Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #706 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,667
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Activity on this thread is dwindling, dwindling, dwindling, dwindling, dwindling.

Mission: Revive Gimply vLove Shack thread.

Attempts: 1
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #707 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

No it wouldnt

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #708 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hiding
Posts: 12,283
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Replying here cos I don't wanna derail the HP thread even more:



I'll finish the book and let you know if it's worth reading. I tend to read quite slowly though; I'm distracted a lot by other things, like...the computer. I read a lot more when I didn't have computer access, which was pretty much until I was like, 11, which is why I think it's really important for kids to cultivate a reading habit. It definitely helped a lot with my English; I wasn't very good at English when I moved back to Singapore from Taiwan when I was 7 or so and reading really, really helped me.

I think it's really good that you're helping children with their reading skills. Do you think kids tend not to read as much these days because of other more interesting and fun entertainment outlets, like the computer and video games and iPad and things like that? I remember when I was a kid, my parents didn't allow me to watch TV series because they said they were a waste of time, and all I did for fun was read and play with my friends, like, outdoors. I hate to do one of those annoying "the good old days" spiel but I do think that I had a more meaningful childhood than today's children.

Thanks for the reassurance too.

How was Rhodes by the way? I wanna go back to Greece so badly.
Thanks. I've always had my eye on it, but heard a lot of mixed things about it. Happy reading, and a first-hand review would be much appreciated.

I seldom read at home anymore, there's too much to distract me like the internet (mainly MTF!!!), video games, TV etc. like you say. Until a year or two ago, I used to have a designated hour before bed that was solely for reading, that has since faded away, and now I will only read while travelling or like you, when I don't have internet access. It's great, though, because now I know when I read a really good novel, it keeps me away from all these distractions. It's a nice barometer actually!

So yeah, I totally agree that there would be so many advantages of going back to when the internet didn't play such a big role. For me, that was only when I was quite young, but still, my point stands.

These kids I'm helping certainly seem to have read only when required to do so, and lack even basic skills. It's a shame, but I'm there to help then improve. I'm also helping them with basic numeracy and reasoning. It will be tough, but the feeling of helping them to success will be worth it, I'm sure. One if the boys I'm helping told me that he never reads, all he does is go home, watch TV and play on his Xbox. I imagine it's the case for most people who struggle. It's a sad state of affairs, and I'm certainly not trying to change their lifestyle, but hopefully once they get more confident, they will consider reading 'for fun'.

Rhodes was great thank you! Nice weather for a October/November week, and a welcome break from studying. I'm back to the harsh reality now, but slowly getting into the swing of things! How are you finding London? It must have been nearly two months now? I hope you are well.

Anyway, I hate to bore everyone else. Sorry!
The Prince is offline  
post #709 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hiding
Posts: 12,283
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored
Sorry Kat. I will bear in mind and make the short trip over to the football thread next time!

Hope you are well.
The Prince is offline  
post #710 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,964
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Murray won
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Still not a bro.
'Sup brethren
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Sam isnt naughty like that
O Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored
Well, you knew it was bad when not even football was being discussed here . It was for this reason that operation revival was put into use.

Also props for not using 'soccer'
GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #711 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Oh you Sam

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #712 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,964
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Oh you Sam
GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #713 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.


#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #714 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,964
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #715 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.


#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #716 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,964
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #717 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.


#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
post #718 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hiding
Posts: 12,283
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Jeez, you guys are worse than Hian.
The Prince is offline  
post #719 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,964
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Jeez, you guys are worse than Hian.
Well Hian is the GOAT after all
GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #720 of 1568 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered User
 
IncrediBale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,715
                     
Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

In my defence it is all Sams fault

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome