Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold... - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1531 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I wish ATP level clay season was all year, they must ban the other surfaces, that's not real tennis IMO.
I'm on the same opinion. I love clay tennis.




Prepare for work I'm lazy. But I find that funny I didn't sleep at all. After starting to work I won't laugh so much though.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
I'm on the same opinion. I love clay tennis.




Prepare for work I'm lazy. But I find that funny I didn't sleep at all. After starting to work I won't laugh so much though.
I live in HC central, so I used to of course prefer HC, but I've really come around to clay, I know Wimby is great and traditional and all that, but grass, really, as a surface just not into it.
Transcender is offline  
post #1533 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 AM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

I always liked clay. I'm okay with slower hard courts as well, though But not that much.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #1534 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:40 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
I always liked clay. I'm okay with slower hard courts as well, though But not that much.
Like the AO.

Well if you are now preparing and can't chat anymore, it was good to do so, see you soon and hope work goes well.
Transcender is offline  
post #1535 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 AM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Like AO. Start of the new year is always special anyway so I like it so much.

I really go to prepare, just finished my coffee. Was nice to talk to you. Hope we see you more on this thread. Thanks. Good evening and night when you leave.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #1536 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
But then I could talk to you in here, and no one would have a clue what we were talking about
google translate a barátod

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1537 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:10 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Castle

Much activity this night, I see
Litotes is offline  
post #1538 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

wow, you're up early.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1539 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Yep. I used to sleep late on days off when I was younger. Now I have to get up early because my back refuses to lie down more than six hours or so on the trot, I have a chronic back situation. I just need to be up for an hour or so and then I can go to bed again.

I read through worries about losing top-100 in TT, is this a common cutoff for tournament entry? Sounds like luxury problems to 335-ranked me
Litotes is offline  
post #1540 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Yep. I used to sleep late on days off when I was younger. Now I have to get up early because my back refuses to lie down more than six hours or so on the trot, I have a chronic back situation. I just need to be up for an hour or so and then I can go to bed again.

I read through worries about losing top-100 in TT, is this a common cutoff for tournament entry? Sounds like luxury problems to 335-ranked me
not really, it's just nice to be in the top-100. I was in the top 100 for maybe a week or two until I fell out again. I think my career high is 90.

The Grand Slam main draw cutoff is 112-ish. In my current Bangkok tournament the cutoff was 49. For Masters it's in the 70s.

You are doing very well, you'll go up the rankings in no time.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #1541 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
not really, it's just nice to be in the top-100. I was in the top 100 for maybe a week or two until I fell out again. I think my career high is 90.

The Grand Slam main draw cutoff is 112-ish. In my current Bangkok tournament the cutoff was 49. For Masters it's in the 70s.

You are doing very well, you'll go up the rankings in no time.
I see, it's a common goal. I won't look at that just yet, too long away. My current goal is to enter the qualies in AO. I understand it's a 128 + 128, so should be 240 places altogether. I need to rise a bit for that, even allowing for several players ranked above me not entering.

Do you think I'm doing well? My singles W/L is 1-3, or 25%. I was unlucky not to proceed from R1 last time with 7/8 seeing as several others won their matches on 7, 6 or even 5, but I was lucky the one time I did advance, my opponent had the worst score of everyone in the field and mine was not very impressive. Better in doubles, W/L 3-3, but Tomek. carried me to that SF so I have only one match win where I did as well or better than partner. So I do not feel I've been very impressive so far, but I didn't expect to be in the beginning either, so I'm not too disappointed. I have picked up a thing or two and hope to do better. You can follow my progress in week 40 & 41 where I'm entered into your tournaments
Litotes is offline  
post #1542 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,178
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yeah, I think Adey will pass you going this way
There's more than a bit of truth in that - I think 50 people will pass me if I can't do some damage limitation in the next two or three weeks - I've been drawn against top seed this week too so it's not promising.

I lost the match of the year that everyone wanted to see in TF - against my doubles partner of 4 years there

Morning all

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore as became TF Admin.
AdeyC is offline  
post #1543 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Morning Ady

Sad to see you expect to plummet in the rankings Hope you can do well enough to defend most of your points, if not all. That's one thing I can relax about, I'm not defending anything for a long time I did still drop in the doubles rankings last week, though, from 289 to 290
Litotes is offline  
post #1544 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,178
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Morning Ady

Sad to see you expect to plummet in the rankings Hope you can do well enough to defend most of your points, if not all. That's one thing I can relax about, I'm not defending anything for a long time I did still drop in the doubles rankings last week, though, from 289 to 290
I'm going to plummet in doubles too if not careful - got the Paris title to defend in November.

Today the best thing in TT starts for me and one of the main reasons why I wanted to be a Board Member - the Changes thread is opened - for a month every single person gets a chance to give their opinions about what they think needs changing - then we have discussions about the topics after that - then there's polls on the subject players want changing - and then the changes that players want get made. I love the interaction of it all.

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore as became TF Admin.
AdeyC is offline  
post #1545 of 4999 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 09:10 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,197
                     
Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I'm going to plummet in doubles too if not careful - got the Paris title to defend in November.

Today the best thing in TT starts for me and one of the main reasons why I wanted to be a Board Member - the Changes thread is opened - for a month every single person gets a chance to give their opinions about what they think needs changing - then we have discussions about the topics after that - then there's polls on the subject players want changing - and then the changes that players want get made. I love the interaction of it all.
Sounds nice I have one thing I'd like to change, actually, but I don't know if it would be terribly impractical for a manager. I'd like the opportunity to give separate picks for singles and doubles. Occasionally you have to take risks in one and not the other. And then you could also send your partner your doubles picks in advance if you're paired off against him. Would this be much extra work?
Litotes is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome