Rising Francesco vol. 18 - Betty on her way to 100k posts - Page 214 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3196 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,260
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

once thing confusing me. already 3 mods directly or indirectly showed that they didn't participate in Mike's permaban, shouldn't such "big" decisions be brought by unanimous decision or just admins bringing decision between them ?

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3197 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 15,952
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Makes no difference though.
No difference for what?


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
post #3198 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered User
 
Betty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 100,161
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

ok im at home, im without words, i didnt read back here i want just say my thoughts

mike was warning, but sure i dont think he deserved a pernban, respect other kind of posters, plus 3 red in how many years/posts?
maybe some rules should be changed or just get them in a wise way
there are unfair bans,as mike and as Jani...honestly i was already posting few here after we talked abt that Javi, now i dont think i ll get the 100.000 duncan

i dont add nothing more, just mark my disappoint

RAFA- ANDY-NALBY
TT Doubles 2013 w/orangehatDoha SF
2012 w/orangehat BangkokSF -Stuttgart SF;Atlanta F-Kitzbühel SF- w/acionescu Wolfsburg W
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline  
post #3199 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
once thing confusing me. already 3 mods directly or indirectly showed that they didn't participate in Mike's permaban, shouldn't such "big" decisions be brought by unanimous decision or just admins bringing decision between them ?
Confusion about the moderation rules and standards?



Yeah. There should be transcripts of these deliberations we all could read.
star is offline  
post #3200 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 15,952
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
ok im at home, im without words, i didnt read back here i want just say my thoughts

mike was warning, but sure i dont think he deserved a pernban, respect other kind of posters, plus 3 red in how many years/posts?
maybe some rules should be changed or just get them in a wise way
there are unfair bans,as mike and as Jani...honestly i was already posting few here after we talked abt that Javi, now i dont think i ll get the 100.000 duncan

i dont add nothing more, just mark my disappoint
yeah, you think they are unfair because you both like them. I like Mike too but come on how many times did we warn him?

Everyone over here makes it the fault of the entire moderation team, while the first one to blame is Mike himself....
of course it's a shame the penultimate ban came with a not so heavy post but still Mike didn't change his behaviour.

I agree that the rules should change here and there.


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
post #3201 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 86,138
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
yeah, you think they are unfair because you both like them. I like Mike too but come on how many times did we warn him?

Everyone over here makes it the fault of the entire moderation team, while the first one to blame is Mike himself....
of course it's a shame the penultimate ban came with a not so heavy post but still Mike didn't change his behaviour.

I agree that the rules should change here and there.
i knew sooner or later Mike would be permabanned, BUT the thing that is appaling for me is that posters can get away with literally nothing, even though a zillion of posters are disgusted by the post (and show that publicly on the forum), and then posts that were only written out of frustration and because of that exaggerated are considered as "discriminatory remark". THIS is the problem, and this is for my taste not objective.

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #3202 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 15,952
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
i knew sooner or later Mike would be permabanned, BUT the thing that is appaling for me is that posters can get away with literally nothing, even though a zillion of posters are disgusted by the post (and show that publicly on the forum), and then posts that were only written out of frustration and because of that exaggerated are considered as "discriminatory remark". THIS is the problem, and this is for my taste not objective.
yeah, I can nothing but agree with that. there are much worser posters, especially in GM, who walk around freely and unpunished. besides that I'm not really fond of the whole permaban thing either but that point aside, maybe some people who feel 'attacked' or 'offended' should be a little more strong in those cases and not cry about every single post.

Right now we are going to have a snowball effect probably, lots of people mad because of this ban so they will be reporting more and more and if that's according to the rules the moderators should hand out more infractions as well.


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
post #3203 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 86,138
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
yeah, I can nothing but agree with that. there are much worser posters, especially in GM, who walk around freely and unpunished. besides that I'm not really fond of the whole permaban thing either but that point aside, maybe some people who feel 'attacked' or 'offended' should be a little more strong in those cases and not cry about every single post.

Right now we are going to have a snowball effect probably, lots of people mad because of this ban so they will be reporting more and more and if that's according to the rules the moderators should hand out more infractions as well.
how would it be if the mods simply read threads and react without any earlier notification of an offensive post (aka without anybody reporting a post)? I'm quite sure that only a little fraction of the users actually uses the report button (otherwise Raging Lamb wouldn't have it in his signature), but there are often posts that are quoted by a huge part of the actual thread and those quotes show disagreement (to say it generally). So why not simply take action on a post a big part of the users in a thread disagree with?

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #3204 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 15,952
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
how would it be if the mods simply read threads and react without any earlier notification of an offensive post (aka without anybody reporting a post)? I'm quite sure that only a little fraction of the users actually uses the report button (otherwise Raging Lamb wouldn't have it in his signature), but there are often posts that are quoted by a huge part of the actual thread and those quotes show disagreement (to say it generally). So why not simply take action on a post a big part of the users in a thread disagree with?
Actually that's a nice idea, but do you know how much time that takes? You can't expect the moderator team to spit through every thread and every post as a volunteer. I don't know how things are with the other moderators but I do have a life you know.

But maybe we/you can throw this idea in the "New rules" thread and see what others think about it.
By the way, Mike wasn't reported by anyone the last 2 times (in 2 weeks time) he got a ban.


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
post #3205 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 86,138
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Actually that's a nice idea, but do you know how much time that takes? You can't expect the moderator team to spit through every thread and every post as a volunteer. I don't know how things are with the other moderators but I do have a life you know.

But maybe we/you can throw this idea in the "New rules" thread and see what others think about it.
By the way, Mike wasn't reported by anyone the last 2 times (in 2 weeks time) he got a ban.
btw, that's oh so hard, as he posted much in threads that have admins and mods as regular posters in it. To eat a ban in those threads isn't a thing of impossibility when the mods team wants to have less work.

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #3206 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
Nikki♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mikeyland
Posts: 65,539
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Bagnis is really close to causing me a heart attack today.

By the way, I have a new flag and location in Mikey's honor.

Who wants to play with my balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline  
post #3207 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 86,138
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki♥ View Post
Bagnis is really close to causing me a heart attack today.

By the way, I have a new flag and location in Mikey's honor.
I think he'll love it when he reads that.

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #3208 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered User
 
Nikki♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mikeyland
Posts: 65,539
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

I hope he will read us from time to time.

Who wants to play with my balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline  
post #3209 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 86,138
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

so do I

Vamos Nando! Come on Andy! A portuguese Vamos to André Sá e Marcelo Melo! Vamos Gastão!Auf geht's Dustin! Vamos ChristianLindell!Vamos David! Pojd Tomáš! Davai Dolgo!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline  
post #3210 of 5002 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered User
 
Nikki♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mikeyland
Posts: 65,539
                     
Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - no more mocking of "Serie D vs Serie A"

Facuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

samanito, we did it. Like 2 pros.

Who wants to play with my balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome