MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - New diary

Thread: New diary
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 11:59 PM
country flag esther

Re: New diary

best being seb offf coourrrseeee *fingers crossed*

*Sébastien, after beating you’re going to play the semis of Tokyo against Paradorn Srichaphan. For someone who hasn’t played for a month, it’s pretty good…
Yeah it’s not bad at all. Since the start of the tournament, I’ve had some pretty tough matches. In the first round, I played Karlovic, who only serves (? ). It went for more than 2 hours (2m08), and there weren’t any rallies. It was all about concentration. I had to wait for the right moment to be able to make a difference. But because there wasn’t a real rhythm in the match, I had a tough time trying to play consistently. Anyway, I’m really happy with my serving, I’ve served really well during the three matches.

*You played Hollandais Van Scheppingen second round.
That match wasn’t bad. There were many rallies. He’s a good player, he plays fast. We played a good match and I won in 2 sets 6-3, 7-6 (3). And today, against Gambill, it was a bit similar to that previous match against Van Scheppingen. I won the first set and then got broken early in the second but was able to break back straight away then was pushed to a tie break, where I had 5 aces (!). I served well at the end of the match.

*For the moment are you satisfied with your game?
Yeah, it’s alright. I’m serving well and I’m moving pretty well. But I’m not moving fast enough with my backhand in order to set up my forehand. Actually, the surface is faster. Even if we are playing indoors, it’s quite fast. I played guys who play fast, so there have been some ‘ping-pong’ type rallies. But yeah, for the moment I’ve played three good matches. Tomorrow against Srichaphan, it will be even harder.

So your elbow isn’t giving you any more problems?
Yeah it’s going well. I haven’t even thought about it. I’m serving well, so that’s definitely a positive sign. 6-3 7-5, I’ve been winning with that score since the start of the tournament! So tomorrow I’d be great if I could win with the same score. I’ll have to serve well and to win the important points.

He’s a player you have already played in the past?
Yeah, I lost to him 1 ½ years ago. He hits really strongly on both sides, he’s really powerful. It will be hard. To beat him, I’m going to have to really refine my game and vary my shots.

But since your last match, you aren’t the same player. You have progressed enourmously.
Yeah that’s true and that gives me confidence. For that reason, it’s going to be an interesting match.

So…I guess you don’t regret coming to Tokyo then…
We’ll see. If I win the tournament, yeah sure there won’t be any regrets. (laughs)

AWW

Séb Grosjean ; Arnaud Clément ; Guillermo Coria; Marcos Baghdatis; Jo Jo Tsonga
Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick are arrogant pigs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome