Week 20 : Fergana (Winner : Yuki Bhambri) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 78,044
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Great, Izak. Just continuing to underperform.

Wang really has a long way to go, eh?

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
 
ozfan44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,481
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

come on Brydan time to step it up and get some challenger wins and get that ranking back up...
ozfan44 is offline  
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 634
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Small prize money, small tournament, all the ingredients for some *surprising* results and Marco did not let the public down ;-)...I spoke to a local who told me that their local bookmaker was constantly reducing the odds on Ghedin due to people backing him. The closing odds were 1.4 for Chiudinelli which for those who don't know is extremely unusual and very big odds because you'd expect Chiudinelli to beat Ghedin comfortably 9 times out of 10. Ghedin went from 4.00 to 3.50 to 3.35 to 3.30 to 3.15 to 3.05 to 2.80. Consistent money going on Ghedin pre-match. And Chiudinelli led 4-1* in the final set too, which makes this even more of a joke.
jonnyboy21 is offline  
 
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,873
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

[9] Dustov > Matsukevitch 76(5) 61
[8] Molchanov > [Q] Duldaev 76(3) 61
Kirillov > Vardhan 46 62 64
Ghedin > [2] Chiudinelli 75 16 64

Marco still slumping big.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 78,044
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Not a pretty loss for Marco, but at least he loses to Ghedin on the Italian's best surface.

Farrukh

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,873
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
Not a pretty loss for Marco, but at least he loses to Ghedin on the Italian's best surface.

Farrukh
Hard is probably Marco's best too.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 78,044
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Hard is probably Marco's best too.
I left that out on purpose

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 634
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

You guys didn't read what I said? It likely had nothing to do with tennis. Marco picked up some nice easy money from a *suspicious* loss backed up by evidence of unusual betting activity pre-match. He would have made a loss by coming to Fergana (flight, hotel) and losing in 1st round otherwise.
jonnyboy21 is offline  
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,873
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
You guys didn't read what I said? It likely had nothing to do with tennis. Marco picked up some nice easy money from a *suspicious* loss backed up by evidence of unusual betting activity pre-match. He would have made a loss by coming to Fergana (flight, hotel) and losing in 1st round otherwise.


Where did you get this info anyway?

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Registered User
 
Crowdmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,207
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
Small prize money, small tournament, all the ingredients for some *surprising* results and Marco did not let the public down ;-)...I spoke to a local who told me that their local bookmaker was constantly reducing the odds on Ghedin due to people backing him. The closing odds were 1.4 for Chiudinelli which for those who don't know is extremely unusual and very big odds because you'd expect Chiudinelli to beat Ghedin comfortably 9 times out of 10. Ghedin went from 4.00 to 3.50 to 3.35 to 3.30 to 3.15 to 3.05 to 2.80. Consistent money going on Ghedin pre-match. And Chiudinelli led 4-1* in the final set too, which makes this even more of a joke.
This might and might not be true.
Ghedin is on those player's that makes living only on one type of surface.
Had some nice wins against player's like Bachinger, Greul, Niland.
Chudinelli is overrated mug, who got stuck with rankings where he actually belongs to.
He lost to Zang Z, just a few days ago in straights!
Beleive or not, but people were backing Ghedin on numerous different places (including myself)
that's how odd went down in general.

Now, obviosly you lost money betting on Marco and it seems uneccaptable, because he was 4-1 up in 3rd set.
How about myself loosing money on Nalbandian who was also 4-1 up in 3rd set against Seppi

IVAN DODIG
Crowdmaker is offline  
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User
 
ozfan44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,481
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Second Round

Bhambri def Inoyatov 6-0 6-2
Klein def Kravchuk 4-6 7-6(3) 6-0
Weintraub def Moser 6-4 7-5

Ratiwatana's def Uchiyama/Wang 6-1 6-4
ozfan44 is offline  
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 78,044
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
You guys didn't read what I said? It likely had nothing to do with tennis. Marco picked up some nice easy money from a *suspicious* loss backed up by evidence of unusual betting activity pre-match. He would have made a loss by coming to Fergana (flight, hotel) and losing in 1st round otherwise.
Having followed Marco for a long time, I think that a) this kind of attitude is not like him and b) this kind of loss is much like him.

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 AM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 31
Posts: 78,044
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Second Round

Bhambri def Inoyatov 6-0 6-2
Klein def Kravchuk 4-6 7-6(3) 6-0
Weintraub def Moser 6-4 7-5

Ratiwatana's def Uchiyama/Wang 6-1 6-4
That makes Izak's loss look even worse

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,873
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdmaker View Post
This might and might not be true.
Ghedin is on those player's that makes living only on one type of surface.
Had some nice wins against player's like Bachinger, Greul, Niland.
Chudinelli is overrated mug, who got stuck with rankings where he actually belongs to.
He lost to Zang Z, just a few days ago in straights!
Beleive or not, but people were backing Ghedin on numerous different places (including myself)
that's how odd went down in general.

Now, obviosly you lost money betting on Marco and it seems uneccaptable, because he was 4-1 up in 3rd set.
How about myself loosing money on Nalbandian who was also 4-1 up in 3rd set against Seppi
Another questionable result.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 96,590
                     
Re: Week 20 : Fergana (Entry List)

value was on ghedin, can't say that it wasn't. prematch odds were hilariously big and slumpinelli has been crap lately which made it 50-50, maybe 60-40 for the swiss.

ofc it's always suspicious when odds work in a weird way but i've been a witness myself too often when it's only taken from 1-2 influential gamblers in the country (or some closed forum) spotting a bet of high value and then the word spreads and odds go reverse, people sometimes unload in play even if the score goes different than expected (especially knowing how paranoid gamblers are and hundreds of people start to believe "it's fixed because odds move")

that's why it's so painfully difficult to really prove something... and it's significant how players are caught for fixing matches which odds lines didn't look suspicious at all, yet turns out they were fixed (the person who bought the match prob kept mouth shut instead of sharing bets on the closed forums from which info leaks out to everyone)

a few weeks ago marco was choking from unreal positions to bhambri as well but he won that one in the end.

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome