Apparently Youzhny has pulled out due to injury
I guess that bandaging on his arm in the second round was the problem
Such a Shame i was confident he would reach the QF
I don't come here very much as I'm not a fan of Youzhny, but this special time I wanted him to win because he had done so good against Gasquet
From the AO site:
Youzhny out with wrist injury
Saturday 23 January 2010
By David Kilmartin
Russian Mikhail Youzhny has withdrawn from the men’s singles at Australian Open 2010 with a wrist injury. The No.20 seeded Russian said he was unable to recover from wrist pain that developed during the final stages of his five hour first round tussle with Frenchman Richard Gasquet.
"I cannot play backhand at all,” Youzhny explained on Saturday. “I can play little bit forehand, but still little bit pain.” Youzhny said he had felt the pain during his second round match against Czech Jan Hajek, even though he won convincingly 6-2 6-1 6-1.
Further medical treatment and pain-killers were unsuccessful in repairing the injury. This had been Youzhny’s tenth straight Australian Open. He said there had been no point testing his wrist out on court before today's match against Poland’s Lukasz Kubot.
“I understand it’s no chance to play well here ,“ he said, making the decision to withdraw after his doctor said that pain-killing injections and other treatment were futile and that further play could lead to a longer lay-off. “This is life sometimes. You have injury and you have to pull out if you cannot play.”
Youzhny’s withdrawal means that Kubot reaches the fourth round of a Grand Slam for the first time, setting up a potential encounter with world No. 3 Novak Djokovic should the Serb get past Denis Istomin. “Anything is possible,” said Kubot, when asked about his chances, “I’m looking forward to it.” Kubot says he had no inkling of Youzhny’s decision, going through his normal morning practice and preparations before the match. “It came as a total surprise.”
While wishing Mikhail well, Kubot said the turn of events would allow him to save energy. “I’m happy I’m having luck this year. I’m trying to enjoy every day out here in Australia.”
If Kubot does play Djokovic it will be a replay of last year’s ATP final in Serbia. Kubot was a lucky loser into the main draw of that event, before proceeding to knock out the second and third seeds, Igor Andreev and Ivo Karlovic, to reach his first final. Djokovic won the match 6-3 7-6(0).
Kubot credited the Belgrade final with resurrecting his singles career, saying it gave him newfound confidence and allowed him entry to main draws. The world No. 86, the third-lowest ranked player left in the draw, said he didn’t feel stressed moving into the fourth round. “I have nothing to lose. These guys have to beat me. On the other hand it will be harder for me because I don’t have that experience.”
Sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find it...