Our Mission Statement: "To be the most dedicated, loyal and fearsome warriors in battle. And to support our fellow warriors with encouragement, companionship and compassion in the face of all adversity. Our primary mission is to ensure peace, tranquility and harmony for all residents of the Castle."
The Way of the Warrior at the Castle and Beyond
"the Castle's Bushido"
1. Sacred Combat and Respect: In Aikido and other Eastern martial arts, you always bow to your opponent, as a way of expressing what your soul would like to declare: "I honor and respect you as a worthy opponent, and value the opportunity to learn and grow through this combat with you." Honor and respect your fellow warriors but honor and respect your opponents even more for the opportunity to learn and grow.
2. Uncompromising Integrity: A warrior’s character and his/her honor are steadfast. And his/her word is bond.
3. Serve: A true warrior serves with honor on and off the battlefield.
4. Excellence: Excel as warriors through discipline and relentless will.
5. Preparation: Constantly train for battle and fight to win. Failure is never an option for the warrior. Be ready to lead at a moment’s notice.
6. Reality: A warrior is always grounded in reality. A superficial warrior cannot see how things happen, even though the evidence is everywhere. But a warrior who is centered, conscious, and grounded in reality always has the deeper understanding. The ferocious dog bites the excited warrior. The conscious and centered warrior walks by unharmed. Being centered means having the ability to recover one’s balance. A centered warrior is simply not subject to passing whims or sudden excitements.
7. Kindness: It is a known fact that the greatest martial arts are also the gentlest. They allow an adversary to fall down gently. A great warrior also does not rush into every battle. A great warrior offers his adversaries the opportunity to make crucial self-defeating errors.
8. Live in the present: A warrior has reconciled the past, prepares for the future, but remains firmly entrenched in the present moment. A warrior does not see present experiences in the light of past experiences. Seeing the present through the eyes of the past is a way of remaining in the world of illusion. This is akin to viewing a sunset. Each one is different from the ones before it. Comparing the one being viewed now with past sunsets may detract from a warrior’s ability to fully experience it.
9. Reflection: A warrior has to be able to analyze him/herself objectively and to think in a rational manner when engaging in a discussion and be willing to admit his/her own mistakes.
10. Awakening: chillax with your fellow warriors at the Castle. trying to be too flashy suggests instability. Rushing to judgement gets you nowhere fast. Promoting yourself reveals your insecurity. A wise warrior knows that trying to appear brilliant is certainly not enlightened. In his book, Shambala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chogyam Trungpa defines warrior as "one who is brave". Bravery, among many things, also involves a willingness to let your defenses be exposed so we can open more fully to life. In Trungpa`s words, discovering fearlessness comes from working with the softness of the heart. So in that spirit, resolve to chillax, learn, and grow stronger from your interactions with your fellow warriors at the castle.
11. Alliance of the Warriors: Consider yourself, each of you, as a warrior with only one wing. And you can only fly if you embrace each other. This is consistent with what the great warrior king, king Leonidas, also believed. He said that in the final analysis, we are only as good as the warrior next to us.
When two warriors move in the same direction, they forge a much deeper bond, based on encouraging each other to honor the sacred presence and basic goodness within them. This often proves to be an unbeatable combination in any battle. Then and only then can these warriors really appreciate their connection for what it is---an alliance of warriors. The castle is an alliance of warriors.
If it's but only a dream
And things are not what they seem
Let's go on and fight For that which is right
For The Seafaring Warriors Who Travel At Night, Let This Guiding Light And The Beacon Of Hope Guide You Safely To The Castle
Re: Ye Olde Castle Volume 59 - All welcome at the Castle that never sleeps
Castle Camelot's Lancelot: The Ultimate Knight
Courage to Fight On When All Looks Lost:
Requiescat in Pace Theme (for the warriors that aren't amongst us anymore)
Prediction Warriors Contest (PWC) - Rules & Info
- please submit your prediction of the winner of each match in the daily OOP once it's posted in this thread AND PM 'New tresurer pending' with your prediction list as well, submissions are not accepted once the first match of the day has started.
- you are allowed to edit your post as long as the first match hasn't started yet.
- your participation will be nullified if your post has been edited after the start of the first match for any reason (even typo).
- post the full score of the matches chosen under the "tie-break matches" tag, these scores decide the winner in case two contestants were tied.
- the score is decided in the following manner (according to order of priority) :
* tie-break matches winners > sets won/lost > percentage of games won/lost > order of sets won/lost *
- if two or more contestants were still tied after the tie-break matches, the prize is divided between them and all are declared winners.
- a match result would count as long as one set has been completed, if either player retired before the completion of the first set, the match is abandoned, the same is applied to W.O.
- a one set match would be counted as a straight sets win, that is if a participant predicted the win in straights and others gave set(s) to the retiring player, the winner would be the one who predicted the straight sets win.
- everyone is welcome to participate and not just regular posters in the Castle.
- results are announced and vcash is given as soon as possible (usually on a daily basis).
- rules are subject to changes without prior notice and additional rules may be applied circumstantially.
good luck and have fun!
Castle Contests Relief Fund (CCRF)
As members of the Castle know, we hold vcash prediction contests named Prediction Warriors Contest (PWC) for the big tournaments on a daily basis, and we give vcash awards to the winner(s) everyday, to allow the competitions to run smoothly we now announce that the Castle accepts donations for the cause, feel free to donate to "EnriqueIG8 and your name will be added to the donators list "Hall of Fame" in this post, thanks in advance, we appreciate your help
current total vcash in CCRF:1,085,000 vcash
Hall of Fame:
in no particular order
bad gambler icedevil0289 habibko Clay Death EnriqueIG8 scarecrows JolánGagó clashcityrocker Arkulari Dini Bonnie the Cat ..::Manon::... FedFan_2007 gio jonathancrane TMJordan MacTheKnife Pfloyd partygirl miura ~*BGT*~ mimi Marto cath777 masterclass Sonja1989 Rafarta&Grigorior Deck Sodal Certinfy Arend zeleni HeretiC biological
in the Castle:
Action Jackson: MTF Godfather and the one with the most posts, fan of Gaudio, Hernandez, Horna and clay court tennis. ad-out: Amanda from the US, massive fan of Gulbis and Safin. Arend: master of catch-phrases, funny as hell, Nole fan. Arkulari: Nat from Spain, avid Archer and proud Fedal supporter and leader of the THERE'S NO GOAT campaign. arm:: Raquel from Portugal, huge Nole fangirl. August: Kalle from Finland, a fan of Tsonga, Del Potro and Ferrer and F1 bad gambler: hugely generous donator, Fed fan(?) Babolat - Dan: Dan from UK. Betty: Betty from near Milan, Italy, all for Muzza (and her general Joh) ~*BGT*~: Daniella from France/USA, lover of Roddick and many Frenchies. biological: Sophie from the UK, fan of Federer and Tipsarevic among others. Bonnie the Cat: Karin from Utrecht, Netherlands, in love with Fedal. BroTree123: Chuck, yet another reasonable Nadal fan. cath777: Catherine from Canada, fan of Roger among other players. Certinfy: Jason from London, huge Berdych, Del Potro and Verdasco fan. Clashcityrocker: Duncan, our high flying Dutchman and #1 Music Man. cobalt60: Doctor Sue. Commander Data: Tom from Switzerland, Federer fan. Corey Feldman: Mikey from Scotland, big Fed and Muzza fan, future General in progress. djokovicgonzalez: MTF's #1 Gonzotard. DrJules: Julian from the U.K, big fan of Murray. DualMedia: Kay from the USA, big fan of Djokovic and Jankovic. EnriqueIG8: General Javier, loyal sidekick of CD and fights the battles if CD isn't at the battlefield, a Federer fan. EternalxJourney: Val from NYC, USA, fan of Roger. finishingmove: Arsen the ever Noletard. Freak3yman84: Dylan from the USA, fan of Haas, Hewitt and Simon GOAT = Fed: Sam from the UK, a Fed fan (suprise suprise) Gl3nnVD Gretchen: Jen from NYC, USA, big fan of Gasquet and Hewitt. Groove Dude: Jonathan from Spain, fan of Rafa among other players. hat__boy: Ben from Wales, Rafa and Ferru fan. Harmless: Maya from Croatia, mistress of slash fandom, Federer and Muller rock her world. Heners: Teenage aussie boy, fan of Nadal, Sampras and Agassi. icecastle: Lynn a Gasqueteer from New York. icedevil0289: Usha the PWC GOAT, Fedevic (Fed+Nole) fan, she is awesome and cute and pretty and everything good in the world. IncrediBale: Dom from Slovakia, massive nole and Manchester United jayr: Ann from the Uk, a fan of single handed backhands . JolánGagó: Alex from Spain, big fan of Rafa. One of the 6 original Castlers. jonathancrane: Jonathan(?) no more description until he starts coming more often lol. One of the 6 original Castlers. kingiskingfineon: Winnie from India ,a proud fan of Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic .He loves his tennis . Lemon Custard: Amy from Sydney, Australia. Richard Gasquet fan. leng jai: Adrian from Melbourne, Australia, biggest Haasitard in the history of the universe and admirer of backhand slices and volleys. LinkMage: Gonzalo from Argentina, in love with Fed and vcash. lurker: Vicki, fan of Nadal, Djokovic and Hewitt, also likes Ferrer, retired favs are Rafter and Kuerten. masterclass: John, fan of great tennis. Student of the game, player, objective observer and analyst. MacTheKnife: Glen from the USA, avid McEnroe fan who still enjoys watching tennis. Mae: Mae from the USA, and a huge lover of sunsets, roses and castles. Also a huge lover of the Spanish Armada as well as Andy Murray. marina36: Marina from France, our resident Gasquetaire. mimi: Mimi(?) from Hong Kong, China, Rafa fan. miura: Martin from Trondheim, Norway, Roger fan. One of the 6 original Castlers. Nathaliia: Nathalia from Wroclaw(?), Poland. nadalmyhero: Dee ,one of the biggest fans of the WTA in the castle .Huge fan of Petra Kvitova . Nidhogg: Josef from Sweden. nirjhor: Nini from Bangladesh ,a big fan of Roger Federer . Nole fan: Nina from Barcelona, Spain. Number 1 fan of Nole and rapidly spreading the 'Djoko Mojo'. Real winner of miss MTF. Noleta: Noleta. A Djokovic fan from Germany. Pfloyd: Manuel from the US - Florida. Punky: Amber from Israel ,a Roger fan through and through . Saxoner: Matt from Canada, Roger fan, in his own words: "The Newbie that knows nothing, yet", don't worry Matt you'll get the hang of this place really fast! ShotmaKer: Djou from Madagascar, fan of Federer, Rafter and Edberg. Sonja1989: Diana from Hungary ,the fan of Marcel Granollers as well as a self confessed Kubot fan . straitup94: Justin from the Rocky Mountains of the US, fan of the American towers and many others. The Bulldog George from South East England. The placid and philosophical fan of Berankis, Goffin & Stebe, among others. TigerTim Fred from England. Fan of grass tennis, serve & volley as well as Andy Murray
Former Castlers: Clay Death: The Destroyer from Mississippi, Lord of the Castle, big fan of Clay Court tennis and Nadal the Clay Monster. One of the 6 original Castlers.. No longer at MTF Start da Game: Shankar from India, huge fan of Nadal and Sampras. No longer at MTF *Ljubica*: Rose from England, our former resident Djokovic fan. No longer on MTF habibko: Habib from Saudi Arabia. Big fan of Federer. One of the 6 original Castlers, though he is no longer part of Castle Har-Tru: Jose from Spain. Occasionaly lives in Germany. HUGE fan of Stan Wawrinka. Left the Castle for unknown reasons. Dini.: Nadine from England. Can speak Arabic, Swedish and of course English. Another big fan of Federer. Has left the castle for unknown reasons
Re: Ye Olde Castle Volume 59 - All welcome at the Castle that never sleeps
A true warrior is someone who strives to be the best they can be at all things (living life to its fullest) and not necessarily as someone who has prowess in the physical/martial arts of battle, but also in the arts of the psychological, mental and spiritual so that one may have the discipline to change our own behaviour to that of living honourable and in a sacred manner.
A person who lives with honour is noble.
A warrior is someone who lives to a strict code of honour AND lives life to the fullest in full awareness and without fear of the unpredictable nature of life and of the constant presence of death.
Death is not to be seen as something to be feared but only another part of the journey and therefore as with all things it is to be faced with honour.
in the Castle we draw inspiration from the great King Leonidas who has achieved immortality by his true warrior spirit that he showed for his country and his people.
one of his inspiring quotes for all ages:
"In the end, a warrior's true strength is the warrior next to him. So give respect and honor to him, and it will be returned to you. First, you fight with your head."
Re: Ye Olde Castle Volume 59 - All welcome at the Castle that never sleeps
kingiskingfineon the Savior of India
DEElightful the Californian Warrior
LittleGloves the Youngest Princess
Juan Del Pony the Lovely Princess of California
Masterclass the Master of Tennisology
Punky - Princess of Hugs
ClashCityRocker - #1 Music Man
hat__boy the Prince of Wales
Freak3yman84 the master of humour
our official motto:
"Mercilessly we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the swift desert wind as we drink the universe in a glass of rain. And we, the ultimate masters of the battlefield, take anything that we rest our eyes on."
Re: •°o* Ye Olde Castle Volume 59 - All welcome at the Castle that never sleeps
congrats on yet another record breaking volume, but please TT let the opening page be like the way it is.
reducing castle pics to right sizes is a good job but don't delete posters/hall of famers names, thank you.
Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013
Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)