Football Zone - Page 328 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4906 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 15,952
                     
Re: Football Zone

I don't think Man Utd was better today nor the first leg. Bigger chances for Man Utd until the red card, but RM was totally dominating the field play in both of the legs.

Still, if the de Jong karatachop @ Xabi's chest in the World Cup Final 2010 wasn't red this definately wasn't a red card.


Congrats RM fans, hopefully we (Barça) can join you in QF.


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4907 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered User
 
Fujee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,674
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
he did his best to eliminate RM once again, u couldn't ask for more...
Yep, couple of blatant penalty shouts in there. Most intolerable footballer ever, in Suarez's league of annoying.

Eufemiano Fuentes

“I worked with cyclists but also footballers, boxers, tennis players and athletes,”


For Posterity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I honestly don't think Brown has much of a chance at all, think he might get a set at best though.
Fujee is offline  
post #4908 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Registered User
 
RIboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11,537
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I don't think Man Utd was better today nor the first leg. Bigger chances for Man Utd until the red card, but RM was totally dominating the field play in both of the legs.

Still, if the de Jong karatachop @ Xabi's chest in the World Cup Final 2010 wasn't red this definately wasn't a red card.


Congrats RM fans, hopefully we (Barça) can join you in QF.
that doesn't mean much cos they were impotent in the attacking 3rd of the field most of the time...
RIboy is offline  
post #4909 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: Football Zone

Man Utd have benefited from so much preferential treatment and so many poor refereeing decisions in their favor over the years, so it's hilarious to see them getting knocked out like this.

They never looked good enough to go all the way in this competition anyway. They are the dominant force in the EPL, but that is a league that is getting weaker by the year. The Man Utd team from 2007-2009 was lightyears better than their current team.

Dortmund play the most aesthetically pleasing football out of all the big guns in Europe, a passing style at high energy, frentic pace. Great to watch.
LeChuck is offline  
post #4910 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,030
                     
Re: Football Zone

After that, I hope no RM fans ever go on about Uefalona or UNICEF again.

Real were impotent to be honest till the red card and Ferguson was winning the tactical battle.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #4911 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 7,480
                     
Re: Football Zone

Mourinho said post match that "We didn't deserve to win, the better team lost."

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #4912 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,889
                     
Re: Football Zone

I'm a United fan, but congrats to RM. Even after the red card we had 3/4 chances that were brilliantly stopped by Diego Lopez.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #4913 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,889
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Man Utd have benefited from so much preferential treatment and so many poor refereeing decisions in their favor over the years, so it's hilarious to see them getting knocked out like this.

They never looked good enough to go all the way in this competition anyway. They are the dominant force in the EPL, but that is a league that is getting weaker by the year. The Man Utd team from 2007-2009 was lightyears better than their current team.

Dortmund play the most aesthetically pleasing football out of all the big guns in Europe, a passing style at high energy, frentic pace. Great to watch.
Pretty funny because we've also had the fair share of decisions go against us... but of course blind bitters never see that.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #4914 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,218
                     
Re: Football Zone

first of all the tackle was more clumsy than on purpose and if you are following exact rules it could be a red card but in such game at that moment you can't give it like that, united were better team tonight and deserved to win, mourinho in post match comment said that the best team lost

second, immediately after nani got excluded he made a gesture towards ferguson in a style it was a wrong decision, so people who spitting on him should compare this gesture with guardiola's maniac run after iniesta scored in biggest robbery of modern football at stamford bridge


and for the end would like to share one few weeks old bad rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
i ona tvoja prognoza da će modrić bit vrhunski dodatak realu hahahah pa jbt jel možeš ti išta pogodit
translation on my shattered english " and that your prediction that modric will be great asset for madrid hahahahaha, ffs could you get something right

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
post #4915 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,226
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Pretty funny because we've also had the fair share of decisions go against us... but of course blind bitters never see that.
The logic here is the same as with Roger. The haters only see the decision that go our way .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #4916 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Football Zone

Man United get some sort of help from the referee probably once every fortnight domestically, so as they say, what goes around comes around.
The Prince is offline  
post #4917 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Splash Fam
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 12,054
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Man United get some sort of help from the referee probably once every fortnight domestically, so as they say, what goes around comes around.
Pretty much this.

Nole Rules is offline  
post #4918 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,889
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Man United get some sort of help from the referee probably once every fortnight domestically, so as they say, what goes around comes around.
We haven't had Ref's help domestically for ages, so I don't know what you're on about.

And of course I'm sure, Arsenal never get Ref's help, only team that does is United... that's right.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #4919 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered User
 
zerocool_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,434
                     
Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
first of all the tackle was more clumsy than on purpose and if you are following exact rules it could be a red card but in such game at that moment you can't give it like that, united were better team tonight and deserved to win, mourinho in post match comment said that the best team lost

second, immediately after nani got excluded he made a gesture towards ferguson in a style it was a wrong decision, so people who spitting on him should compare this gesture with guardiola's maniac run after iniesta scored in biggest robbery of modern football at stamford bridge


and for the end would like to share one few weeks old bad rep



translation on my shattered english " and that your prediction that modric will be great asset for madrid hahahahaha, ffs could you get something right
So scoring 1 important goal is really worth all that money? xD
Let see what gona happend in future.
zerocool_ is offline  
post #4920 of 4995 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered User
 
Fujee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,674
                     
Re: Football Zone

Man U will defos win the league now, as if it was in any doubt though..

Eufemiano Fuentes

“I worked with cyclists but also footballers, boxers, tennis players and athletes,”


For Posterity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I honestly don't think Brown has much of a chance at all, think he might get a set at best though.
Fujee is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome