•°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us - Page 59 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #871 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
So, so true Amber. To them we're always children and they worry about us whether we're 5 or 55.

You could keep your eye on him MsA, as there's a very watchable match in prospect with Benneteau in round 3.
we will have Benneteau v tipsy? that will be a great game.
i like it when both of the players are at the save level and no one is my fav(FED/KUBOT)im more free to enjoy the game

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #872 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,881
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I often wonder how to live in such a quiet and peaceful place.
Many benefits thats for sure.

Are Norwegians close to each other? bc in here everyone are in each others lives u are never alone even if u want to.
It's quiet and peaceful. And, to your standards, pretty lonely. Most greet their neighbours when they see them, but very rarely spend time with them. Families are often separate these days and kids often live in different cities from their parents. Loneliness is certainly more widespread here. Never alone even if you want to? Not a description of Norway, that's for sure. And I'm not just talking about myself. People coming to Norway from other countries often mentions this, with regret. Except for the northern part. They are much better at visiting each other unannounced or striking up conversations with strangers up there.
Litotes is offline  
post #873 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Lunchtime followed by dogwalking time. Bye for now.
au revoir

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #874 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It's quiet and peaceful. And, to your standards, pretty lonely. Most greet their neighbours when they see them, but very rarely spend time with them. Families are often separate these days and kids often live in different cities from their parents. Loneliness is certainly more widespread here. Never alone even if you want to? Not a description of Norway, that's for sure. And I'm not just talking about myself. People coming to Norway from other countries often mentions this, with regret. Except for the northern part. They are much better at visiting each other unannounced or striking up conversations with strangers up there.
any reason for that? i cant believe it from Choice, who wants to be Lonely or away from his family?
in here if u dont live at the same city as ur familt, that is being far from them.

most of my family live in jerusalem or within a few miles Radius.

if u love Company, people atc atc..this is the perfect place for u and i guess thats why its hard for a love of ppl to live this country.

Take me for example, i know when is my neighbor has a Birthday, if one of her kisa is gwtting married (all the The neighborhood is invited), when she walk her dog, when her hubby is fixing his car atc atc..

My parents wedding was 1200 people and that after a lot of fight bc they didnt invite a lot of ppl...not a lot of room for everyone..

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #875 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 4,295
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
nick i thought ur a rafa fan
And I know you're No1e fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
LL? Poor choice of initials there. People will think he's a lucky loser.
He's unlucky loser.
Vamos/ajde Djenko.
nick the greek is offline  
post #876 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
And I know you're No1e fan.

He's unlucky loser.
Vamos/ajde Djenko.
sorry im not but i do not hate him or rafa.

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #877 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,881
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
any reason for that? i cant believe it from Choice, who wants to be Lonely or away from his family?
in here if u dont live at the same city as ur familt, that is being far from them.

most of my family live in jerusalem or within a few miles Radius.

if u love Company, people atc atc..this is the perfect place for u and i guess thats why its hard for a love of ppl to live this country.

Take me for example, i know when is my neighbor has a Birthday, if one of her kisa is gwtting married (all the The neighborhood is invited), when she walk her dog, when her hubby is fixing his car atc atc..

My parents wedding was 1200 people and that after a lot of fight bc they didnt invite a lot of ppl...not a lot of room for everyone..
I don't know how it started. Perhaps the colder climate does that to people? Then again, the northernes have it colder than anyone else, so not a likely explanation.

I don't know any of my neighbour's birthdays, even though I'm quite good at remembering dates. Noone ever told me. Nor I them. I know how many kids they have, gender and approximate age, but that's it - don't even have names for all of them. I do know when the neighbour across the road will walk her dog, though, since it often coincides with me going to work. When my sister got married there were 20 people in her wedding, only close family and best friends of both. And that's the only wedding I've ever been invited to. No, wait, I was invited also to my father's cousin's wedding, but couldn't go for health reasons.
Litotes is offline  
post #878 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,881
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
He's unlucky loser.
Vamos/ajde Djenko.
Yeah, lucky or not, he definitely lost in the end. I'm trying to think of a player with initials UL for unlucky loser, but can't find any at the moment.
Litotes is offline  
post #879 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I don't know how it started. Perhaps the colder climate does that to people? Then again, the northernes have it colder than anyone else, so not a likely explanation.

I don't know any of my neighbour's birthdays, even though I'm quite good at remembering dates. Noone ever told me. Nor I them. I know how many kids they have, gender and approximate age, but that's it - don't even have names for all of them. I do know when the neighbour across the road will walk her dog, though, since it often coincides with me going to work. When my sister got married there were 20 people in her wedding, only close family and best friends of both. And that's the only wedding I've ever been invited to. No, wait, I was invited also to my father's cousin's wedding, but couldn't go for health reasons.
1-2 wedding? never happened in my life time.

trust me sometimes i really want to get away but i cant, they are everywhere!!

i was in barcelona 3 years ago, we went to The Columbus Monument at the end of the La Rambla, only 5 ppl can get inside bc its a small place, 4 ppl and the doormen.
so we went inside me and my friends and we took pictures of the city from above and after a minutes 2 ppl got inside and we know they were israeli bc they spoke heb and i told my friends, what are the oddddddddds??????

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #880 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,881
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
1-2 wedding? never happened in my life time.

trust me sometimes i really want to get away but i cant, they are everywhere!!

i was in barcelona 3 years ago, we went to The Columbus Monument at the end of the La Rambla, only 5 ppl can get inside bc its a small place, 4 ppl and the doormen.
so we went inside me and my friends and we took pictures of the city from above and after a minutes 2 ppl got inside and we know they were israeli bc they spoke heb and i told my friends, what are the oddddddddds??????
We appear to be at opposite extremes here. This works out OK for me personally, considering I often get sick when exposed to many people at once. But that's not the reason for lack of wedding invitations. My sister hasn't been invited to more than I have, even without my specific problem.

Odds of meeting countrymen in foreign places are quite low. You pass a whole lot of people but will of course take much more notice of countrymen, forgetting the horde of locals/tourists from other nations. You will also visit tourist destinations making it very likely the locals are underrepresented. I've been to Tunisia, Turkey, Portugal, France and England and the only place I didn't meet any Norwegian that did not travel with me was in France. When abroad, Norwegians will more often strike up conversations with other Norwegians than at home.
Litotes is offline  
post #881 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Registered User
 
Fujee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,674
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Castle, whats happening

Eufemiano Fuentes

“I worked with cyclists but also footballers, boxers, tennis players and athletes,”


For Posterity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I honestly don't think Brown has much of a chance at all, think he might get a set at best though.
Fujee is offline  
post #882 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
We appear to be at opposite extremes here. This works out OK for me personally, considering I often get sick when exposed to many people at once. But that's not the reason for lack of wedding invitations. My sister hasn't been invited to more than I have, even without my specific problem.

Odds of meeting countrymen in foreign places are quite low. You pass a whole lot of people but will of course take much more notice of countrymen, forgetting the horde of locals/tourists from other nations. You will also visit tourist destinations making it very likely the locals are underrepresented. I've been to Tunisia, Turkey, Portugal, France and England and the only place I didn't meet any Norwegian that did not travel with me was in France. When abroad, Norwegians will more often strike up conversations with other Norwegians than at home.
i guess theres Minuses and pluses to each side.

i have seen to i think at least 70-70 weddings if not more.
about meeting a countrymen, well we are just 7 million ppl, the odds of that is small but urright about tourist destinations. i remember my cousin was in a trip to AO and he was hosting at some small place and he meet a friends from the army..they are everywhere its crazy.

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #883 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Castle, whats happening
me and markus talking about family and weddings while i watch Jano ruin his chances of making to the next round

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky; 01-16-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Punky is offline  
post #884 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 56,881
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i guess theres Minuses and pluses to each side.

i have seen to i think at least 70-70 weddings if not more.
about meeting a countrymen, well we are just 7 million ppl, the odds of that is small but urright about tourist destinations. i remember my cousin was in a trip to AO and he was hosting at some small place and he meet a friends from the army..they are everywhere its crazy.
How many hugs to you give/get pr wedding?

You are 7 million, we are 5 million, so that's not why I always meet countrymen abroad...
Litotes is offline  
post #885 of 5001 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,475
                     
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 61- Enjoy the Australian Open with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
How many hugs to you give/get pr wedding?

You are 7 million, we are 5 million, so that's not why I always meet countrymen abroad...
i wonder why the 7 million looks like 70 million to me

hugges at a wedding? dont go that far, everytime u see a family member or a friend u give him a hug, at a wedding its a problem bc half of the time u just hug ppl until u get to ur Table.

I did not mention the peck on the cheek by ur Uncles, aunts, cousins atc atc..

thats why a wedding last for soooooooo long in here, whwn its a very close family member im taking a day off/ ask my boss to come late for work

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome