H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com
 11Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #466 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,206
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

All Denko's blows against Fed.

Code:
1) 2002	Milan		16	Carpet (I)	Federer	6-3 6-7(5) 7-5
2) 2004	Miami		64	Hard (O)	Federer	6-2 3-6 7-5
3) 2004	Olympics	64	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 5-7 6-1
4) 2005	Doha		SF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
5) 2005	Rotterdam	QF	Hard (I)	Federer	7-5 7-5
6) 2005	Hamburg		SF	Clay (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
7) 2006	Aussie Open	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-4 3-6 7-6(7) 7-6(5)
8) 2006	U.S. Open	SF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-1 7-5 6-4
9) 2007	French Open	SF	Clay (O)	Federer	7-5 7-6(5) 7-6(7)
10) 2007 U.S. Open	SF	Hard (O)	Federer	7-5 6-1 7-5
11) 2007 TMC		RR	Hard (I)	Federer	6-4 6-3
12) 2008 Estoril	F	Clay (O)	Federer	7-6(5) 1-2 ret.
13) 2009 TMC		SF	Hard (I)	Davydenko 6-2 4-6 7-5
14) 2010 Doha		SF	Hard (O)	Davydenko 6-4 6-4
15) 2010 Aussie Open	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	2-6 6-3 6-0 7-5
16) 2010 Cincinnati	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-4 7-5
17) 2011 Doha		F	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
18) 2012 Doha		32	Hard (O)	Federer 6-2 6-2
19) 2012 Rotterdam      SF      Hard (I)	Federer	4-6 6-3 6-4
Federer leads 17-2


1) Davydenko had a mini-match point at 5:5 in the 3rd set
2) Davydenko led *3:1, 5:4 in the 3rd set
7) Davydenko had 6 set points in the 3rd set
9) Davydenko led 4:2* (40-0) in the 1st set; *5:4 (30-30) in the 2nd and 5:2* (30-0) in the third - 3 set points later on
10) Davydenko led 3:1* (40-15) in the 1st set and had 2 set points in the 3rd
12) Davydenko had 2 set points
13) Federer had 5:4* (30-0) in the 3rd set
15) Davydenko led 3:1* (40-15) in the 2nd set and 4:3* (40-0) in the 4th
19) Davydenko led 3:1* in the 2nd set and had a triple-mini match point at 4:3 in the 3rd

stroke <- point <- game <- set <- MATCH -> round -> tournament -> season -> career
My favorite stats
Longest matches
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp

Last edited by Voo de Mar; 02-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Voo de Mar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #467 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 206
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
Clearly 'Duck' in tribute to Duck
fair enough
roelc is offline  
post #468 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 21
Posts: 4,571
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
All Denko's blows against Fed.

Code:
1) 2002	Milan		16	Carpet (I)	Federer	6-3 6-7(5) 7-5
2) 2004	Miami		64	Hard (O)	Federer	6-2 3-6 7-5
3) 2004	Olympics	64	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 5-7 6-1
4) 2005	Doha		SF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
5) 2005	Rotterdam	QF	Hard (I)	Federer	7-5 7-5
6) 2005	Hamburg		SF	Clay (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
7) 2006	Aussie Open	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-4 3-6 7-6(7) 7-6(5)
8) 2006	U.S. Open	SF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-1 7-5 6-4
9) 2007	French Open	SF	Clay (O)	Federer	7-5 7-6(5) 7-6(7)
10) 2007 U.S. Open	SF	Hard (O)	Federer	7-5 6-1 7-5
11) 2007 TMC		RR	Hard (I)	Federer	6-4 6-3
12) 2008 Estoril	F	Clay (O)	Federer	7-6(5) 1-2 ret.
13) 2009 TMC		SF	Hard (I)	Davydenko 6-2 4-6 7-5
14) 2010 Doha		SF	Hard (O)	Davydenko 6-4 6-4
15) 2010 Aussie Open	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	2-6 6-3 6-0 7-5
16) 2010 Cincinnati	QF	Hard (O)	Federer	6-4 7-5
17) 2011 Doha		F	Hard (O)	Federer	6-3 6-4
18) 2012 Doha		32	Hard (O)	Federer 6-2 6-2
19) 2012 Rotterdam      SF      Hard (I)	Federer	4-6 6-3 6-4
Federer leads 17-2


1) Davydenko had a mini-match point at 5:5 in the 3rd set
2) Davydenko led *3:1, 5:4 in the 3rd set
7) Davydenko had 6 set points in the 3rd set
9) Davydenko led 4:2* (40-0) in the 1st set; *5:4 (30-30) in the 2nd and 5:2* (30-0) in the third - 3 set points later on
10) Davydenko led 3:1* (40-15) in the 1st set and had 2 set points in the 3rd
12) Davydenko had 2 set points
13) Federer had 5:4* (30-0) in the 3rd set
15) Davydenko led 3:1* (40-15) in the 2nd set and 4:3* (40-0) in the 4th
19) Davydenko led 3:1* in the 2nd set and had a triple-mini match point at 4:3 in the 3rd
Actually Davydenko at 7) in the 3rd set in AO 2006 QF led 5-3 ..... + that 6 set points = OMFG !
TBkeeper is offline  
 
post #469 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,338
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by roelc View Post
fair enough
I think Duck should be left for 20s+. If Fed does get to 20+ over ARod that will make him the only duck ever. I think it's somewhat fitting. Somehow having Davy and Roddick in the same category regarding being owned by Fed does not sound right.
Looner is offline  
post #470 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,540
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

+15 might be Duck.
+20 is Ostrich. (The bigger the gap, the bigger the bird.) "Ostrich" also works as a tribute to heya, Roddick's biggest fan of all.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #471 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,428
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

any bird is too noble for roddick to be named after her

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
post #472 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered User
 
alter ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 5,133
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Time for a new turkey to be added.

R.Federer leads F.Lopez 10-0

Code:
2003 Wimbledon R16 Federer 7-6(5), 6-4, 6-4
2003 Madrid Q Federer 4-6, 7-6(3), 6-4
2004 Dubai F Federer 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
2005 Doha Q Federer 6-1, 6-2
2007 US Open R16 Federer 3-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-4
2007 Madrid Q Federer 7-6(4), 6-4
2008 Basel S Federer 6-3, 6-2
2011 Madrid R32 Federer 7-6(13), 6-7(1), 7-6(7)
2011 Roland Garros R128 Federer 6-3 6-4 7-6(2)
2012 Dubai R16 Federer 7-5 6-3

Roger Federer | Benoît Paire| Stanislas Wawrinka | Nick Kyrgios
alter ego is offline  
post #473 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Registered User
 
JediFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Antonio Texas
Age: 36
Posts: 8,524
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Lopez
Ferrer
Roddick
Hewitt
Ljubicic
Soderling
Nieminen
Gonzalez
Youzhny
Robredo
Davydenko

11 Turkeys. Connors even only has 8.

Federer - Emperor of the Slams, King of Hard, Lord of the Australian Open, Lord of Wimbledon.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline  
post #474 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 20,039
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Lopez
Ferrer
Roddick
Hewitt
Ljubicic
Soderling
Nieminen
Gonzalez
Youzhny
Robredo
Davydenko

11 Turkeys. Connors even only has 8.
some almost-Turkeys as well, 2 more meetings with Haas and he joins the illustrious group

don't have the others on mind right now
habibko is offline  
post #475 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered User
 
Arakasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 805
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Lopez
Ferrer
Roddick
Hewitt
Ljubicic
Soderling
Nieminen
Gonzalez
Youzhny
Robredo
Davydenko

11 Turkeys. Connors even only has 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
some almost-Turkeys as well, 2 more meetings with Haas and he joins the illustrious group

don't have the others on mind right now
A few soon to be turkeys:

1 match away
Stepanek 11-2
Wawrinka 10-1
Karlovic 10-1
Blake 10-1

2 matches away
Haas 10-2
Malisse 9-1
Seppi 8-0
Rochus 8-0
Arakasi is offline  
post #476 of 899 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Soon to be a turkey:

1 match away
9-18 Nadal
Jimnik is offline  
post #477 of 899 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,179
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Soon to be a turkey:

1 match away
9-18 Nadal
that will be the turkey of all turkeys.....
Start da Game is offline  
post #478 of 899 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Registered User
 
SheenKJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 246
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
that will be the turkey of all turkeys.....
Dont worry son Naldal will be soon takeover after getting his ass handed to him by djokovic in next 12 matches
SheenKJohn is offline  
post #479 of 899 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered User
 
Henry Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,751
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Potential turkification later today in Florianopolis when Ricardo Mello takes on Thiago Alves:

Code:
2001	Campos do Jordao 2 Challenger	         BRA	 Hard	 QF	 MELLO	 6-3 1-6 1-6
2001	Campinas Challenger	                 BRA	 Clay	 16	 MELLO	 3-6 3-6
2002	Salinas Challenger	                 ECU	 Hard	 SF	 MELLO	 4-6 2-6
2006	Aracaju Challenger	                 BRA	 Clay	 16	 MELLO	 2-6 3-6
2009	Sao Paulo Challenger	                 BRA	 Clay	 32	 MELLO	 7-6(1) 3-6 5-7
2010	Bangkok Challenger	                 THA	 Hard	 16	 ALVES	 4-2 RET
2010	Salvador Challenger	                 BRA	 Hard	 FR	 MELLO	 7-5 4-6 4-6
2010	Curitiba Challenger	                 BRA	 Clay	 SF	 MELLO	 4-6 3-6
2010	Sao Paulo Challenger	                 BRA	 Hard	 SF	 MELLO	 4-6 4-6
2011	Sao Jose Do Rio Preto Challenger	 BRA	 Clay	 SF	 MELLO	 3-6 2-6
2011	Campos do Jordao Challenger	         BRA	 Hard	 16	 MELLO	 6-7(2) 1-6
must be the least variety in a head to head ever. 12 meetings (after today), 10 in Brazilian Challengers. Only match outside South America only lasted half a set
Henry Chinaski is offline  
post #480 of 899 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: H2H Turkeys: When being a pigeon just isn't enough. 10+ differential required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
that will be the turkey of all turkeys.....
no that will be when Nole wins his next 3 finals v Nadal
Corey Feldman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome