2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread - Page 79 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,833
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

ACC decision was not wrong.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

I think the one thing that we can take away from this drama is that Deathless Mortal is a great guy who took the unfairness against him in stride and didn't whine for a recount. For that, he'll always have my respect (although he already did before this).

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #1173 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,438
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

How To Run A Contest on MTF: I have experience, I am running PopCon 2012 and I did Miss MTF 2007, so I have experience.

Step 1- Rig the draw. Obvious, but must be stated. Make sure you don't count all of the nominations and if you do, switch posters you like on the cuff of an easier draw, this is just good business.

Step 2- Make sure any qualifiers with any chance to upset my favorites are placed vs. high seeds, in fact, all Q will play high seeds.

Step 3- Set up arbitrary voting times. 12 hours and 12 minutes one round, 12 hours even another round.

Step 4- Lie about when voting times will be, and just go 24 hrs from 3rd round onwards.

Step 5- Cast a deciding vote and then recind it in overtime. Act all "benevolent dictator" and feign ignorance

Step 6- Count votes wrong on purpose and update with misleading live scores to influence voting.

Step 7- Take part in "Stabbing Hour" yourself.

Step 8- Declare a certain remaining person in the competition as "my favorite" and do all to make sure he/she wins.

Step 9- Laugh as MTF burns to the ground

Step 10- Realize all I just said was in jest, take a chill pill, and let's get on with this event and hope it doesn't cost me Mr. MTF this year

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #1174 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

you did a good job Blaze altho you did rig my draw

they have all done since 2007
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #1175 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,400
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
How To Run A Contest on MTF: I have experience, I am running PopCon 2012 and I did Miss MTF 2007, so I have experience.

Step 1- Rig the draw. Obvious, but must be stated. Make sure you don't count all of the nominations and if you do, switch posters you like on the cuff of an easier draw, this is just good business.

Step 2- Make sure any qualifiers with any chance to upset my favorites are placed vs. high seeds, in fact, all Q will play high seeds.

Step 3- Set up arbitrary voting times. 12 hours and 12 minutes one round, 12 hours even another round.

Step 4- Lie about when voting times will be, and just go 24 hrs from 3rd round onwards.

Step 5- Cast a deciding vote and then recind it in overtime. Act all "benevolent dictator" and feign ignorance

Step 6- Count votes wrong on purpose and update with misleading live scores to influence voting.

Step 7- Take part in "Stabbing Hour" yourself.

Step 8- Declare a certain remaining person in the competition as "my favorite" and do all to make sure he/she wins.

Step 9- Laugh as MTF burns to the ground

Step 10- Realize all I just said was in jest, take a chill pill, and let's get on with this event and hope it doesn't cost me Mr. MTF this year
Too late
Orange Wombat is offline  
post #1176 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,575
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
The idiot who 'created' a vulturing theory that you were regurgitating yourself around the time Djokovic won Toronto without even being aware that I started it

Being one of the sheep of the 'vulturing complaining idiot' is surely much better. I'll even do you a favor and not search and quote those posts, give you time to delete them, would just too easy otherwise
You created something that predated you by at least a year? Brilliant!
Smoke944 is offline  
post #1177 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,024
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Great post, Johnny G
don't forget "Choose a brat who gets banned every week as your assistant"

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is online now  
post #1178 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Great post, Johnny G
don't forget "Choose a brat who gets banned every week as your assistant"


Although I think what happened to DM was really unfair, I'm willing to cut Johnny some slack because he's running this massive contest by himself. And DM emerged the winner from this whole fiasco anyway, which is just...

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #1179 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I wanna taste u.
 
Naudio Spanlatine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Posts: 23,908
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Guys can we all just kiss and makeup, you guys take these contests so seriously.
Naudio Spanlatine is offline  
post #1180 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

50 minutes to come up with something

Corey Feldman is offline  
post #1181 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered User
 
Thanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,824
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

i wonder if blaze vote for nole fan means she into the next round now
Thanos is offline  
post #1182 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hiding
Posts: 12,325
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Those 15 votes she needs are suddenly going to appear out of thin air. I'm already preparing my loser's speech.
The Prince is offline  
post #1183 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
This does not constitute a redeeming quality.
:
In Mikey's case it is. . We've fought many times and will probably fight many times again, but Mikey is a great guy, and I say this as some who used to absolutely hate him and he hated me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Disagree, there weren't enough posters saying what a stupid drunk Alex Ferguson is while he was banned. Football thread really suffered because of that.
As did many other threads.

Mikey is the only reason I'd bother with the popcorn,
star is offline  
post #1184 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Those 15 votes she needs are suddenly going to appear out of thin air. I'm already preparing my loser's speech.
Considering that i don't do any campaign or participate in chat threads, its very unlikely.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #1185 of 1554 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hiding
Posts: 12,325
                     
Re: 2012 MTF Popularity Contest News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Considering that i don't do any campaign or participate in chat threads, its very unlikely.
I was joking, my dear.
The Prince is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome