Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

I find that I am really good friends with guys to whom I feel 0 sexual attraction.

When my best guy friend joked about me and him dating, my first response was always to laugh.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 96,243
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

that's why you are good friends with him

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #213 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
 
leng jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oxford (at heart)
Age: 29
Posts: 24,644
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

I presume every girl is my friend unless proven otherwise

WARNING: This signature may contain extreme traces of bullying and glory hunting
TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
0 double bagels consumed against Raonic on grass
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline  
post #214 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Of course men are gimps.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #215 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
that's why you are good friends with him
He always seemed a tad disappointed whenever I laughed.


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #216 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Thanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,824
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Men are gimps confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Of course men are gimps.
final nail in the coffin.
Thanos is offline  
post #217 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Thanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,824
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

i just filov this thread.... last post for the day.

[youtube]odv_d6LJcnY [/youtube]

Thanos is offline  
post #218 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
 
gaitare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,813
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

I don't have time for 10000 word essay on Poland that no one would read and no time for a big multiqoute

As for "not speaking Polish", it happens only in posh places I think and it's a pastime(?) of (hopefully not that many) young people who want to be middle class soon, they consider themselves Europeans first and foremost, for them everything Polish is provincial and backward, and they want to appear modern and cosmopolitan. I can be a very fierce critic of Poland at times but they take it to ridiculous extremes.

As for "waiting two hours for a waiter if you're not a foreigner" in gaitare's city: it's an exxageration I think but similar things used to happen. My city (Kraków) is considered to be the most beautiful in Poland (some will disagree) and it is usually full of tourists, the Main Square itself is very tourist-oriented and the managament might have encouraged the staff to "avoid" young Poles who, in their eyes, "sip one beer for 4 hours and the bill is small". Off the Main Square it doesn't happen I think.

The quality of service in Poland has been generally poor since 1989, we Poles just can't "serve" to other people, especially other Poles, we find it very degrading, it is not in our blood. And in the communism times the waiter or the shop assistant was the boss because there was a deficiency in everything. But this has been changing as well and the service is becoming more and more "professional" and we're definitely on the right track with that.
gaitare is offline  
post #219 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

I wouldn't expect speedy, fast or friendly service in Russia, Poland or Ukraine.

Men are stupid and are good at it.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #220 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered User
 
gaitare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,813
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
I wouldn't expect speedy, fast or friendly service in Russia, Poland or Ukraine.

Men are stupid and are good at it.
I'm getting it more and more often but I'm still a bit surprised whenever it happens
gaitare is offline  
post #221 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Posts: 6,118
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Tripwires: friendzoned guys since 2001.
Gagsquet is offline  
post #222 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
I'm getting it more and more often but I'm still a bit surprised whenever it happens
Hahahaha, it'd be like what the fuck is going on here.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #223 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
 
Li Ching Yuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down Low.
Posts: 5,250
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Tripwires: friendzoned guys since 2001.
Doesn't do it on purpose. She already has 4-5 boyfriends on the side. Just in case.

No room left.
Li Ching Yuen is offline  
post #224 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 96,243
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
I'm getting it more and more often but I'm still a bit surprised whenever it happens
same here



well, i was a visitor in gaitare's city (which is not the most beautiful city in poland btw) between 2006 and 2009 either alone, with my parents or with my foreign ex bf a few times... the service was the best in the last case
also anytime they heard us speaking english on the street, we were invited to posh clubs with door selection, while the young poles stood in a long queue and were often sent away

i do hope these trends are changing over there; this year in warsaw i was positively surprised all the time last year in sopot too (but only when i was with mom and not with my friend of similar age)

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #225 of 5005 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Expectations already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i just filov this thread.... last post for the day.

[youtube]odv_d6LJcnY [/youtube]

Sounds like a girl singing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
I don't have time for 10000 word essay on Poland that no one would read and no time for a big multiqoute
I would've totally read your essay.

Quote:
As for "not speaking Polish", it happens only in posh places I think and it's a pastime(?) of (hopefully not that many) young people who want to be middle class soon, they consider themselves Europeans first and foremost, for them everything Polish is provincial and backward, and they want to appear modern and cosmopolitan. I can be a very fierce critic of Poland at times but they take it to ridiculous extremes.
Reminds me a bit of when I stayed at the W Hotel in Taipei and how the Taiwanese staff, upon hearing my BF speak English (his Mandarin is awful), kept dropping English phrases at random while dominantly speaking in Mandarin. Unlike Singapore where the people here genuinely speak like that (and it makes me cringe my face off), it seemed like they were trying to impress.

But I agree - that's really ridiculous. I used to not really like my own culture when I was younger and practically worshipped the West. Thankfully I saw the error of my ways pretty early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Tripwires: friendzoned guys since 2001.
Why 2001?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
Doesn't do it on purpose. She already has 4-5 boyfriends on the side. Just in case.

No room left.


I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
same here



well, i was a visitor in gaitare's city (which is not the most beautiful city in poland btw) between 2006 and 2009 either alone, with my parents or with my foreign ex bf a few times... the service was the best in the last case
also anytime they heard us speaking english on the street, we were invited to posh clubs with door selection, while the young poles stood in a long queue and were often sent away

i do hope these trends are changing over there; this year in warsaw i was positively surprised all the time last year in sopot too (but only when i was with mom and not with my friend of similar age)
Does this mean I'd get great service when I go to Poland because I speak English, or would I be ignored because I'm Asian?

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome