking like Mori)
I'm really wondering as well, I've no idea who he is...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Hope the tournament director Rosset makes it back to Geneva today after commentating in Basel.

Just a general post main draws are all in the OP and will be updated after the day's play. So just look at the first post, sorry it's not a millisecond after the last matches are complete that it's updated.
Rosset was around, he hasn't lost weight though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Drop shot+BH passing shot from Olli to save BP serving for the match.
I felt so sorry for Ehrat before, playing really well until 6-4 and then being too nervous to close the match. Great dropshot from Rochus at 7-7 in the TB

TT:
Titles: 2011: Recife CH, Johannesburg CH, Mons CH, Geneva CH; 2010: Aachen CH, 2009: St. Remy CH, 2008 US Open
PAW:
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline  
post #52 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Bachinger def. Kamke 6-2 7-6(1)

Good match overall from Bachinger. Kamke too inconsistent, couldn't finish points off without errors.
Filo V. is offline  
post #53 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,249
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Bachinger def. Kamke 6-2 7-6(1)

Good match overall from Bachinger. Kamke too inconsistent, couldn't finish points off without errors.
Don't you dislike Bachinger, he's maybe not one of my favorites either, but ballbashers like Kamke can easily have an off day, Bachinger is the smarter player here I think who can outgrind Kamke, he really doesn't have to do much if Kamke's making errors.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #54 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Don't you dislike Bachinger, he's maybe not one of my favorites either, but ballbashers like Kamke can easily have an off day, Bachinger is the smarter player here I think who can outgrind Kamke, he really doesn't have to do much if Kamke's making errors.
All true. Yes, I dislike Bachinger, he's usually very dull to watch. Bachinger definitely is the more cerebral player between these two, though, better defense too. Kamke has the shotmaking but as like you said, if it's not working he'll error himself into a loss.
Filo V. is offline  
post #55 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,249
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
All true. Yes, I dislike Bachinger, he's usually very dull to watch. Bachinger definitely is the more cerebral player between these two, though, better defense too. Kamke has the shotmaking but as like you said, if it's not working he'll error himself into a loss.
But at least you were right about Bachinger not being a top 100 player correct.

I don't really see Kamke as a guy who will be a mainstay of the top 100, most, if not all ballbashers have had a hard time staying top 100, as they are error prone, I am quite amazed how well Chardy has done, but I expect him to fall back next season, he most likely won't keep it up, he's like the new Golubev, or more recently Gulbis, unless he has something they and Kamke don't.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 10-29-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Transcender is offline  
post #56 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Chardy has a good serve and his weapons are naturally bigger than Kamke and Golubev, his rally ball is bigger. He has a slice BH he can use. He can volley. Also his best surface is clay and clay gives Chardy more time to attack.

Gulbis' problem is health+mental and his wonky forehand. It's harder to hide a wonky forehand than it is a wonky backhand. Chardy's BH isn't that good but his slice is decent enough to move the ball around to where he can hit a forehand.
Filo V. is offline  
post #57 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Kamke is a small guy who slaps the ball around like he's a big boy. He plays big man's tennis and that's not what he is. His serve is bad and he doesn't defend well. It's all slap slap slap, counterpunch attack. If that doesn't work, he's done.

But as much as I dislike him, I think he's a top 100 player.
Filo V. is offline  
post #58 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,249
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Kamke is a small guy who slaps the ball around like he's a big boy. He plays big man's tennis and that's not what he is. His serve is bad and he doesn't defend well. It's all slap slap slap, counterpunch attack. If that doesn't work, he's done.

But as much as I dislike him, I think he's a top 100 player.
I suppose Kamke isn't trying to hit a winner all the time, there is some thought.

He's too small for a power baseline/ballbashing game for sure, I suppose he should be playing like Bachinger.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say awhile back that in your eyes Kamke was not 100 worthy?

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #59 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,249
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Chardy has a good serve and his weapons are naturally bigger than Kamke and Golubev, his rally ball is bigger. He has a slice BH he can use. He can volley. Also his best surface is clay and clay gives Chardy more time to attack.

Gulbis' problem is health+mental and his wonky forehand. It's harder to hide a wonky forehand than it is a wonky backhand. Chardy's BH isn't that good but his slice is decent enough to move the ball around to where he can hit a forehand.
So Chardy has more variation and power to his game than the average ballbasher, I see.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #60 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Week 44 : Geneva (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I suppose Kamke isn't trying to hit a winner all the time, there is some thought.
He tries to hit the ball deep and move his opponents around with flat side-to-side shots, to set up a short ball he can put away. He's an offensive player for sure, an all-out attacker. There is some thought as there are with all players, but not much. He plays one way. He's not someone who can think and manufacture a way to winning.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say awhile back that in your eyes Kamke was not 100 worthy?
I probably did and I was wrong. He's not ATP worthy but he's better than almost all challenger players.
Filo V. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome