which country would u like to live in or visit? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Which countri would u like to live in or visit the most?
Australia 27 16.46%
USA 17 10.37%
Canada 15 9.15%
France 14 8.54%
Germany 7 4.27%
Spain 17 10.37%
Italy 14 8.54%
China 5 3.05%
Japan 6 3.66%
Other (plz specifi) 42 25.61%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,275
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Rwanda
Soon you will be starring in "The Last King of Bogans"

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Vault Hunter
 
Aenea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mad Max Land
Posts: 6,521
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

I have been to most countries in Europe so not interested in this part of the world.

Where I like to visit - any country that has interesting historical places to see like Mexico, India, Egypt, Peru etc. Unfortunately many of those countries are not safe to go to

Where I want to live - on a small, isolated island.

When I'm good, I'm very good...but when I'm bad, I'm better
Aenea is offline  
post #63 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

Well in terms of permanent residency, I would like to do so in Japan. I have gone many times since my mother is from Japan, and there are many great companies in Japan that I would love to work for after I finish my business degree here in the states.

However, out of the rest on the list, in terms of visiting, I would love to visit Italy. Several of my friends have gone and have loved the country (and the food), however, the people not so much which is perfect for me I could care less about people, my practically #1 priority for visiting any country is to eat their native food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I have been to most countries in Europe so not interested in this part of the world.

Where I like to visit - any country that has interesting historical places to see like Mexico, India, Egypt, Peru etc. Unfortunately many of those countries are not safe to go to

Where I want to live - on a small, isolated island.
Contrary to popular belief, most countries in the Middle East are fine. Even after September 11, I have gone to Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt and Palestine many, many times with not one single problem. Countries like Turkey and its neighbors are also great as well, although I have only been told this by friends. However, seeing that they are pretty Westernized and close to Europe would infer this anyways.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #64 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 17
Posts: 641
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

I would really like to go to Estonia. No reason why just want to in the future.
HawkAussie is offline  
post #65 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 33,928
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

I want to live in Bulgaria only, but I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand


Tennis Tipping 2016


Singles : 165 (Best 88) -
Doubles : 54 (Best 50) -

Finals CH

Singles : 4:4
Doubles : 10:9 CH (ATP 3:0)
dinkulpus is offline  
post #66 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pafos, Cyprus
Age: 29
Posts: 11,794
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

I would give one of my balls to come back to Lithuania! Just sayin...

Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline  
post #67 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Vault Hunter
 
Aenea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mad Max Land
Posts: 6,521
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Contrary to popular belief, most countries in the Middle East are fine. Even after September 11, I have gone to Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt and Palestine many, many times with not one single problem. Countries like Turkey and its neighbors are also great as well, although I have only been told this by friends. However, seeing that they are pretty Westernized and close to Europe would infer this anyways.
Luckily I am not an American citizen and 09/11 doesn't have anything to do with my visits to any country in the Middle East. But there have been assaults on tourists in Egypt, Mexico and some other countries and my mother is advising me not to go there.

Last Oct I have been to Istanbul for a week and I am very impressed with this city and its people. The city is pretty large, 20 mil living there I think, with many interesting places to see, very beautiful and people were kind and helpful. TBH I want to go to Turkey again for my summer vacation and I'd like to pick a small village this time around. I heard they had nice and beautiful and very clean resorts.

When I'm good, I'm very good...but when I'm bad, I'm better
Aenea is offline  
post #68 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
♥ eve ♥
 
R. Bachelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,816
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
However, out of the rest on the list, in terms of visiting, I would love to visit Italy. Several of my friends have gone and have loved the country (and the food), however, the people not so much which is perfect for me I could care less about people, my practically #1 priority for visiting any country is to eat their native food.
Nice local food is always an important factor when it comes to visiting a place imo and surely Italy has the best food in the world hands down.
R. Bachelot is offline  
post #69 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: which countri would u like to live in or visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Luckily I am not an American citizen and 09/11 doesn't have anything to do with my visits to any country in the Middle East. But there have been assaults on tourists in Egypt, Mexico and some other countries and my mother is advising me not to go there.

Last Oct I have been to Istanbul for a week and I am very impressed with this city and its people. The city is pretty large, 20 mil living there I think, with many interesting places to see, very beautiful and people were kind and helpful. TBH I want to go to Turkey again for my summer vacation and I'd like to pick a small village this time around. I heard they had nice and beautiful and very clean resorts.
Well Syria and Lebanon are great places to go, especially the latter since many speak English (and French) and it is pretty Westernized. Syria, is a little more traditional, however, there are many great historical places to visit. Whenever I go to Damascus, I always spend a few weeks in my grandmother's summer home in Kadmous which is a fantastic area where it is just full of lushes green vegetation and rolling hills everywhere. It gets a little cold and it is also slightly humid since it is near the sea, but it is perfect to escape the heat of the city. Also, the population in most areas is very limited, so it is also great to get away from people.

Here is a picture (not mine)



Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Nice local food is always an important factor when it comes to visiting a place imo and surely Italy has the best food in the world hands down.
I will certainly have to go. Maybe I'll plan it for the summer after I graduate.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #70 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

Visit: USA
Live: Germany and a little house to enjoy my summers in the south of France.

Kezzi is offline  
post #71 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Humor is reason gone mad
 
kinski76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 39
Posts: 895
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

Visit: I'd love to go trekking in the polar regions (Arctic/Antarctic). Besides that, I'd travel to any remote corner of the world, were I financially able. Middle East, Northern/Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. Anywhere I haven't already been, as well as most of the places I've already visited.

Live: Berlin, Prague, Istanbul, Stockholm, Helsinki or Tallinn. Having said that, I'm quite happy in Oslo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-happy mod
hi,

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?
kinski76 is online now  
post #72 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Registered User
 
angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,056
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

Greece

Si todos los derechos son reservados, ¿son todos los zurdos muy habladores?
angela is offline  
post #73 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,017
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

Australia.

And Greece.
Hian-GOAT is offline  
post #74 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Registered User
 
Nirjhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ghost Town
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

I would like to visit New Zealand, Greece, Australia and Italy.

ROGER FEDERER

82 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 23 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline  
post #75 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,524
                     
Re: which country would u like to live in or visit?

The alpes
Mjau! is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome