Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold... - Page 98 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1456 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,545
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
The next No 2 doubles team of the future is born by the sound of it (after me and Bruno )





Yes, I remember we used to do a Heavy Metal v Cheesy Pop kinda contest
Yeah, the funny thing was metal titles always seem to have a word that others can get, but I think I had a hard time with at least 1 or 2 of the pop titles trying to find a metal title for it.
Transcender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1457 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,789
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

I'm good in doubles until Australia. Then I have to defend 700 points!

My singles ranking is a disaster.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1458 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:33 PM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yes it would.

Have you ever won a title having played qualifiers?
That's a very good question. I think all of tournaments I won was from MD.
Thought there was a final in Los Angeles (on doubles) I started with qualy.

And you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
The next No 2 doubles team of the future is born by the sound of it (after me and Bruno )





Yes, I remember we used to do a Heavy Metal v Cheesy Pop kinda contest
I like to play with him.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #1459 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I'm good in doubles until Australia. Then I have to defend 700 points!

My singles ranking is a disaster.
On start of year I will have points to defend. ABout 300-400 I think. On this year I don't have too much to defend. On singles.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #1460 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,654
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

I will win the CYGS in TT next year, book it.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #1461 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,169
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yeah, the funny thing was metal titles always seem to have a word that others can get, but I think I had a hard time with at least 1 or 2 of the pop titles trying to find a metal title for it.
I'm too soft-hearted for my own good and give the next person too many options - I remember putting The Carpenters - Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognised Anthem Of World Contact Day)

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #1462 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,169
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I'm good in doubles until Australia. Then I have to defend 700 points!

My singles ranking is a disaster.
Did you make final?. I lost in 1R of RG when the previous year we were runners-up

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #1463 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,789
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yes, in some ways at least.
It's not for everyone but for me I love to drive. So Canada and also the US is so spacious to drive that I really like it. The scenery is beautiful many of the small little towns are fun to visit.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1464 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,789
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Did you make final?. I lost in 1R of RG when the previous year we were runners-up
Yup lost in the final with my previous partner Goldmund, don't know what happened to him

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1465 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:46 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,169
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
Yup lost in the final with my previous partner Goldmund, don't know what happened to him
It's shameful for me to say as Board member - but I am much better at the womens game, I was ranked 9 a few months ago in singles and led my country to forthcoming Fed Cup final

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
post #1466 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,545
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
That's a very good question. I think all of tournaments I won was from MD.
Thought there was a final in Los Angeles (on doubles) I started with qualy.

And you?



I like to play with him.
1 CH final from qualies in singles.

My only doubles title was over you and Enrique at Scheveningen this year.

Poland has been fairly good to me, played 2 CH's there, made 2 singles finals now, a doubles final and a SF, not sure if it will actually let me take a title though, we'll see tomorrow, have to come from behind.

Lately the draw maker hasn't been on my side in singles, been playing people in the top half in R1 for a bit, or have had the possibility of facing a top seed in R2, spooky.

This week I was a seed, but got the 9th best entrant, so even though I was seeded it didn't payoff as much as it should/could, on the good luck side I haven't had to face a seed for the rest of the week.

Orleans R1 I'm playing someone better ranked than me.

Last edited by Transcender; 09-21-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Transcender is offline  
post #1467 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,789
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
It's shameful for me to say as Board member - but I am much better at the womens game, I was ranked 9 a few months ago in singles and led my country to forthcoming Fed Cup final
it must be insane to pick women's matches. At least I know most men's players in the top 300 (thanks to managing) the women? I don't even know players in the first round of grand slams!

Plus aren't there more surprises in the women's game?

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1468 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,789
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
1 CH final from qualies in singles.

My only doubles title was over you and Enrique at Scheveningen this year.

Poland has been fairly good to me, played 2 CH's there, made 2 singles finals now, a doubles final and a SF, not sure if it will actually let me take a title though, we'll see tomorrow, have to come from behind.

Lately the draw maker hasn't been on my side in singles, been playing people in the top half in R1 for a bit, or have had the possibility of facing a top seed in R2, spooky.
I won the first ever tournament I played (and was a LL!). That's unbeatable

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1469 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,545
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I won the first ever tournament I played (and was a LL!). That's unbeatable
Yes, I remember you said that awhile ago now.
Transcender is offline  
post #1470 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,169
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
it must be insane to pick women's matches. At least I know most men's players in the top 300 (thanks to managing) the women? I don't even know players in the first round of grand slams!

Plus aren't there more surprises in the women's game?

I know - it's strange isn't it. I seem to have the knack somehow.

What did happen to him - did he say he was going to stop playing or just stop?

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome